Multiple playthroughs/runs

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nostrogo
x4

Multiple playthroughs/runs

Post by Nostrogo » Mon, 20. Feb 23, 18:12

Hello,

I am not sure this is the right place to post this (this is not about a mod altering the content of the game) but it is making more sense here then elsewhere so here i go.

With the following boron extension, i am hyped to the point that i want to re-start the game with a Boron start ! :D
But i do not want to erase any of my precious saves (so much time invested) ! :arrow: So i decided to create a little program to manage my saves.
It does not modify the game saves but it transform the game save folder into a symbolic link that redirect to the save folder of my choice.

If anyone is interested, it is available at https://github.com/Nostrogo/X4Playthroughs both with binary (zip release file) and source code (so you can compile it if you don't trust the binary file)

It is a windows program, require admin right to run (symbolic link on windows require admin privileges) and require to deactivate Steam Cloud (so it does not restore old saves over a new playthrough/run).
Of course it is still a work in progress and an excuse for me to work on my C++ a little so, please be understanding. If you have any trouble with it or have any question, i'll be happy to help.

See you all in Kingdom End pretty soon 8)

Nostrogo

PS: if you are still interested, please back up you save files before trying anything. It should be fine but i tested it only on my machine...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”