Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
Posts: 4656
Joined: Sat, 10. Nov 12, 18:55
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by pref » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 02:55

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:47
it is not even completed, and not just 1 minute, several minutes at a time - could be mistaken for a complete lock up but leave it long enough and it does seem to recover eventually.
Weird. I'm halfway through building, get some freezes - but a couple seconds only.
Maybe it matters how many other station modules you have, or don't know why the huge difference. Or maybe it grows exponentially with module count.
Or maybe it can grow several minutes if small quick to build modules are coming right after eachother in the build que and their delay overlaps.

I needed 61 L habs, judging from that i should get worse lags, but i never placed too many connector modules after each other except for a few cases - but those were at the beginning of the build when there were no freezes at all.

shealladh
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:29
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by shealladh » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 08:52

pref wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 15:53
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 20:14
it is located in Nopileos Fortune above the elliptic and roughly centred relative to the gates/accelerators there.
I build mine at the same place, wish there was a xenon hub like sector to conquer which connects better to crowded areas - but nopileos is fine as well.


Image



Image
They look cool, more like fractals.
Have you got an actual screenie from the rendered version.

Think it comes down to good design principles and watching how the AI etc flow in/out of the station

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 12:11

You are artists.
My "Imperial Refinery", that has a single production module for each primary refined resource, is a messy (but functional) pile of bricks (that I won't show you for now - even if it might be a good laugh).
With a Paranid Administration Center, which gives me the property of Nopileos Fortune II.

Fame
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 16. Aug 06, 22:58
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Fame » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 12:58

Kudos to everyones "building plan" ... they do look Awesome !

Ps: SInce im poor and still trying to figure basic stuff out im not showing mine. They do look simple compared to what has been showed :)
Its a problem if you don´t have any problems.

User avatar
Baconnaise
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat, 23. Nov 13, 16:50
xr

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 16:10

Yea the lag is why I switched to smaller stations. Eventually building more stations causes the same thing :lol: . Hopefully they fine tune things some more.

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 00:28

And here it is, my super simple refinery in Nopileos Fortune II!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1653914076

User avatar
Roger L.S. Griffiths
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri, 12. Mar 04, 20:47
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Roger L.S. Griffiths » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 02:47

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 00:28
And here it is, my super simple refinery in Nopileos Fortune II!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1653914076
Nice! simple and clean but functional.

A nice example of a mixed race complex - it looks like you are using Paranid modules for Habitation/Administration.
Roger (aka [SRK] Mr^Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 09:54

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 02:47
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 00:28
And here it is, my super simple refinery in Nopileos Fortune II!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1653914076
Nice! simple and clean but functional.

A nice example of a mixed race complex - it looks like you are using Paranid modules for Habitation/Administration.
Thank you :)
I'm using Paranid Administration and Argon habitation (3x medium sized, even if 2x medium +1x small host enough workforce) because those are the only ones I have at the moment.

User avatar
Roger L.S. Griffiths
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri, 12. Mar 04, 20:47
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Roger L.S. Griffiths » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 10:09

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 09:54
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 02:47
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 00:28
And here it is, my super simple refinery in Nopileos Fortune II!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1653914076
Nice! simple and clean but functional.

A nice example of a mixed race complex - it looks like you are using Paranid modules for Habitation/Administration.
Thank you :)
I'm using Paranid Administration and Argon habitation (3x medium sized, even if 2x medium +1x small host enough workforce) because those are the only ones I have at the moment.
YVW :)

I mistook your Argon habitation tower chain for a Paranid module - stupid mistake on my part, I normally separate my habitation towers with connector modules so suffered perception error due to my assumptions. Paranid and Teladi habitation modules do not appear to be stackable by the way (unlike Argon habitation modules), but not got all the Teladi/Paranid habitation module plans yet. I do have a Teladi S Habitation module but that is it - a single end of stack mushroom module.
Roger (aka [SRK] Mr^Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

pref
Posts: 4656
Joined: Sat, 10. Nov 12, 18:55
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by pref » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:36

shealladh wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 08:52
They look cool, more like fractals.
Have you got an actual screenie from the rendered version.
Thanks :)
The build process is finished soon, i will make a thread for the screens.

