Destroy The Cabal

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bjhughes1963
x3tc

Destroy The Cabal

Post by bjhughes1963 » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 00:58

I sided with Zyarth and then blockaded all the jump gates in that area to suppress CAB from leaving or moving. CAB no longer has a wharf, eq dock or shipyard and all CAB traffic seem to have stopped. Some of Zyarth's forces may still be attacking CAB stations.

I also completed the Paranid plot and set TRI to war with Zyarth, he's controlling an area between two of my sectors that I took from the Xenon.

I'm not sure if I should destroy all of the remaining CAB stations then declare war on Zyarth or leave the CAB for later. I could then declare war on Zyarth and take over the sectors where TRI is fighting Zyarth.

Any thoughts?

NiAypa
x4

Re: Destroy The Cabal

Post by NiAypa » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 19:40

To me it sounds a little bit like you have already made your decision, I mean without any wharfs or shipyards left... also both of your proposed ways end up in declaring war to ZYA ;)

bjhughes1963
x3tc

Post by bjhughes1963 » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:04

I wasn't sure if I had made my mind up or not. I have wiped out the Court, for now, not sure if they can respawn. I had a previous playthrough where I eliminated them and the next day my game started to hang up. I looked through a debug log and saw an error that the CAB faction rep didn't have a location. There were no CAB stations left for the rep. I went back to a previous save, didn't wipe them out, and never got another freeze.

Zyarth is doing a pretty good job supplying my station builds in their former sectors so going to war with them would be counterproductive. At least for now, I'm not sure I want or need to go to war with them. If the rebellion has been crushed and Zyarth doesn't start to expand or threaten my sectors and/or Argon expansion I might just leave Zyarth dealing with the Paranid.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:10

" .. the next day my game started to hang up. I looked through a debug log and saw an error that the CAB faction rep didn't have a location."

Was that ever reported as a bug? If not, the devs have no chance to fix it or prevent it happening again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bjhughes1963
x3tc

Post by bjhughes1963 » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 18:34

It was a heavily modded save so I figured they wouldn't want to see it.

I imagine it wasn't the cause though, the CAB rebuild stations even after you've destroyed all the current ones. That new station would be the next rep location. I did notice that there's a new rep each time.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”