New Mod Ideas and Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Midnitewolf

New Mod Ideas and Requests

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 23:15

I don't have the skills to mod so all I can do is come up with ideas. Here are some. Don't know if they are even possible.

Friendly Fire Mod - Just a mod that prevents NPC factions reacting to friendly fire based on player relationship. The higher the relationship, the less likely they become hostile.

Neutrality Mod - Just something to prevent NPCs from duking it out at your station be it because they are delivering goods or it is your shipyard/Wharf making ships for two hostile factions.

Station Capture Mod - Allows a player to board a station and capture it much like boarding and capturing a ship.

Property Tax Mod - make it so stations in other factions territories are taxed. NPC stations in your territory pay you and when your in their territory pay them.

Tariffs Mod - Charge/Get Charged a small tariff amount whenever using a gate, Player pays NPCs, NPCs pay players based on who controls the sector.

Anyway, just a few things I would like to see, many of which are geared toward making sector control and conquest more meaningful.

Also feel free to post your own ideas as I think it would be interesting to see what people are interested in seeing be added to the game though mods.

Midnitewolf

Re: New Mod Ideas and Requests

Post by Midnitewolf » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 22:37

Guess this section doesn't get much general traffic. Oh well.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 23:33

You got 50+ unique views. Modders generally have limited time and a wealth of ideas, so there's just not a whole lot to engage with here.

I don't think these sound like bad ideas and I'd encourage you to pursue them. A month ago I knew literally nothing about modding X4--it's not terribly hard to pick up if you're interested.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 23:43

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 23:15
Station Capture Mod - Allows a player to board a station and capture it much like boarding and capturing a ship.
Back in the XR days, BlackRain had station boarding as part of his awesome CWIR mod. Maybe the feature got translated to his X4 FOCW mod?
There are a few of your other requests that may already be part of the larger general QoL mods, too.

I haven't played much modded X4 yet. I quite like the vanilla game so far. I may get to it eventually, though.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 00:49

Midnitewolf wrote:
Property Tax Mod - make it so stations in other factions territories are taxed. NPC stations in your territory pay you and when your in their territory pay them.
this exists already.
Look for "Landlord" mod

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 00:50

Ezarkal wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 23:43
Midnitewolf wrote:
Back in the XR days, BlackRain had station boarding as part of his awesome CWIR mod. Maybe the feature got translated to his X4 FOCW mod?
There are a few of your other requests that may already be part of the larger general QoL mods, too.

I haven't played much modded X4 yet. I quite like the vanilla game so far. I may get to it eventually, though.
FOCW isn't that complicated. It is obviously possible to add it in but it is a lot of work. When I was working on CWIR, my partner was Rubino and he and I made most of the mod but we also had help from others. So, it is not something I can do alone. Just the mods I work on now by myself takes up enough of my time lol. I always have new things I want to try too.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 17:17

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 00:50
Ezarkal wrote:
Midnitewolf wrote:

FOCW isn't that complicated. It is obviously possible to add it in but it is a lot of work. When I was working on CWIR, my partner was Rubino and he and I made most of the mod but we also had help from others. So, it is not something I can do alone. Just the mods I work on now by myself takes up enough of my time lol. I always have new things I want to try too.
What's interesting is vanilla XMLs mention station boarding, so maybe it's a feature that has a lot of work already done. Who knows!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 23:28

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 00:49
Midnitewolf wrote:
this exists already.
Look for "Landlord" mod
The problem with Landlord is that it adds upkeep to your stations as well. This to me defeats the purpose of taxing NPC factions because you would just be transferring the taxes you collect to pay for the upkeep you now have. If it cost you as much as you make, what is the point of adding yet another mod that is going to sap performance or maybe conflict with something.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 23:35

Ezarkal wrote:
Midnitewolf wrote:

I will say adding captured stations to the mix adds a ton to the game. I decided to cheat and create an environment where once I confirmed control over a sector, the enemy surrendered all their stations to me. I took out the Godrealm and "captured" 161 stations across their 7 sectors. Trying to manage those 161 stations and get the economy running in a somewhat smooth manner added a whole other very challenging level to the game. We are definitely missing out not being able to "capture" enemy stations because it is a whole lot more fulfilling to look at my spoils of war than to see 7 empty sectors staring me in the face.

Note: I am not using a mod special mod, just using the cheat menu mod to "Acquire" the remaining stations that survived the destruction that took place when I captured the sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”