basic instruction on modding satellites

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ColManiac
x4

basic instruction on modding satellites

Post by ColManiac » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 07:42

Hi, I have a very basic knowledge of modding, I know how to unpack and repack files, also modded X3 rebirth with the many bugs it had with cap ships not repairing I could edit the file to repair the ship.

I have quite a few mods im running, but I would like to alter a mod I have for satellites so I can increase their range. Mod in question is the steam mod Satellit Mk3 / Mk4 - Resource Probe Mk 2/3/4.
Thanks

Realspace
x4

Re: basic instruction on modding satellites

Post by Realspace » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 21:43

As far as I could mod them, they are hardcoded in a kind of dynamic range. Even if you set them to very high values, the engine automatically reduces their range probably to avoid a slowdown due to too many ships shown on map.
But if you want to try it, just do a simple mod by creating a YOURMOD\assets\props\Equipment\Satelite\macros\eq_arg_satellite_01_macro and eq_arg_satellite_02_macro
with the following code.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff> 
  <replace sel="//macros/macro/properties/radar/@range">whatevervalueyouwant</replace>
</diff>
values are in meters so f.i. 250000000 is 250km (what I use in my XRSGE mod)

sprIder
x4

Re: basic instruction on modding satellites

Post by sprIder » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 11:04

In this case, however, I think ColManiac wants to change the satellites from the mod "Satellit Mk3 / Mk4 - Resource Probe Mk 2/3/4".
Then the folder path for your own mod is different:
YOURMOD\extensions\satellite2_plus\assets\props\Equipment\Satelite\macros\
here are four macros, which define the satellites and which you want to change: eq_arg_satellite_01_macro ; eq_arg_satellite_02_macro : eq_arg_satellite_03_sm_macro and eq_arg_satellite_04_sm_macro

You create a xml file with the same name as these macros. And then you insert the code from Realspace.

And and you need a line in your "content.xml" between the content tags, which sets the dependency on that specific steam mod:

Code: Select all

<dependency name="Satellit Mk3 / Mk4 -Ressourcen-Sonde Mk 2/3/4" id="ws_2619423285" optional="false"/>

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”