EgosoftBlenderModTools_v0.6.5 addon won't enable in Blender 3.5、3.6、4.0[Resolved]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rsega8213
x4

EgosoftBlenderModTools_v0.6.5 addon won't enable in Blender 3.5、3.6、4.0[Resolved]

Post by rsega8213 » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 18:26

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 369, in enable
mod.register()
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\ego_tools\__init__.py", line 99, in register
register_class(EgoPartPanel)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\ego_tools\panels\ego_tags_panel.py", line 254, in register
doc = xml.dom.minidom.parse(tmpPath+'Blender_Properties.xml')
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\python\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1990, in parse
return expatbuilder.parse(file)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\python\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 910, in parse
with open(file, 'rb') as fp:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Sega.R\\Documents\\Blender\\Blender_Properties.xml'

This is the second try to enable the addon
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 369, in enable
mod.register()
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\ego_tools\__init__.py", line 90, in register
register_class(OBJECT_OT_add_egoSubtypeProperty)
ValueError: register_class(...): already registered as a subclass 'OBJECT_OT_add_egoSubtypeProperty'

why why why?? I try it on blender 4.0 3.5 3.6
they are all can't work!
Last edited by rsega8213 on Sun, 17. Mar 24, 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

chew-ie
x4

Re: EgosoftBlenderModTools_v0.6.5 addon won't enable in Blender 3.6

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 19:11

I'd start with resolving this error:

Code: Select all

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Sega.R\\Documents\\Blender\\Blender_Properties.xml'
Something is suspecting said file in said path - so it should be there.

Also, from the post here at the modding forums the modding tools are released and tested for Blender 3.5. So before anything else I'd try to use exactly that version of Blender, and no other.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

rsega8213
x4

Post by rsega8213 » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 19:32

this file is in there.
and I was try to enable addon in blender 3.5.
why why why?? I try it on blender 4.0 3.5 3.6
they are all can't work!

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 19:40

rsega8213 wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 24, 19:32
this file is in there.
and I was try to enable addon in blender 3.5.
Obviously the file isn't "there" for Blender. So time to check the permissions etc. Python (the script language used by Blender) cannot access that file. That's what your posted error log yells about.

I can't help beyond that as I'm only a programmer but never have used said tools provided by Egosoft.

What's also very odd to me - why is your Blender installation managed by Steam (it is in the SteamLibrary path)? Have you installed Blender 3.5 from the official sources? https://www.blender.org/download/releases/3-5/

edit: Okay, got it - Blender Foundation is distributing their releases via Steam as well. What an odd thing to do... o,O

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

rsega8213
x4

Post by rsega8213 » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 19:51

THX for you reply
I'm not a programmer ,just a player. I try to do a modder.
about
Have you installed Blender 3.5 from the official sources
I don't find Blender3.5 on official sources. it update to 4.0 now.
about why install Blender in steam , just for ease of management only.

This issue has been bothering me for several days, and I couldn't find any relevant solutions in the forums. I'm about to go crazy from the frustration
I am not a programmer nor a 3D designer; I am just a beginner who has started getting into modding. I have spent quite a bit of time learning and trying to solve problems. However, this particular issue is beyond my current capabilities, so I am turning to the forum for help.

rsega8213
x4

Post by rsega8213 » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 20:07

I have asked other developers around me, and most of them use Blender version 3.6, which supports this add-on very well, but they have not encountered my issue. I have also seen others on the forum posting similar information, but the software versions they use are higher than mine. Moreover, the official statement clearly states that version 4.0 is not supported. However, there are indeed people around me who use version 3.6 for development. I have tried installing the official version 3.5 and encountered the same issue.

rsega8213
x4

Re: EgosoftBlenderModTools_v0.6.5 addon won't enable in Blender 3.5、3.6、4.0

Post by rsega8213 » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 16:40

Through reinstalling the operating system, I have identified where the issue lies. It is essential to ensure that the path to the "My Documents" folder is in the C drive, as the egosfto tools plugin can only correctly recognize it in Blender. The version of Blender I used for this test is 3.6.9, and all functions are working normally.

rsega8213
x4

Re: EgosoftBlenderModTools_v0.6.5 addon won't enable in Blender 3.5、3.6、4.0

Post by rsega8213 » Sun, 17. Mar 24, 16:44

If the specified path of my "My Documents" folder is outside the C drive, the add-on will be unable to recognize this path, leading to an error.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”