Best S & M ships

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Re: Best S & M ships

Post by foxxbl » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:24

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 20:05
P.S. Where do I find ALI faction and their shipyard?
Trinity Sanctum VII as Euclid wrote few posts up, NW of the gate..
The interesting thing about that ALI Wharf is (unless it is standard in all wharfs and I haven't noticed it), that it gives me to modify the current ship with all faction modifications (Argon, Teladi, Paranid).
Also it sells S fighters from all races.. Argon, Teladi and Paranid ;)
Last edited by foxxbl on Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
X3AP: Super-Magnate / Crusader
X:Rebirth: Countless hours of play time...
X4:Foundations: Finally!!!

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:29

Munimentum wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 15:10
euclid wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 22:50
Hi foxxbl :-)

For S class ships:
Nodan for max speed, 900+ m/s but only 2 weapons.
Pulsar for max firepower, 6 weapons, if you configure them 3,3,... then you can fire continuously by circling through the configurations.

For M class ships;
Osprey for the best turret distribution, switch them all on attack and visit a Xenon system :D
Nemesis for max front (manual) weapons, disadvantage: no S dock.

Cheers Euclid
Which Nodan model has the 900m/s speed? I'm at the Wharf in Trinity VII but the fastest Nodan there is the Vanguard which is 405 max.
Correct, Nodan has not 900+ speed in my game also.
For now, Paranid Pegasus Vanguard is still the fastest S ship with 532m/s.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:38

Wou wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 18:54
Is it really that "mighty"?
4 guns are cool, but the hull strength is rather worrying.
Eclipse Vanguard from Argon prime has 4 weapon slots as well but more than twice the hull
To correct you, Pulsar has 6 gun mounts..
But yeah, you are correct, Eclipse Vanguard looks like a better (maybe best) Heavy Fighter, it has twice the hull and twice the shields (2 shield generators), and 4 gun mounts...

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 03:34

foxxbl wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:29
Munimentum wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 15:10
euclid wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 22:50
Hi foxxbl :-)

For S class ships:
Nodan for max speed, 900+ m/s but only 2 weapons.
Pulsar for max firepower, 6 weapons, if you configure them 3,3,... then you can fire continuously by circling through the configurations.

For M class ships;
Osprey for the best turret distribution, switch them all on attack and visit a Xenon system :D
Nemesis for max front (manual) weapons, disadvantage: no S dock.

Cheers Euclid
Which Nodan model has the 900m/s speed? I'm at the Wharf in Trinity VII but the fastest Nodan there is the Vanguard which is 405 max.
Correct, Nodan has not 900+ speed in my game also.
For now, Paranid Pegasus Vanguard is still the fastest S ship with 532m/s.
Aye, it was re-balanced. Max speed is now Pegasus. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 18:43

foxxbl wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:24
mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 20:05
P.S. Where do I find ALI faction and their shipyard?
Trinity Sanctum VII as Euclid wrote few posts up, NW of the gate..
The interesting thing about that ALI Wharf is (unless it is standard in all wharfs and I haven't noticed it), that it gives me to modify the current ship with all faction modifications (Argon, Teladi, Paranid).
Also it sells S fighters from all races.. Argon, Teladi and Paranid ;)

Where is the ALI Wharf I only found ALI Shipyards which only sell Mammoth/construction ship.

Ghostar
x4

Post by Ghostar » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 22:50

What about the bombers / like bombers M ship? did not any tried them?
Im interested in the Argon one.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 23:10

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 18:43
Where is the ALI Wharf I only found ALI Shipyards which only sell Mammoth/construction ship.
Trinity Sanctrum VII, top left.

XUniCez
x4

Post by XUniCez » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 10:04

Has anyone compared Nemesis Vanguard to the Nemesis Sentinel.
Same class M Corvette but the Sentinel is more expensive and has more storage and hull but less crew. (no loadout chosen since i dont have the rank to check both models)
One of these is gonna be my 'Skunk' type ship ill fly around with.
I'm aiming for the Sentinel since it has more hull but if the Vanguard is more mobile when fully loaded/maxed, that might change my mind.
Thanks!

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:24

I have a maybe silly question, what exactly is the point/special "thing" of bombers?

Yeah, Minotaur has 2 forward slots that I can put torpedo launchers in. So does Cerberus. Or Discovery for that matter.

