[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 16:09

julian_stargazer wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 14:35
Disabling the travel drives is an option, and I did find a mod for that, but I don't like that option.
Which mod disables travel drive? For me it's the 1 thing missing to make this game bearable.

julian_stargazer
x4

Post by julian_stargazer » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 16:14

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 16:09
julian_stargazer wrote:
Disabling the travel drives is an option, and I did find a mod for that, but I don't like that option.
Which mod disables travel drive? For me it's the 1 thing missing to make this game bearable.
Hello,

this works on vanilla ships and there is an optional version for VRO ships too:

No Travel

Code: Select all

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/310
No Travel - Split Version

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/567
No Travel - Terran Version - Optional VRO Version

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/641
Fly safe!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 23:50

julian_stargazer wrote:
Hello DeadAir,

I am currently trying out the following mod combination with VRO and all your mods - with the exception of VRO Lite, deadairgate and deadairfill:

NoSuperHighways

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/80
Longer Production (VRO)

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/625
Travel Mod (VRO)

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/624
My question relate to using your mod, VRO Lite:

a) Can I get your 2 cents on this mod combination and the changes from your mods?
b) Can you sell me VRO Lite? I understand you made tweaks to VRO to prioritize performance and reduce the pace/speeds. By using the travel mod, It seems to me that achieves the same goal, regarding the travel speeds. I am wondering if you can share the specifics on performance enhancing tweaks.
c) is it possible to break VRO Lite even further, meaning more modular?

Also, in another note, do you know of any mod that increases sector size?
I found this one, but doesn't seem to be updated:

Expanded Sectors x2

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/417
I am trying to get the feeling of X3's expansive universe. Whenever I begin the game in Blackhole Sun @ Argon Equipment Dock, I immediately see the large gates up close. Everything feels very close.
Disabling the travel drives is an option, and I did find a mod for that, but I don't like that option. Travel drives have a use - and are also cool to engage eheh.

What is your opinion on sector size - station, gate, object placement distances ?

Thanks for reading the rant/questions.

Keep doing the great work and stay safe
No super highways is not necessary or even a good implementation last I checked their code. Deadair gate does it better.

Longer production and travel should be fine if their modders did proper diffs.

VRO lite has changes that most users won't notice. It's more of removing extra jobs and load out changes that aren't necessary in my opinion.

Expanded sectors is written poorly and overwrites any map mod loaded before it.

I'm don't really like the vanilla sectors placement but fixing it to my liking isn't worth the effort to me. I previously redid everything in DAGO but with the game being in active development, it took too much time to maintain.

sanas
x4

Post by sanas » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 01:16

DeadAir Ware does not affect the number of npc miners, traders?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 03:47

sanas wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 01:16
DeadAir Ware does not affect the number of npc miners, traders?
No

TR0LL
x4

Post by TR0LL » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 05:31

Angsaar wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 13:50
TR0LL wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 03:51

For the most part, fan created mods are in the clear when borrowing ip, just don't try to charge for it, you could even use the proper names of the factions, insted of Daldari for example, just look at the silly number of Star Wars mods there are out there for various games.
Quite the opposite actually, that depends entirely on IP holder and CCP has threatened legal action on modders before:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-empires

Going in blind is how you end up with a Cease and Desist Letter from the likes of CCP, Blizzard, Take Two, Zenimax, Nintendo, Warner Brothers, the list goes on and on.

Some try to stay hidden through Discords and such, but that's just playing the roulette on the court of law, bills for copyright infringement can go into six figures on attorneys fees alone. And good luck having better lawyers than them =/
I did say "for the most part" and as for eve specifically, there are several games with ships modeled off of CCPs designs, such as Avorion. tons of eve ships in that game, and have been there for years. Same for the game Empyrion.

