[Mod request] Discussions with npc

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Folker
x4

[Mod request] Discussions with npc

Post by Folker » Sun, 28. May 23, 10:35

I find the way the player interacts with the npc is very limited, I find compared to XR that it makes the universe more bland, not alive.

I don't know about you, but I'd really like a dialogue system with the npc to obtain fly caviar, or seminars, or data chest locations. Thanks to Kuertee, he's already done that for data chests, anomalies and crates. What I find missing is just the way we used to chat in XR with the cursor, and the npc would respond according to our score. Make a real dialogue in X4

iniochos
x4

Re: [Mod request] Discussions with npc

Post by iniochos » Mon, 29. May 23, 20:05

I second that.
This feature is still missing.
More to that, the trading "office" should be a crowded place where people chat.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 29. May 23, 20:28

Folker wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 10:35
I find the way the player interacts with the npc is very limited, I find compared to XR that it makes the universe more bland, not alive.

I don't know about you, but I'd really like a dialogue system with the npc to obtain fly caviar, or seminars, or data chest locations. Thanks to Kuertee, he's already done that for data chests, anomalies and crates. What I find missing is just the way we used to chat in XR with the cursor, and the npc would respond according to our score. Make a real dialogue in X4
Are you joking? That was one of the least favorite things about X Rebirth (the dialogue wheel, not more things to talk about)

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 29. May 23, 21:43

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 20:28
Are you joking? That was one of the least favorite things about X Rebirth (the dialogue wheel, not more things to talk about)
No, I'm not kidding, but I didn't think the players hated it.

There must be a way to rebalance it then. To make the cursor easier, or to replace it, with a little mental calculation or else the npc asks questions about races or factions, for example the earthlings would ask about the yakis or the segaris pioneers. Or even questions about the X trilogy or something else, 3 possible choices of discussion for example. I've got lots of ideas on how to bring the discussion to the npc.

But unlike XRebirth, it should be optional to discuss, not to have seminars for example.

The idea is to gain reputation, the coordinates of certain data chests, and if the discussion goes really well, the coordinates of an abandoned ship (or one that has just been spawned by a script) or to have a schematic or ask to increase reputation by 2 points for faction of the player's choice.

Discussions would be optional, but would still yield interesting results for those involved. At the same time, it would make the game more lively.

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 15:08

to help a bit... if someone who has played Mass Effect 3 knows about NPC chatting.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 11. Jun 23, 10:20

iniochos wrote:
Fri, 2. Jun 23, 15:08
to help a bit... if someone who has played Mass Effect 3 knows about NPC chatting.
Thanks you for your proposition. I played at mass effect 2, 3 and andromeda so, I know that the dialogue are scripted like this mod proposition.
But I don"t think is the same langage of programmation.

That I want, is anyone explain to me how to make this mod and I make this. Or I give my ideas in collaboration with modder and create an common mod, he with this knowledge in modding in X4 and me I assist him for modding and give new ideas that could be debated.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”