Can anyone help me find which mod is creating these report nav beacons?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

grapedog
x4

Can anyone help me find which mod is creating these report nav beacons?

Post by grapedog » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 06:58

Dropbox Link

I'm trying to track down what is creating these report nav beacons, they only started appearing a few days ago, but my current save is only like 5 days old. Maybe they're tied to my Alerts? I recently set up two alerts for pirates and xenon, but they're not always matching up with alerts I get. None of my ships are dropping them, so they're being summoned out of the ether. I haven't added any new mods to my play-through recently, and I don't remember seeing any notes on any of my mods about this kind of feature. The two issues I'm running into is in some zones like the one above, I'm getting tons of them, and they have to get picked up... and then sometimes they're spawning WAYYYYYY off the map.... so sending a ship out to collect them takes a LONG time. I'd rather just eliminate/turn off the feature entirely because I'm not sure what useful thing they're doing or why they're doing it so damn often...

Any help would be appreciated if anyone has seen these before, and what mod could be causing them to appear.

edit/add: mystery solved. it's from a bounty hunting mod. I never actually accepted any bounties, but somehow had about 20 bounty missions that were active in my log. Once I abandoned the missions, the nav beacons went away...

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Can anyone help me find which mod is creating these report nav beacons?

Post by kuertee » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 06:08

Yeah, there was a bug in Emergent Missions that auto-accepted any of its Search And Destroy missions on loading a save near a station that offers those missions.
Sorry about that.
The workaround was to save a game away from stations that offer Search And Destroy missions - i.e.: away from defence stations and Faction Representative stations.

I uploaded the fix to Nexusmods last night.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

grapedog
x4

Re: Can anyone help me find which mod is creating these report nav beacons?

Post by grapedog » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 08:17

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 16. Sep 22, 06:08
Yeah, there was a bug in Emergent Missions that auto-accepted any of its Search And Destroy missions on loading a save near a station that offers those missions.
Sorry about that.
The workaround was to save a game away from stations that offer Search And Destroy missions - i.e.: away from defence stations and Faction Representative stations.

I uploaded the fix to Nexusmods last night.
No worries, I just had some of those nav beacons drop WAY out of bounds... like on Y coordinate 20,000km away, doing wonky things to my map.

Glad its been found/fixed, I'll grab the update soon.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”