4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Revan Tair
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 24. Sep 06, 21:23
x4

4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Revan Tair » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 09:05

Just to bump this Subforum into 2021 :D

We will start this by talking about Spoilers to CoH and 4.0
What I uncovered so far is following (Attention Spoilers):
Spoiler
Show
I've read through the t-file from the latest 4.0b4 version. There are several new plots, new unique missions and ofc sectors.
  • TER/PIO(Terran Protectorate/ Segaris Pioneers) Gamestart Sectors: Mars /Brennan's Triumph. The Sectors seems to be following: TER: Sol (with everything appropiate in it, you know it people. PIO: Segaris, Brennan's Triumph, Gaian Prophecy. Savage Spur seems to be Yaki. I am guessing that the Terrans will connect to ANT or close to them.
  • I've found so far 4 Plots (there should be 5): Yaki Plot, Terraform Plot, Venture Plot(?) and ANT secret service. I can't verify for myself right now the other plots.
If anyone wants to add to this please use spoilers, since that's new content that's not even released. This is the spoiler forum, but this is spoiler² :D

@Egosoft or @Mods if this is not allowed than please take it down or give me a wink.

It seems like Egosoft is putting in an incredible work into this DLC. The other additions like repeatable orders or mimic behaviour (we need mimic orders tbh) are very game changing in my opnion and will help us very much. I've yet to play around with the coordinate attack behaviour.

Revan Tair
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

TheDeliveryMan
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat, 10. Dec 11, 04:10
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 4. Jan 21, 16:27

There are many text lines about:
Spoiler
Show
multiverse guilds

Revan Tair
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 24. Sep 06, 21:23
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Revan Tair » Mon, 4. Jan 21, 18:46

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Mon, 4. Jan 21, 16:27
There are many text lines about:
Spoiler
Show
multiverse guilds
Yep! Also there seems to be
Spoiler
Show
a online map and finally a pier(edit: not dock), so we can send L and XL ships. Huge update inc for online! @z1ppeh sent me that info, thanks man!
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

rene6740
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat, 4. Oct 08, 17:35
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by rene6740 » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 02:25

Please don’t lock rewards I.e. paint mods and the only reasonable way to get exceptional ship mods behind online features. That’s the worst design in X4.

User avatar
Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sun, 26. Jan 14, 10:56

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Tamina » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:46

CoH achievements are online and they reveal some details
Spoiler
Show
ACH_COH_ACCESS_DENIED
ACH_COH_ACCESS_GRANTED
ACH_COH_CADET
ACH_COH_PIONEER
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_1
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_ARGON
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_NONE
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_TERRAN
ACH_COH_PLOT_TERRAN_WAR
ACH_COH_PLOT_TF_1
ACH_COH_PLOT_YAKI_1
ACH_ONLINE_JOIN_SEASON
ACH_PLOT_PARANID_WAR
ACH_TERRAFORMING_IMPOSSIBLE
ACH_TERRAFORMING_MISSION
ACH_TERRAFORMING_PROJECT
So Yaki are confirmed if they weren't already.

Speculation:
- 4 new plots (counting the 4 different plot strings)
- Including another Paranid plot, which is not tied to the DLC.
- One of the CoH Plots seems to have 3 different branches (Argon, Terran and None)

Source

Code: Select all

  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 
This is Tamina. Copy Tamina to your signature to help her achieve world domination.

Revan Tair
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 24. Sep 06, 21:23
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Revan Tair » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 23:25

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:46
CoH achievements are online and they reveal some details
Spoiler
Show
ACH_COH_ACCESS_DENIED
ACH_COH_ACCESS_GRANTED
ACH_COH_CADET
ACH_COH_PIONEER
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_1
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_ARGON
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_NONE
ACH_COH_PLOT_COVERT_TERRAN
ACH_COH_PLOT_TERRAN_WAR
ACH_COH_PLOT_TF_1
ACH_COH_PLOT_YAKI_1
ACH_ONLINE_JOIN_SEASON
ACH_PLOT_PARANID_WAR
ACH_TERRAFORMING_IMPOSSIBLE
ACH_TERRAFORMING_MISSION
ACH_TERRAFORMING_PROJECT
So Yaki are confirmed if they weren't already.

Speculation:
- 4 new plots (counting the 4 different plot strings)
- Including another Paranid plot, which is not tied to the DLC.
- One of the CoH Plots seems to have 3 different branches (Argon, Terran and None)

Source
Thanks for the Info, Tamina :)

Seems like Beta5 will be up soonish too (could be a week or two, max)


Revan Tair
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

Teladi CEO
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:24

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Teladi CEO » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:28

Do the game files say anything about Terran ships for CoH? Thanks!
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Stoats not Goats
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 6. Dec 17, 10:49
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Stoats not Goats » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 01:08

Teladi CEO wrote:
Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:28
Do the game files say anything about Terran ships for CoH? Thanks!
They do indeed (here's a list of Terran Ships, their functioning and where we've seen them before in trailers or screenshots). And of course all of these ships are subject to changes in name, appearance, etc. before egosoft releases the CoH DLC. So some of the ships named below might not actually make an appearance in game.
Spoiler
Show
TER Ships
Asgard - XL - Battleship (fusion of ATF and USC design, seen in SOTD thread)
Tokyo - XL - Carrier (probably similar to the X3 Tokyo)
Honshu - XL - Resupply Ship
Osaka - L - Destroyer (long ship seen in the trailer near the HQ, "design retained the two-pronged front bow of the older ship, while adopting an elongated rear section more typical of contemporary Terran designs")
Syn - L - Destroyer (Old ATF design)
Falx - M - Frigate (not seen in any footage or screenshots)
Katana - M - Corvette (almost identical to X3 and X-Rebirth renditions, seen in the SOTD thread)
Jian - M - Gunboat
Gladius - S - Heavy Fighter (could be the fighter with folding wings)
Kukri - S - Fighter (asymmetrical fighter seen in one of the trailers)
Nimcha - S - Scout
Rapier - S - Scout (possibly the tall S ship seen in the thumbnail for the trailer)
Copis - S/M/L - Miner (mineral and gas variants)
Bolo - S/M/L - Miner (mineral and gas variants)
Frog - S - Trader
Baldric - M - Trader
Hokkaido - L - Miner (mineral and gas variants)
Okinawa - L - Trader
Kyushu - XL - Builder

