Where is the default paint value in save file?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

user1679

Where is the default paint value in save file?

Post by user1679 » Mon, 9. Jan 23, 06:14

I have freeq's paints installed and wanted to use one of the paint mods as the default for my corporation. The paint mods added by freeq's are only sold at
vendors and can't be selected in the default paint section of the corporation GUI.

If I buy "fmatteblack" and install it, I can see that entry by searching for my ship and looking through the values. But for my default paint I selected foundation
blue and I don't see any "default paint" value listed under my corporation at the top of the save file. Where is the value for default paint stored?

Meister_Lampe
x4

Re: Where is the default paint value in save file?

Post by Meister_Lampe » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 14:34

You could try the mod "Convert Paint to Default" (no experience) from Nexus or, if you can use steam workshop, I recommend "More Default Paint" - there is even a "More Default Paint - Freeq's Paintjobs" variant.
I use the "Tech Paintjobs Collection" variant and am very happy with it!

user1679

Re: Where is the default paint value in save file?

Post by user1679 » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 04:19

Meister_Lampe wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 14:34
You could try the mod "Convert Paint to Default" (no experience) from Nexus or, if you can use steam workshop, I recommend "More Default Paint" - there is even a "More Default Paint - Freeq's Paintjobs" variant.
I use the "Tech Paintjobs Collection" variant and am very happy with it!
Thanks for the tips. I don't have the Steam version but the Convert Paint to Default you mentioned looks interesting although it needs to be edited to add freeq's paints (not too difficult). I didn't want to flood the default paint selection with all paintjobs because that seemed too cheaty (I edited my freeq's mod to increase prices) but once I buy a paintjob I like the option to apply it globally.

Edit:

Well it looks as if the Convert Paint to Default mod is missing a CUE section for handling user input. I posted on the mod page but it hasn't been updated in 2 years so it's likely abandoned.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”