Duke's Tempest... - Changes in 4.00 release.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Abaws
x4

Duke's Tempest... - Changes in 4.00 release.

Post by Abaws » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 22:25

Will they ever rebuild Duke's Haven somewhere? It's been destroyed completely a few days back... did it happen to anyone yet?

Abaws
x4

Re: Duke's Tempest...

Post by Abaws » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 04:06

Little update

They are still building ships out of my shipyards

And when I ask them where the Faction Rep is, they always send me at some random other faction location. Any info would be appreciated :D

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 21:32

Had the same issue on my save - seems they won't rebuild by themselves. However, as long as there is at least one TEM station left, you can sit there and wait till a "build xxx factory" mission shows up. Then, you need to add defense modules, ship production modules (S/M, L and XL), enough storage modules and potentially even some production modules to help them kick start their economy. As soon as the shipyard is completed and handed over, a faction representative will spawn in there.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 02:28

Hello all. I've searched the forums and keep seeing where there is a "Dukes Tempest" sector along with another sector which had a name change from "Nop....Fortune to the Dukes name. Also keep seeing where there is a mission to build the Duke's Shipyard.
I have yet to see any of these in my game. I have completed all Plot Missions and have 1356.3 hours of gameplay but I do have good rep with the Buccaneer's. If I took another route doing the Paranid Plot, am I screwed and will never see the Duke's Buccaneers mission?
stu

p.s. edit: Spelled name wrong, corrected
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 09:39

Abaws wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 22:25
Will they ever rebuild Duke's Haven somewhere? It's been destroyed completely a few days back... did it happen to anyone yet?
HOP killed the Haven a few hours after I completed the plot. Back then the Haven did was not able to build ships because of missing blueprints. They do not rebuild their Haven. Have created multiple posts by now about that situation... but looks like they don’t want to fix that. Have given up by now and live with the fact that there is yet another useless faction in the game.
Stu Austin wrote:
Sat, 24. Oct 20, 02:28
I have yet to see any of these in my game. I have completed all Plot Missions and have 1356.3 hours of gameplay but I do have good rep with the Buccaneer's. If I took another route doing the Paranid Plot, am I screwed and will never see the Duke's Buccaneers mission?
stu
If you unified the Paranid, then you took the wrong decision and won’t get to the point where BUC turns into Dukes Tempest faction and you have to build their Haven.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:54

Any chance of this being fixed officially? Holding off on building the haven untill I know they wont be murdered instantly.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 18:04

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:54
Any chance of this being fixed officially? Holding off on building the haven untill I know they wont be murdered instantly.
The missing blueprints were officially fixed, yes. However, I will say that the Duke's project is rather ambitious by design, and depending on the strength of their neighbours, the Buccaneers may struggle with defending against incoming attacks. At the end of the day, that should create a huge demand for the player's ship-building wares.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 14:59

NightmareNight91 wrote:
They will not rebuild the Haven on their own. I had to look for a build station mission to them a new wharf.

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 18:04
NightmareNight91 wrote:
The missing blueprints were officially fixed, yes. However, I will say that the Duke's project is rather ambitious by design, and depending on the strength of their neighbours, the Buccaneers may struggle with defending against incoming attacks. At the end of the day, that should create a huge demand for the player's ship-building wares.
So you’re not gonna answer the question if you at some point fix them to try and rebuild their Haven?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 17:32

rene6740 wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 14:59
NightmareNight91 wrote:
They will not rebuild the Haven on their own. I had to look for a build station mission to them a new wharf.
Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 18:04
NightmareNight91 wrote:
So you’re not gonna answer the question if you at some point fix them to try and rebuild their Haven?
Them not rebuilding their HQ is not a bug. The Buccaneers are a faction with the sole purpose of fighting a proxy war for the player. By making the choice to create that faction, the player gains a new market for their wares. In return, the faction relies on the player's support to survive, at least initially.

Other factions will indeed try to rebuild their HQ somewhere else in their territory, but the Buccaneers' only sector is owned by them because of their HQ. If that gets destroyed, naturally they'll have nowhere else to go.

Also, consider that with an endlessly self-rebuilding HQ, the player couldn't cut support and let them disappear, or even destroy them personally, should they want to do that.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 17:37

Gimbutz wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 17:32

Other factions will indeed try to rebuild their HQ somewhere else in their territory, but the Buccaneers' only sector is owned by them because of their HQ. If that gets destroyed, naturally they'll have nowhere else to go.

Also, consider that with an endlessly self-rebuilding HQ, the player couldn't cut support and let them disappear, or even destroy them personally, should they want to do that.
All factions, including TEM, should really try and rebuild their HQ if they own a sector. That also doesn’t stop the player from wiping them out. Just build an admin center, destroy all others in the sector, get ownership and stop npc rebuilding their hq.
So you are basically saying, that them not rebuilding is intended despite them owning a sector?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:14

rene6740 wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 17:37
All factions, including TEM, should really try and rebuild their HQ if they own a sector. That also doesn’t stop the player from wiping them out. Just build an admin center, destroy all others in the sector, get ownership and stop npc rebuilding their hq.
So you are basically saying, that them not rebuilding is intended despite them owning a sector?
Yes, as I stated, factions are trying to rebuild their HQ (and/or other vital stations, depending on the faction) if they own a sector. There are exceptions, but that's the general idea. What I'm getting at is that it would certainly be frustrating if this specific, warmongering faction were to continue rebuilding their HQ despite them not owning any sectors. There'd be no definitive way to "beat" them, should the player decide that they want to do that.

