How can I fully remove all mods?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Brinnie
x3tc

How can I fully remove all mods?

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 11. May 23, 16:14

I am experiencing something odd, it seems the ship I am piloting is invulnerable, it takes damage to shields and hull but when they go down to 0, it either takes no more damage or the game teleports my ship somewhere safe. As explained here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=454425

Assuming that it is due to a mod I have installed I have removed all of them by clearing the extension folder, for testing purposes, that didn't make any difference.
CBJ from Egosoft explained to me, if I understood correctly, that just removing the mods would not be enough to totally clear them out of the game.

So I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to clear the save off all mods, so that I can try and reinstall them one by one to see if I can figure out which is causing this or if it has nothing to do with mods.

Also as I installed the game a while back, it is possible I have added some custom contents somewhere else. I am suggesting that maybe before more recent patches to the game, things where added elsewhere. If that is a possibility where should I be looking for custom content beside the extension folder?

Thanks

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: How can I fully remove all mods?

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 11. May 23, 18:21

If the mod has modified an object, such as making it invulnerable, there's not really much to be done without having something make it vulnerable again. It could be done with directly modifying the savegame or creating a new mod with a script to repair it. Depends on what exactly has been done, but I imagine there will be some changes that are practically impossible to notice.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 11. May 23, 18:45

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 18:21
If the mod has modified an object, such as making it invulnerable, there's not really much to be done without having something make it vulnerable again...
If that has happened is not an intended effect, it would have to be classed as a bug introduced by the mod. I have several installed but none for that kind of purporse (invinsibility, buffying, etc.) , they are all to do with User Interface, Hotkeys, Hud and clutter management.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 12. May 23, 17:36

Run debug and turn off each mod one by one and test on it. You can start a new save and try to replicate the issue as well. Use that save to see what is causing the issue. If the issue is resolved in a new save then decide to trash it or attempt to fix. Try that cheat menu mod perhaps to give yourself invulnerability and then turn it off. Might fix your save. I'd likely leave it installed and choose to ignore it and continue on if it solves anything just in case it happens again.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 12. May 23, 20:42

Thanks Baconnaise.

The problem has been solved, it was not due to a mod but it was linked to the ships, so I saved myself a lot of work. I thank Casishur for that, having provided me with the following info:

viewtopic.php?p=5185339#p5185339

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”