[MOD][WIP] TerraCorp Advanced Ship Equipment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sir Squallus
x4

[MOD][WIP] TerraCorp Advanced Ship Equipment

Post by Sir Squallus » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 05:06

Hello,

after over a year of taking a break, I finally started working on my equipment mod again.

The idea behind it is to create some seriously powerful MK4 Terran Equipment. According to all lore I know, Earth has the most advanced technology of all the races, except the gate builders, of course.
To give it at least some balance I intend to make the equipment extremely expensive, this is not reflected in the current version of the mod.

Regarding price, I'm thinking of at least 3 times the price for an MK4 compared to MK3, but in some cases, I think going up to 10x might be reasonable. I encourage a discussion about the values and prices.

Included in this first working version is the MK4 S shield with a 3500 max charge and the MK4 M Shield with a 25500 max charge.
The shields can be bought at Pioneer and Terran docks with military licenses

Feedback is encouraged greatly since I don't want this mod to mutch cheaty.

What is in the pipeline?

Well, my minimum goal is to provide at least 1 more shield for L and XL additionally. Maybe even versions with another mix between charge and recharge rate. Like fast-charging light shields or slow-charging mega shields for freighters.
Furthermore, I intend to add engines of a higher class.

Last but not least some mix-up in weapons for Terra is in need, also maybe some civilian turret version, with less range and fire rate but maybe more punch, I have to think about this some more.

Before I finish, I have to give thank sprIder and |K.O.S.H., both were essential in helping me overcoming the first hurdles in starting this mod.

Since it's only a, at best Beta, I didn't upload it to NEXUS or the Workshop as of yet, instead, you can download it here on github

This mod is tested in 5.x version and the current 6.0 Beta version of X4Foundations.

valach.stefan
x4

Re: [MOD][WIP] TerraCorp Advanced Ship Equipment

Post by valach.stefan » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 01:06

<t id="2137">(TER S Shield Generator Mk4){20202,703} {20111,5011} {20106,2131} {20111,401}</t>

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”