VRO Question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darth Simba
x4

VRO Question

Post by Darth Simba » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 08:31

I started my game on vanilla with a few QoL mods and then once I got in to it, I decided to install VRO and the ships and weapons mods to go with it. The problem for me is all these new weapons make it very difficult to choose a good loadout for my fleet. I tried to remove the mod, but then it won't let me load my save. Is there anyway I can remove VRO and all its supporting mods, without having to start from scratch?

Rothank
x4

Re: VRO Question

Post by Rothank » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 21:20

The very first message in VRO Wiki explains how you should never enable VRO on ongoing save and, by extension, you cannot remove it either. Unfortunately, your save is now bricked in two different ways. You can still play it with VRO, but by enabling it on a previously vanilla save you introduced (literally) thousands of bugs and missing macros.

Just pick whether you want VRO or not and start a new save.
Image Image

Darth Simba
x4

Post by Darth Simba » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 07:46

Rothank wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 24, 21:20
The very first message in VRO Wiki explains how you should never enable VRO on ongoing save and, by extension, you cannot remove it either. Unfortunately, your save is now bricked in two different ways. You can still play it with VRO, but by enabling it on a previously vanilla save you introduced (literally) thousands of bugs and missing macros.

My save still works and I am able to play it. I was just wondering if I could remove it. But thanks for your answer to my question.

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 16:34

Darth Simba wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 07:46
Rothank wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 24, 21:20

My save still works and I am able to play it. I was just wondering if I could remove it. But thanks for your answer to my question.
At the very least, all ships that were spawned before you enabled VRO for the first time do not have Internal Generators, leaving them severely underpowered. None of the ships will have High Energy weapons equipped, making them even weaker. There will also be missing jobs. So yes, while you are able to load the game - it does not work as intended.
Image Image

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”