[REQUEST] Docked AI Ships stay longer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

altug

[REQUEST] Docked AI Ships stay longer

Post by altug » Fri, 6. Jan 23, 08:57

AI ships almost undock immediately after they docked, which seems bit immersion breaker. Is it possible to make their wait time between two random timers like 1min - 5 mins. Also I have some modding & scripting experience if someone can give directions I may also solve this. Thanks!

PromX
x4

Re: [REQUEST] Docked AI Ships stay longer

Post by PromX » Sat, 7. Jan 23, 11:00

I agree, this is quite jarring if you start paying attention to it

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Mon, 9. Jan 23, 12:42

Ideally, ships should stay long enough to unload their cargo and load any new cargo, just as the player would have to wait.

For non-trade ships, like you said - a random number to simulate the captain/crew having business on the station.
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 9. Jan 23, 17:15

altug wrote:
Fri, 6. Jan 23, 08:57
AI ships almost undock immediately after they docked, which seems bit immersion breaker. Is it possible to make their wait time between two random timers like 1min - 5 mins. Also I have some modding & scripting experience if someone can give directions I may also solve this. Thanks!
I have not tested it myself but you should check the aiscript move.undock.xml line 348:

Code: Select all

<undock ship="$thisship" />
which could be delayed by inserting

Code: Select all

<wait min="60s" max="100s" />
before this line There is another undock command (line 667) but this is for player controlled ships only. In any case I do recommend to be careful with the delay range. It may cause ships to queue waiting for free docking slots.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Keeper1st
x4

Post by Keeper1st » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 01:56

I'm on board. If there's a modder who can throw a quick test together, I'd load it up and see what happens!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”