Now, reading between the lines of your reply, I guess that you've given the Buccaneers an admin module via a build station mission. You're now expecting that since you've actively decided to do that, the game should respect your effort and make the faction rebuild their HQ. That notion I can get behind, and it would certainly be in line with how other factions work. I can't make any promises, but I'll bring it up.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:27

Gimbutz wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:14
rene6740 wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 17:37
Yes, as I stated, factions are trying to rebuild their HQ (and/or other vital stations, depending on the faction) if they own a sector. There are exceptions, but that's the general idea. What I'm getting at is that it would certainly be frustrating if this specific, warmongering faction were to continue rebuilding their HQ despite them not owning any sectors. There'd be no definitive way to "beat" them, should the player decide that they want to do that.

Now, reading between the lines of your reply, I guess that you've given the Buccaneers an admin module via a build station mission. You're now expecting that since you've actively decided to do that, the game should respect your effort and make the faction rebuild their HQ. That notion I can get behind, and it would certainly be in line with how other factions work. I can't make any promises, but I'll bring it up.
I did not give them an admin module. After the plot they started to build stations on their own, among them some defense stations. HOP only had interest in the Haven and left the sector untouched since then. They NEVER lost the sector. They only lost the Haven because TEM shipyard was missing blueprints for WEEKS after you released that unfinished dlc and weren’t able to build ships to defend.

What’s even the point in adding half baked factions to the game? Especially crippling a faction that is supposed to cause mayhem but is not able to rebuild their HQ, Heck they didn’t even try to defend their HQ. There were plenty Corsair and TEM ships in sector that didn’t even cared at all... That is also soo close to the only faction that actively invades and has triple the ship quota of other factions. Plus their destroyers are way superior compared to other factions.

Fantome_29
x4

Post by Fantome_29 » Fri, 27. Nov 20, 20:56

Took me like 4 hours to build that HQ, 2 min after i gave it to Duke, HOP fleet showed in and 5 min later wtfpwned that HQ... :rant:

Good thing it didnt breack the plot and i could still end it but not any other Duke's station have been built so no way to build HQ back.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Nov 20, 22:22

".. HQ, 2 min after i gave it to Duke, HOP fleet showed in and 5 min later wtfpwned that HQ .." If you see the dev's comment on that exact situation further up in this thread, if you really wanted to support the Duke in the insurgency then that early HOP fleet invasion should have been *your* job to meet and neutralise.

I think the intent is that if you want to side with the Duke and have them as a long term ally and limit to HOP expansion then you shouldn't be trying to stay friends with HOP in the meantime.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 6. Jan 21, 11:47

If I may revive this thread from the dead: Could somebody provide a save where the HQ got destroyed? That would make it easier to test the upcoming improvements.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 29. Jan 21, 13:52

Gimbutz wrote:
Wed, 6. Jan 21, 11:47
If I may revive this thread from the dead: Could somebody provide a save where the HQ got destroyed? That would make it easier to test the upcoming improvements.
You can use this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3SofT ... sp=sharing

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 21:03

Dukes doenst conquest sectors?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 12:44

Gimbutz wrote:
Here's another save, after x4 Beta 5 and the effort to get the Duke rebuilding, I am finding that the PAR are just wiping out any attempt to rebuild (currently using beta 7) ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/df8f95gt47xs8 ... ml.gz?dl=0
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:42

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Tue, 16. Feb 21, 12:44
Gimbutz wrote:
Here's another save, after x4 Beta 5 and the effort to get the Duke rebuilding, I am finding that the PAR are just wiping out any attempt to rebuild (currently using beta 7) ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/df8f95gt47xs8 ... ml.gz?dl=0
I've seen your post in the Beta Feedback forum and we've discussed the matter internally. While my explanation that the player should be expected to realise that a fledgling pirate faction would immediately have a target painted on their back makes sense if you look at the mission in hindsight, we found that expecting the player to anticipate a full-scale invasion the moment the station construction finished was asking a bit much.

We're currently planning to test a solution where stage 2 of the diplomatic investment missions after the Paranid Civil War story prevents the Godrealm of the Paranid and the Holy Order of the Pontifex from invading Nopileos' Fortune. If the war only kicks off after stage 3, the Duke's Tempest might have a better fighting chance.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 17:09

Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:42
~ we found that expecting the player to anticipate a full-scale invasion the moment the station construction finished was asking a bit much. ~
Yep thats pretty much the experience I had, as soon the Dukes Wharf and Fleet are finished Paranid respond with their not insignificant might.
Within minutes all you have done to help is gone.

I cant imagine a game where the Paranid do not have such a huge force by this stage, so note to self : Avoid this mission in future, going up against all Paranid for the sake of whatever the Duke has to offer is a bit of a tall order.

Thank you for looking into it :).
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”