[PROBLEM] Fleet leader and blacklist - Resolved, not a mod issue, just a setting awry.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mystershow
x4

[PROBLEM] Fleet leader and blacklist - Resolved, not a mod issue, just a setting awry.

Post by Mystershow » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 21:56

Hi everyone,

I had an issue in one of my game (modded), hopefully this is the right place.

In my custom start, I'm at war with HOP so I've blacklisted them (travel and activities).

After having completed the dock of the Unknown Station in Exchange I, I've ordered a fleet to dock to it.

They got through "True Sight" continuing into their demise.

I've tried different orders and discover that if I order the subordinates, it's fine but if I order the leader, they all go through "True Sight" from "Second Contact Flashpoint II" instead of "Blacksun".

And once they got through the portal, blackist become void for everyone.

I was unable to recreate the bug in vanilla so far and I think it's more of a mod issue.

So I need help to understand what could cause such an issue.

I was thinking about the pathing, the IA or the player ^^

The most notable mod are DeadAir, Faction Ehancer and Xpan Extended, I use QoL keurtee's mod and VRO but shouldn't have an impact I think.

Mystershow
x4

Re: [PROBLEM] Fleet leader and blacklist

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 08:02

I did try again with fewer mods and a new game.

It's still happening.

The correct way is shown on the map but the leader still decide to go through ennemy sector (blacklisted).

Mystershow
x4

Re: [PROBLEM] Fleet leader and blacklist

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 20:18

I've found the issue.

I've marked "Sector owned by ennemies" in the blacklist.

Thus making the fleet leader only go through an ennemy territory even if the correct path to the destination (which is shown correctly on the map).

What is propably happening is that the ship is unable to plot a course between two points because there are contradictions in the blacklist and the IA choose to ignore the blacklist to plot the fatest way to go to destination.

I've just seen that ANT is now my ennemy and the way from "Grand Echange I" to "Mars" go through ANT territory thus making a contradiction for the blacklist.

The problem is now solved and it has nothing to do with a mod.

Once the problem is understanded, it's quite logic but was a pain to get ^^

If a moderator see this thread, it can be locked and moved to "Technical support".

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [PROBLEM] Fleet leader and blacklist - Not a mod issue, just a setting awry.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 21:18

No need to lock or move it as it not a technical issue either.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”