mod request faction relationships for AI factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

mod request faction relationships for AI factions

Post by Halpog » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 08:26

is anyone able to create a mod where we can set and change faction relations plz ?

i tryed so far everything that i could find regarding this, but nothing is realy whatiam looking for.

Jaskan

Re: mod request faction relationships for AI factions

Post by Jaskan » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 13:40

this works for most factions inside the game, by going to extension options menu
you also get to handle more factions by going to faction rep office, mainly for the minor faction relationships
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2082610148

And for all the factions outside of the game, you can edit you save game file to set relationship for anybody including xenon.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 14:50

thnx, iam using this already, but its not what iam looking for. but thnx anyway

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 15:30

Halpog wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 08:26
is anyone able to create a mod where we can set and change faction relations plz ?

i tryed so far everything that i could find regarding this, but nothing is realy whatiam looking for.
There are already a couple of options to change faction relations, but you are saying they aren't what you are looking for so what exactly are you looking for?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 15:35

Got a whole bunch of scripts (remains of B-testing) but I can't publish them because there is no decent way to trigger them. We (the S&M community) still lack essential trigger commands like "event_keypressed". There are only two ways atm to trigger a script: Either via an event which is meant for other things (like change weapons) or via UI (which is a pain to do). Anyway, if you are up to it then try to create a script yourself with the core being a choice of faction and reputation amount; for example:

Code: Select all

<add_faction_relation faction="faction.argon" otherfaction="faction.player" value="0.01" reason="relationchangereason.killedobject"/>
Note that the value is <=1 and be aware that jumping over reputation stages may cause problems (you may miss invitations to see the representative).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 21:16

@blackrain and euclid
thnx for the feedback and infos

first @euclid , i have no clue what ua re talking about because i have absolutly no idea, knowledge of scripts and stuff ^^ so your advise with the script is definatly well apericated but thrown to a blackhole, that still generate a big ? over my head trying to figure out what u are saying :P

@for blackrain

some months ago there was this mod on nexxus :
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/589 ( it still is on nexxus ) take a look at screenshot prev 11 there u can see what i mean

this mod is nothing else than the now called custom gamestart ... just 1 important stuff he has, that the new released customgamestart from egosoft side, dont have .
when go in this mod to the faction relation page
u can see the relation between your play and the AI factions ....
when u klick now on the player name it opens a dropp down menu where u can choose ANY other faction for example : val selton vs ai factions or teladi vs all factions, or splitt vs all factions and so on

at the newly released custom gamestart from egosoft side, this is NOT possible.

iam looking for a mod that is able to let me do that via the newly released custom gamestart from egosoft because there are more oprtions like plot stages, and so on.
all other mods ive used so far no matter what are adding other stuff to the game, like deadair ... or the ossian raider mod ..and so on.thats what i dont want :)

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 08:58

What you want is "Reactive Factions Retribution" - A continuation of the original Reactive Factions mod. This will serve your purpose for all vanilla factions, with the exception of Khaak and Xenon. It does not work with the Corporations added via "FOCW Corporations" mod. I know this as fact because in my current modded playthrough, I made every single faction turn enemy to me+TER, and ally to eachother. Corpos, Xenon, and Khaak options were either unavailable, or reset. All vanilla factions kept their relations where I edited them to. So all ZYA/FRF/CUB, PIO, ARG/ANT/HAT, HOP/PAR/TRI, TEL/MIN/SCA were all allied with eachother, and -25 with myself and Terran.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 10. Jan 22, 18:03

Manawydn wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 08:58
What you want is "Reactive Factions Retribution" - A continuation of the original Reactive Factions mod. This will serve your purpose for all vanilla factions, with the exception of Khaak and Xenon. It does not work with the Corporations added via "FOCW Corporations" mod. I know this as fact because in my current modded playthrough, I made every single faction turn enemy to me+TER, and ally to eachother. Corpos, Xenon, and Khaak options were either unavailable, or reset. All vanilla factions kept their relations where I edited them to. So all ZYA/FRF/CUB, PIO, ARG/ANT/HAT, HOP/PAR/TRI, TEL/MIN/SCA were all allied with eachother, and -25 with myself and Terran.
ok ill try it out

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 04:04

Halpog wrote:
Mon, 10. Jan 22, 18:03

ok ill try it out
Yo my bad, it was actually Dynamic Wars Altered that could help

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”