But good news - fps in sector was 50-70 for me at about 50-60km from the station. The whole thing was in view, but from a distance it does not hurt performance at all it seems. There were about 10 prod modules and a couple M docks missing so i don't expect it to get much worse.

Surprised, i thought this would render the sector useless.

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:58

pref wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:36
shealladh wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 08:52
They look cool, more like fractals.
Have you got an actual screenie from the rendered version.
Thanks :)
The build process is finished soon, i will make a thread for the screens.

But good news - fps in sector was 50-70 for me at about 50-60km from the station. The whole thing was in view, but from a distance it does not hurt performance at all it seems. There were about 10 prod modules and a couple M docks missing so i don't expect it to get much worse.

Surprised, i thought this would render the sector useless.
Perhaps the real issues begin when civilian traffic is rendered. Just my assumption, though.

User avatar
Roger L.S. Griffiths
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri, 12. Mar 04, 20:47
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Roger L.S. Griffiths » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 22:18

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:58
pref wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:36
shealladh wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 08:52
They look cool, more like fractals.
Have you got an actual screenie from the rendered version.
Thanks :)
The build process is finished soon, i will make a thread for the screens.

But good news - fps in sector was 50-70 for me at about 50-60km from the station. The whole thing was in view, but from a distance it does not hurt performance at all it seems. There were about 10 prod modules and a couple M docks missing so i don't expect it to get much worse.

Surprised, i thought this would render the sector useless.
Perhaps the real issues begin when civilian traffic is rendered. Just my assumption, though.
There were known performance issues relating to civilian traffic and X-Rebirth, it would not be surprising if that was also at least part of the issue.
Roger (aka [SRK] Mr^Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:56

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 22:18
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:58
pref wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:36


Thanks :)
The build process is finished soon, i will make a thread for the screens.

But good news - fps in sector was 50-70 for me at about 50-60km from the station. The whole thing was in view, but from a distance it does not hurt performance at all it seems. There were about 10 prod modules and a couple M docks missing so i don't expect it to get much worse.

Surprised, i thought this would render the sector useless.
Perhaps the real issues begin when civilian traffic is rendered. Just my assumption, though.
There were known performance issues relating to civilian traffic and X-Rebirth, it would not be surprising if that was also at least part of the issue.
It's nice to see civilians, but it's problematic for performance.
One "slider" I'd like in game settings is to lower civilian traffic, that is the only "useless" thing for the game economy. Nice for immersion, but not "really needed" for gameplay.

User avatar
Roger L.S. Griffiths
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri, 12. Mar 04, 20:47
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by Roger L.S. Griffiths » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 10:12

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:56
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 22:18
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:58


Perhaps the real issues begin when civilian traffic is rendered. Just my assumption, though.
There were known performance issues relating to civilian traffic and X-Rebirth, it would not be surprising if that was also at least part of the issue.
It's nice to see civilians, but it's problematic for performance.
One "slider" I'd like in game settings is to lower civilian traffic, that is the only "useless" thing for the game economy. Nice for immersion, but not "really needed" for gameplay.
I believe the civilian traffic is not as useless as you are implying, if I am not mistaken while they may not directly transport wares but I gather their flow does have an effect on station performance and the economy.

That being said, there was at least one mod for X-Rebirth that allowed reconfiguration of mass traffic. Given X4 is using the same engine, it could probably be adapted for X4.
Roger (aka [SRK] Mr^Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Station Designs (Build Plans & Screenshots)

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 10:34

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 10:12
I believe the civilian traffic is not as useless as you are implying, if I am not mistaken while they may not directly transport wares but I gather their flow does have an effect on station performance and the economy.
Really? I didn't know that. I assumed traffic was just "visual".
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 10:12
That being said, there was at least one mod for X-Rebirth that allowed reconfiguration of mass traffic. Given X4 is using the same engine, it could probably be adapted for X4.
I don't want to mod it yet and, at the moment, I rarely experience performance issues even with my medieval machine. Egosoft did a great job on optimization, imho.

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”