Baconnaise
xr

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:00

Wou wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:24
I have a maybe silly question, what exactly is the point/special "thing" of bombers?

Yeah, Minotaur has 2 forward slots that I can put torpedo launchers in. So does Cerberus. Or Discovery for that matter.
Bombers or Torp boats are the best dogfighters in the game typically. No joke. They say bomber likely because Ego expects you to kit torps usually. Those are great for taking down anything larger than a fighter such as M/L/XL. They'll also one shot a fighter and other ships. Smart Heavy Missiles are also quite powerful. Anyhoo best dogfighter in the game is Paranid Nemesis Vanguard M class bomber. It has the best kit period. Teladi shields are the best so remember that. Paranid Engines are the best too. Remember that when fitting it out. Speed and Shields (boost) are what it's about in this game. Cap ships suck currently due to the current implementation of shield regen/boost besides being underpowered bricks (not enough oomph + turrets are meh).

TheShear
x4

Post by TheShear » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:08

Actually it seems Teladi shields recharge slower according to reddit and the Paranid Engines have some kind of disadvante too (maybe acceleration). Also just a nitpick but the Nemesis is a Corvette and not a Bomber (as stated in it's info) which I guess is the ship type closer to a fighter. I do agree that it's beyound awesome though and my to go playership.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:20

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:00
Bombers or Torp boats are the best dogfighters in the game typically. No joke. They say bomber likely because Ego expects you to kit torps usually.
Fine. But if I wanted a torpedo based ship why would I ever go with Minotaur over Cerberus which has more HP and better speed with the same weapon slots?
Is there a single advantage making bombers not just weaker frigates?

TheShear
x4

Post by TheShear » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 15:12

Advantages of Bombers are:
1: Better Turning
2. Lower Price
3. Less mass so faster acceleration and Travel Mode.

And the Nemesis Corvette will outmatch all of them anyway, 5 Front Guns doing the increased M Size damage and the agility/speed of a heavy fighter make short work of most ships.
Honestly though their roles are just different. Frigates are pretty much baby carriers and flying a Cerberus and watching the drones start is awesome.

Baconnaise
xr

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:07

TheShear wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:08
Actually it seems Teladi shields recharge slower according to reddit and the Paranid Engines have some kind of disadvante too (maybe acceleration). Also just a nitpick but the Nemesis is a Corvette and not a Bomber (as stated in it's info) which I guess is the ship type closer to a fighter. I do agree that it's beyound awesome though and my to go playership.
Teladi shields have more HP. Regen doesn't matter in the game/combat atm due to how it works in vanilla without mods. Any touch to shields prevents regen for a set time which is one of the primary reasons anything bigger than M class is a joke. Swarms of M/S are cheap and overpowered atm. This is completely different than say X-Rebirth. Boost was still tied to shields but you could choose larger slower regen shields or a smaller faster regen one. Shield regen was also not as limited in combat with the timeout either if I recall. If Ego or a mod alters the regen similar to X-Rebirth then things would be slightly different.
Wou wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:20
Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:00
Bombers or Torp boats are the best dogfighters in the game typically. No joke. They say bomber likely because Ego expects you to kit torps usually.
Fine. But if I wanted a torpedo based ship why would I ever go with Minotaur over Cerberus which has more HP and better speed with the same weapon slots?
Is there a single advantage making bombers not just weaker frigates?
I wouldn't use either personally. In your case, though the Mino does seems pointless. Those two ships are questionable since they both rely on turrets and aren't really good dogfighters. No clue why the Mino is even classified as a bomber since it has only two fixed mounts. One would think 3 being the minimum at the least. Cerb seems to fit it's role to a degree as someone said earlier a small carrier of sorts.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:06

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:07
I wouldn't use either personally. In your case, though the Mino does seems pointless. Those two ships are questionable since they both rely on turrets and aren't really good dogfighters. No clue why the Mino is even classified as a bomber since it has only two fixed mounts. One would think 3 being the minimum at the least. Cerb seems to fit it's role to a degree as someone said earlier a small carrier of sorts.
I don't plan on using one either, I'm just curious what's that bomber thing all about and used Argon ones as a example.

So as for now it seems that there's nothing that would make bombers any more bomber-y than any other ship, they are just shittier frigates.
Or maybe there is some hidden quirk that's not written anywhere, wouldn't be that surprising.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”