PIO Ships
Takoba - S - Fighter
Kalis - S - Fighter (modified Kukri)

YAK Ships
Moreya - S - Fighter (modified Pegasus, seen in SOTD thread)
Inari - S/M/L/XL - Unknown (may not be implemented)
Kuraokami - M - Corvette (modified Nemesis)
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:
My guides
[*]What do all the Orders do?
[*]Order Loops Tips & Tricks

Teladi CEO
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:24

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Teladi CEO » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:05

Wow! Thanks, that far more ships than I expected. Sounds like the Terrans will have the mightiest of fleets, some people think the tall ship is Yaki since it looks like the Yaki’s old x3 scout. Again thanks.

Edit: I wonder what Terran ships the PIO will get?
Last edited by Teladi CEO on Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Stoats not Goats
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 6. Dec 17, 10:49
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Stoats not Goats » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:15

No worries mate, I was also quite surprised when I saw just how many ships are likely to be added, however, it's quite likely that not all of the ships will make it into the final release much like the Python and Viper that were cut from the Split DLC.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:
My guides
[*]What do all the Orders do?
[*]Order Loops Tips & Tricks

Teladi CEO
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:24

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Teladi CEO » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:19

Yeah, the python was a shame. I wanted to destroy a I with that thing. If it follows the same path as Split vendetta I’m guessing that the gunship will be removed. I also researched Syn, she’s the Norse god of defense. I think that hints to its purpose.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Stoats not Goats
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 6. Dec 17, 10:49
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Stoats not Goats » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:47

Seeing as you're really interested in the Syn here's its description.
Spoiler
Show
The Syn-class destroyer is a remnant of the AGI Task Force fleet. With its three front-facing weapons, it was designed to take on large, slow targets. While most other ATF ships were systematically decommissioned and replaced by the Terran Protectorate, the Syn, due to its specialised nature, was absorbed into the Protectorate's military. While the Terran Protectorate developed their own destroyer-class ship, the Osaka, they saw sufficient military value in operating two distinct lines of destroyers side by side
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:
My guides
[*]What do all the Orders do?
[*]Order Loops Tips & Tricks

Teladi CEO
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:24

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Teladi CEO » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:56

Thanks for the description. Sorry for placing all the work on your shoulders, I have no skill in editing files and such.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
Posts: 2747
Joined: Mon, 26. Mar 12, 14:57
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by linolafett » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 11:46

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Mon, 18. Jan 21, 02:15
No worries mate, I was also quite surprised when I saw just how many ships are likely to be added, however, it's quite likely that not all of the ships will make it into the final release much like the Python and Viper that were cut from the Split DLC.
Because of the delay of the release, all ships will make it into the game.
The last ship currently being modelled is the M frigate, but this will be finalized before the expansion is released.
01000100 01101111 00100000 01110011 01110000 01101100 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101111 01101011 01101001 01100101 01110011 00111111

My art stuff

Revan Tair
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 24. Sep 06, 21:23
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Revan Tair » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 12:54

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Mon, 18. Jan 21, 01:08
Teladi CEO wrote:
Sun, 17. Jan 21, 16:28
Do the game files say anything about Terran ships for CoH? Thanks!
They do indeed (here's a list of Terran Ships, their functioning and where we've seen them before in trailers or screenshots). And of course all of these ships are subject to changes in name, appearance, etc. before egosoft releases the CoH DLC. So some of the ships named below might not actually make an appearance in game.
Spoiler
Show
TER Ships
Asgard - XL - Battleship (fusion of ATF and USC design, seen in SOTD thread)
Tokyo - XL - Carrier (probably similar to the X3 Tokyo)
Honshu - XL - Resupply Ship
Osaka - L - Destroyer (long ship seen in the trailer near the HQ, "design retained the two-pronged front bow of the older ship, while adopting an elongated rear section more typical of contemporary Terran designs")
Syn - L - Destroyer (Old ATF design)
Falx - M - Frigate (not seen in any footage or screenshots)
Katana - M - Corvette (almost identical to X3 and X-Rebirth renditions, seen in the SOTD thread)
Jian - M - Gunboat
Gladius - S - Heavy Fighter (could be the fighter with folding wings)
Kukri - S - Fighter (asymmetrical fighter seen in one of the trailers)
Nimcha - S - Scout
Rapier - S - Scout (possibly the tall S ship seen in the thumbnail for the trailer)
Copis - S/M/L - Miner (mineral and gas variants)
Bolo - S/M/L - Miner (mineral and gas variants)
Frog - S - Trader
Baldric - M - Trader
Hokkaido - L - Miner (mineral and gas variants)
Okinawa - L - Trader
Kyushu - XL - Builder

PIO Ships
Takoba - S - Fighter
Kalis - S - Fighter (modified Kukri)

YAK Ships
Moreya - S - Fighter (modified Pegasus, seen in SOTD thread)
Inari - S/M/L/XL - Unknown (may not be implemented)
Kuraokami - M - Corvette (modified Nemesis)
Thanks for the info, Stoats not Goats. That and the confirmation of linolafett is making my day :)

Revan Tair
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”