ship mods need some help plz

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

ship mods need some help plz

Post by Halpog » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 13:04

hi all

question, is here someone, who knows how to put files together for ship mods ?
if so, is this person able to extract thoose files from ship mods, to make a single ship or 2 ships as a seperate mod ?

ok more specific :
the mod xr shippack, and raise of the ossian raiders, have booth a ship, i wanna use, but without all this other stuff arround.

iam talking about the awraan mk3 and the galactica from rise of the ossian raiders.
the awran can be found in xrship pack too, but in a another version.

so is anyone able to get those 2 ships seperated from the mod rais of the ossian raider , and can put them into a mod , along with all needed files from this mod for thoose ships ?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: ship mods need some help plz

Post by euclid » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 01:36

You can do it yourself by using the catalog tool (see sticky here or download it via steam). It allows you to extract cat files and also the reverse: Pack files into a catalog (although that is optional if you run a mod). Just make sure you have all necessary files of both ships! If you are not sure which files then I recommend you contact the mod authors and ask for help.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 20:21

euclid wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 01:36
You can do it yourself by using the catalog tool (see sticky here or download it via steam). It allows you to extract cat files and also the reverse: Pack files into a catalog (although that is optional if you run a mod). Just make sure you have all necessary files of both ships! If you are not sure which files then I recommend you contact the mod authors and ask for help.

Cheers Euclid
thats what i did, and got no answer yet espacaly from the author of the mod from ossian raiders, and there i need more than just help, because he statet already that he changed the gate size and stuff because the galactica model was to big for the vanilla gates.
and i have no clue what files i need or how to make it work
i tryed already just to copy the files in a new folder and created a pack file but its nto working.
i would not have asked a 2nd time already if i had any idea what and how to do
the unpacking of the files with the calaloqe tool is np, thats done in some seconds .. but what than ? it also seems that i have to edit the xml files and makros where i have absolutly no clue about
but it seems like asking here in the forum is a red flag since noone want to help at all its like
u ask something and everyone just say ... ask google ...sad but true

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 21:41

Why not just remove all ships you dont want from the wares.xml, jobs.xml, shipgroups.xml and ships.xml that you dont want. I think thats the easiest way to do it. (Still a bit of work)
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 09:25

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 21:41
Why not just remove all ships you dont want from the wares.xml, jobs.xml, shipgroups.xml and ships.xml that you dont want. I think thats the easiest way to do it. (Still a bit of work)
because raise of the ossian raider is not only a ship mod
there are 3 sector, a new race, shipyards, blueprint sellers and so on there are even fleets of this faction flying arround and take over sectors.

this galactica model in it is bigger, has the side pods as docks for S ships, and even the gates got changeg so this bigger model can use them
basicaly i just want 2 ships from this mod, not all others or the factionor the sectros and so on,
but its ok, someday this 2 ships will be found somewhere iam sure of it

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 22:39

Halpog wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 20:21
euclid wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 01:36

Cheers Euclid
thats what i did, and got no answer yet espacaly from the author of the mod from ossian raiders, and there i need more than just help, because he statet already that he changed the gate size and stuff because the galactica model was to big for the vanilla gates.
and i have no clue what files i need or how to make it work
i tryed already just to copy the files in a new folder and created a pack file but its nto working.
i would not have asked a 2nd time already if i had any idea what and how to do
the unpacking of the files with the calaloqe tool is np, thats done in some seconds .. but what than ? it also seems that i have to edit the xml files and makros where i have absolutly no clue about
but it seems like asking here in the forum is a red flag since noone want to help at all its like
u ask something and everyone just say ... ask google ...sad but true
I did answer to you already on Nexus.
It is a lot of work, because these ships do have a lot of dependancies to other things of the mod like: launchtubes, dockingbays and -areas, rooms, engines, XL turret, light effects, on hit effects and so on.
There are more reasons i dont make a standalone mod of the Galactica or the Arawn, sorry.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”