XR Ship pack issue

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wargear

XR Ship pack issue

Post by Wargear » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 22:03

Thought I'd take a look at this mostly for the XL Transports and Miners mostly. First off thanks for a great addition and the time spent making it!

Ok, I'm playing a modified game and custom start as an Argon. I went to look at the battleships included at my shipyard and noticed the vast majority do NOT have a main battery and the section in the build menu for weapons is greyed out. So I built a Dreadnought after selecting high preset for grins. Sure enough, no main battery...Thinking perhaps I needed to purchase a blueprint from the Terrans I buzzed over and found as I thought I owned all blueprints available.

I downloaded the mod from Nexus but see the mod is available from Steam and others under a couple different author names ( Max Bain is one used here)
So my question is it a glitch from download location or a conflict with another mod? Any help or comments would be most welcome!
WGI Industries [modified]

Scoob
x4

Re: XR Ship pack issue

Post by Scoob » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 16:30

Many of the added battleships have no main battery by design, relying solely on their turrets. They are often quite a bit more flexible in combat as a result.

Note: there are some with main batteries too. I used both XR Ship Mod (VRO version) and Ship Variety Expansion (VRO version) as well as VRO its self, so I forget which ships are from which mods.

Wargear

Re: XR Ship pack issue

Post by Wargear » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 02:18

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 16:30
Many of the added battleships have no main battery by design, relying solely on their turrets. They are often quite a bit more flexible in combat as a result.
Thanks for the response! Not having played X3RB I have no baseline to compare their load outs. Not a huge deal as I'd said the large miners and transports are my primary interests.
WGI Industries [modified]

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”