Questions on a 10x Habitat mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

grapedog
x4

Questions on a 10x Habitat mod

Post by grapedog » Thu, 1. Sep 22, 07:52

So I downloaded a 10x habitat mod, that adjusted habitats in game for the original races(TEL/PAR/ARG), but NOT the DLC races. I started a new custom game playing as SPL again, and the habitats are normal. I didn't realize that the mod only changed the original races. Once I looked into the mod I was only files for the L/M/S for each original race. Looking at the mod, it seems incredibly simple and straightforward... though I've done ZERO modding for any of the X series games.

Argon Hab

This is the Argon L Hab file, which works fine. Super simple it seems. There was also a content.xml file, but that looks like it's just descriptive, and I see no call-outs to any other file, it's just description information I'm thinking for the extensions screen, in different languages.

So, i just made a copy of the ARG L Hab xml, renamed it to SPL instead of ARG, and tried it out.

Spl Hab

That did nothing. I'm sure there is more to it that I don't understand. Some way to point that file to the new DLC races that the original habitat mod didn't have to do. I did find another mod for 10x habitats, but it's adding new blueprints and a bunch of other 10x stuff, which I don't care to do. I'd like to just adjust the current modules to have the increased workforce capacity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: Questions on a 10x Habitat mod

Post by Dj_FRedy » Thu, 1. Sep 22, 10:58

The folder structure of the DLCs is an aspect to take into account in this case for a value modification to work.

Unpack the game and see how the 'xml' files corresponding to the DLCs are distributed. You will need to create the diffs and follow the same folder structure, as with the main files, for the changes to take effect.

If for the main files it is: 'assets\structures\habitat\macros', for the split DLC it is: 'extensions\ego_dlc_split\assets\structures\habitat\macros'.

Once you have made your changes, drop the mod into the 'extensions' folder of the game installation.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 1. Sep 22, 12:59

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Thu, 1. Sep 22, 10:58
The folder structure of the DLCs is an aspect to take into account in this case for a value modification to work.

Unpack the game and see how the 'xml' files corresponding to the DLCs are distributed. You will need to create the diffs and follow the same folder structure, as with the main files, for the changes to take effect.

If for the main files it is: 'assets\structures\habitat\macros', for the split DLC it is: 'extensions\ego_dlc_split\assets\structures\habitat\macros'.

Once you have made your changes, drop the mod into the 'extensions' folder of the game installation.
Ok, this put me on the correct path! I did some trail and error stuff first just based off your post, but I mostly made errors. I ended up finding a terran 10x capacity hab mod, and was able to see exactly what you were talking about with how the folders were set up. Once I snagged that mod and looked at how all the folders were nested, it cleared up what you meant and it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Thu, 1. Sep 22, 14:31

Perhaps for a layman my explanation was a bit vacuous? Anyway, I'm glad the means served a purpose :wink:
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 1. Sep 22, 18:10

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Thu, 1. Sep 22, 14:31
Perhaps for a layman my explanation was a bit vacuous? Anyway, I'm glad the means served a purpose :wink:

No, not vacuous at all. You were pretty spot on. I just didn't know i had to create ANOTHER extensions folder inside the Mod folder inside the extensions folder, then the ego_dlc folder. When you put down in your post the extensions/ego_dlc... i assumed that meant my already existing extensions folder, lol. We live, we learn. Thanks again!

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 2. Sep 22, 19:00

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1irexWP ... sp=sharing

10x variants for prod, habbitats,storage

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”