Game Freezing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DatBoi302

Game Freezing

Post by DatBoi302 » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 02:34

About 600 hours into a save, my games gotten to the point where it freezes after only a few seconds of play. Its never been this bad before and I have no idea what to do, any suggestions, conflicts? Etc...
My mod list: https://imgur.com/a/qyl9wKr

Reisser
x4

Re: Game Freezing

Post by Reisser » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 19:03

Maybe it would have been easier if you had written instead of the picture that you have ALL the mods installed :D

If it's a mod it's going to get hairy. I recently had a similar problem (but only after 7 hours).

Helped:
- thrown out all new / recently installed mods
- Save loaded BEFORE the problems
- testing

But it will be very difficult for you to find the error. In any case, you really have a whole bunch of mods on it that either replace each other, are no longer necessary with the current X4 version, no longer work anyway, or are really very beta.

Honestly, I'm surprised your game even survived 200 hours :o
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 17. Feb 23, 02:14

There's no way around (1) disabling blocks of mods, (2) playing until it crashes, (3) disabling another block of mods, (4) playing for a bit until it crashes, (5) repeating the process until the game doesn't crash.
You should get an idea of which block of mods crashes the game.
Then do the same process again with a smaller number of mods within the block until you pin down which mod is the culprit.

I recommend trying my block of mods first: disable 5 of my mods, play the game, disable another 5, etc.

There was a weird and very rare circumstance in Kuda that stalled the game.
The game would be running (e.g. the music is playing) but everything in the universe has simply stopped - including your controls.
Once you experience it, it'll keep happening about 15 minutes after loading a game.
Only I and one other user have experienced it.
But the current version of Kuda fixes this bug.

And it doesn't look like you have Kuda installed anyway.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

XOSPECTRE

Post by XOSPECTRE » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 23:20

DatBoi302 wrote:
Thu, 16. Feb 23, 02:34
About 600 hours into a save, my games gotten to the point where it freezes after only a few seconds of play. Its never been this bad before and I have no idea what to do, any suggestions, conflicts? Etc...
My mod list: https://imgur.com/a/qyl9wKr
That picture show whats the problem hehe ,, u have more mods than jobs line entries in 08 cat .. i mean nevermind heh

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 07:30

A lot of those mods have a lot of work to do. I've used some of them and had to remove them because of the performance hit.

For example, the mod tradestationsink at specific intervals (5 minutes I think) loops over the entire galaxy building lists of stations, then
depending on your options, will either fill or drain them. After which the list is destroyed until the interval passes.

At 600 hours you probably have a LOT of stations for just this mod to be concerned with. Not to mention the other mods you have which also do their
own thing at specific intervals.

I've been working on modifying tradestationsink to only build the list of stations once and then add / remove stations when they are built or destroyed. But
I don't fully understand how to tell when a station is destroyed. And, lists aren't exactly the easiest things to use when you're removing random items
from somewhere in the middle.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”