Any mods that allow for modifications of Subordinate ship orders?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

grapedog
x4

Any mods that allow for modifications of Subordinate ship orders?

Post by grapedog » Mon, 15. Nov 21, 11:37

There used to be an old mod that allowed you to alter the orders of a station assigned mining or trade ship... but it isn't working anymore. I haven't seen anything else working that does the same thing. For example, I have a station that needs 30k Ore, and 10k Ice. I want to be able to set one miner to only mine the ice, and I want to set the other ships to only mine ore. It also allowed you to mess with the gate distance, so I could make it look for ice in only 1 jump, or up to 5 jumps, my choice to modify it.

So, I'm looking for a mod that allows me to tweak my subordinates again. But I can't find any, and I was hoping maybe someone here knew of where I could find one.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Any mods that allow for modifications of Subordinate ship orders?

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 12:39

In case there aren't any and someone wants to take it on, looks like you'd have to modify the variable paramactive in menu_map.lua, function definition for function menu.displayOrderParam. Would pretty much have to always be true.

Word of warning, though, this'll likely turn into a rabbit hole. Expect behavior conflicts from scripts expecting them to not be alterable.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”