Weapons/anything guide?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
AspiringAlly
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 5. May 20, 04:29

Weapons/anything guide?

Post by AspiringAlly » Wed, 20. May 20, 06:23

Hi,

I played many hours of x3:TC. Loved it.

I recently picked up x4 and...
I love it so much I bought the DLC even in these money-scarce times!

Do you remember how X3 had that enormous, Moby Dick-scale guide that someone compiled from all the useful extant guides?
That thing was a lifesaver.

So...

Does anything like that exist for *this* game?
It wouldn’t be to the same extent, I’m sure, that having been the product of many years. But still, even though this game is still changing, it has been several years (and X3 was ever-changing).


Barring that, is there at least a decent guide on the weapons/missiles?

That’s what I need for the moment.

I’ve put 100 hours in so far, and I haven’t had time to test them all thoroughly (and one that I did test, I learned from a random comment later that I’d missed a whole aspect of it!).

The encyclopedia, while sporadically helpful, is not at all sufficient. (And not just in the, “man, it sure sucks that so few of these entries have descriptions” way, either.)

I’m like, “Let me try this gun. Huh it fires sl.. oh ok, I get it. It does more damage when you charge it up. Done. Oh wait, it also has a DoT effect. Huh. Well, the charged shots are tricky to hit little enemies with, but what if I feather the firing? Is that effective? Maybe I’ll spend hours testing that out...”

That’s one gun.

So, does such a guide exist?


Anyway, thanks.
I’m off to fumble with this HOTAS I just bought, the 1st stick I’ve ever owned. Man, this game is harder suddenly. Bye!

User avatar
DeadlyDa
Posts: 1866
Joined: Mon, 5. Jan 04, 05:46
x4

Re: Weapons/anything guide?

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 20. May 20, 09:22

You've probably already seen this, but the Wiki has all the basic stats for weapons, turrets, missiles, ships, etc...

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +Wiki+Home

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I've found it very useful.
ImageImage
- Also check out the DDTC Forums, and the X-Wiki

paraskous
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 25. Apr 07, 13:42
x4

Re: Weapons/anything guide?

Post by paraskous » Wed, 20. May 20, 10:55

DeadlyDa wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 09:22
You've probably already seen this, but the Wiki has all the basic stats for weapons, turrets, missiles, ships, etc...

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +Wiki+Home

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I've found it very useful.
It does? I can't find any tables and stats.

paraskous
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 25. Apr 07, 13:42
x4

Re: Weapons/anything guide?

Post by paraskous » Wed, 20. May 20, 10:57

paraskous wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 10:55
DeadlyDa wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 09:22
You've probably already seen this, but the Wiki has all the basic stats for weapons, turrets, missiles, ships, etc...

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +Wiki+Home

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I've found it very useful.
It does? I can't find any tables and stats.
OMG, It defaults to German and HIDES all the english pages. Found it now.

AspiringAlly
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 5. May 20, 04:29

Re: Weapons/anything guide?

Post by AspiringAlly » Thu, 21. May 20, 01:51

DeadlyDa wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 09:22
You've probably already seen this, but the Wiki has all the basic stats for weapons, turrets, missiles, ships, etc...

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +Wiki+Home

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I've found it very useful.
You’re correct. I’ve seen it. It is helpful. It’s not what I was looking for

ianrobo75
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon, 13. Aug 07, 11:47
x4

Re: Weapons/anything guide?

Post by ianrobo75 » Sat, 23. May 20, 12:24

if you mean the X3 compendium [of mine] then I was considering doing an X4 version, if there was enough interest. It would be good to suck the raw data from the files if someone could point me in the right direction. I like all my data in one spreadsheet with all the filtering that provides.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

AspiringAlly
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 5. May 20, 04:29

Re: Weapons/anything guide?

Post by AspiringAlly » Mon, 25. May 20, 00:00

ianrobo75 wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 12:24
if you mean the X3 compendium [of mine] then I was considering doing an X4 version, if there was enough interest. It would be good to suck the raw data from the files if someone could point me in the right direction. I like all my data in one spreadsheet with all the filtering that provides.

Yes!
On checking, I was conflating two of the main X3sources I had used at the time. One was a collection of guides by one “apricotslice”, and I must have thought yours was a part of that. I remember using it distinctly at the same time

I’d purchased X3:TC even though I’d never played anything like it. Strangely for me, I kept trying and trying to get into the game even though I found it impenetrable. I could tell it had something special I wanted to get at, I suppose (tho not consciously).

Guides like yours with all the data, along with the text-based guides waking through all those lovely, esoteric systems, they were what got me thru.
I ended up playing X3 for nearly 400 hours.
So, thanks for that.

Idk how to help. Digging into files has never been more than a passing dalliance of mine, not much more than getting more complicated mods to work properly in games and the like.

I’d love to see it if you do decide to put it out there, though.

Cheers

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”