SPL S Combat Engine Mk4?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Outliver
x4

SPL S Combat Engine Mk4?

Post by Outliver » Fri, 19. May 23, 18:16

What's up with the "SPL S Combat Engine Mk4" (engine_spl_s_combat_01_mk4_macro)?

There is a ware and an engine macro (/split/assets/props/Engines/macros/engine_spl_s_combat_01_mk4_macro.xml), but there seems to be no such file as /split/assets/props/Engines/engine_spl_s_combat_01_mk4.xml .

The engine shows up in the encyclopedia on the ship detail pages in the max speed calculation. I think, I also saw it in an Equipment dock.

Without that file, how do you get the engine's type, size and tags?

sprIder
x4

Re: SPL S Combat Engine Mk4?

Post by sprIder » Fri, 19. May 23, 19:01

You can find the answer in the macro (extensions\ego_dlc_split\assets\props\Engines\macros\engine_spl_s_combat_01_mk4_macro.xml).
It is the "component" you are looking for.
The component is the "engine_spl_s_combat_01_mk3" (line 5). Egosoft reuses the model of the mk3 engine. The same goes for the engine_spl_m_combat_01_mk4_macro which uses the engine_spl_m_combat_01_mk3 model/component.

Outliver
x4

Post by Outliver » Fri, 19. May 23, 20:18

awesome, that's it, thanks!

Outliver
x4

Post by Outliver » Sat, 20. May 23, 18:51

ok, there is still one single engine left I can't find a component for. There's also no ware for it:
engine_bor_l_allround_01_mk1_macro -> engine_bor_l_allround_01_mk1

There is, however, an engine "engine_bor_l_travel_01_mk1_macro" that is named "BOR L All-round Engine Mk1" (notice that it says "travel" in the macro id, but "All-round" in the name).

So, is the "engine_bor_l_allround_01_mk1_macro" just broken/remnant data that I can ignore?

Thanks!

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Sun, 21. May 23, 08:43

Tests, remnants, someone forgot to remove it, it doesn't really matter, what you have to take into account is the 'wares.xml' file, where everything used in the game is defined. If you remove 'engine_bor_l_travel_01_mk1' from 'wares', the engine will not be considered for in-game use, even if the component and macro are present in 'assets'. It doesn't really help that the name contains 'travel', but that doesn't matter either, if it's defined as 'All-round', it's 'All-round', they're just numbers after all, although a bit of order doesn't it would be wrong.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”