Angsaar
x4

Post by Angsaar » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 22:51

TR0LL wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 05:31
Angsaar wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 13:50
TR0LL wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 03:51

For the most part, fan created mods are in the clear when borrowing ip, just don't try to charge for it, you could even use the proper names of the factions, insted of Daldari for example, just look at the silly number of Star Wars mods there are out there for various games.
Quite the opposite actually, that depends entirely on IP holder and CCP has threatened legal action on modders before:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-empires

Going in blind is how you end up with a Cease and Desist Letter from the likes of CCP, Blizzard, Take Two, Zenimax, Nintendo, Warner Brothers, the list goes on and on.

Some try to stay hidden through Discords and such, but that's just playing the roulette on the court of law, bills for copyright infringement can go into six figures on attorneys fees alone. And good luck having better lawyers than them =/
I did say "for the most part" and as for eve specifically, there are several games with ships modeled off of CCPs designs, such as Avorion. tons of eve ships in that game, and have been there for years. Same for the game Empyrion.
But there's no "for the most part" in copyright law, nor "borrowing ip" on your suggested use of original CCP names.

Though now I remember you once uploaded other people's mods without their consent, arguing that "modders have no rights to mods they make for games" and that permissions and credits are "not legally enforceable either", so I'll just leave it at that.

redgate

Post by redgate » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:23

maybe a dumb questions but does the Gate Part2 add new sectors or just new connections for vanilla sectors?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 21:59

redgate wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:23
maybe a dumb questions but does the Gate Part2 add new sectors or just new connections for vanilla sectors?
It's just connections and some vanilla map improvements

Lechrenski
x4

Post by Lechrenski » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 08:44

Is there any way to force the removal of the extra faction mods? I haven't build anything or even put any probes in any of the new sectors. If there is a way to just get rid of the neutral sectors with all the resources, I'd settle for that, even.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 01:22

Lechrenski wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 08:44
Is there any way to force the removal of the extra faction mods? I haven't build anything or even put any probes in any of the new sectors. If there is a way to just get rid of the neutral sectors with all the resources, I'd settle for that, even.
You can remove the sector numbered 8 and all it's appropriate entries. I'm not sure why you would and it could cause a lot of potential errors.

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 20:54

***EDIT*** I moved the extensions out of the Documents folder and into the game folder within the Steam folders and it looks good now. Leaving the below incase anyone stumbles upon this.

The game is showing DeadAir Gate as having an issue "Required Extension 'Split Vendetta' is missing" but I have Split Vendetta and it is active.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iJJIEi ... sp=sharing

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 21:17

Tater Trader CoH support? Can you add the Terrain Factions to the list of factions that can be banned? Are there any other places in the mod where Terrain Systems/Factions need to be added?

xaga
x4

Post by xaga » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 13:38

Good day sir,
first of all a huge "thank you" for all of your hard work, I couldn't really play this game without your mods and VRO.

ATM i'm using all your mods + VRO Lite and the performance is great. Is in your opinion "safe" to switch from "VRO Lite" to the last version of standard "VRO" and vice-versa without starting a new game? The idea is to switch to VRO until VRO Lite is updated, then go back to VRO Lite again.

Thanks in advance.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 17:16

Is it normal that with Dynamic Wars conflicts sometime happens between friendly factions? Argon starting shooting at Antigony, when their relations is at 28+. Or the same with MIN and TEL.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:07

BoostHungry wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 21:17
Tater Trader CoH support? Can you add the Terrain Factions to the list of factions that can be banned? Are there any other places in the mod where Terrain Systems/Factions need to be added?
It already supports CoH wares and follows trade restrictions so I didn't feel that the new buttons were necessary. I'm waiting on something better than adding a boolean parameter for every single faction.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:12

xaga wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 13:38
Good day sir,
first of all a huge "thank you" for all of your hard work, I couldn't really play this game without your mods and VRO.

ATM i'm using all your mods + VRO Lite and the performance is great. Is in your opinion "safe" to switch from "VRO Lite" to the last version of standard "VRO" and vice-versa without starting a new game? The idea is to switch to VRO until VRO Lite is updated, then go back to VRO Lite again.

Thanks in advance.
Changing over to vro would cause ships to spawn as I removed and changed several jobs. Right now the only changes he has made that aren't incorporated are the buffed small shields, starburst aoe, asgard main weapon, and the fixed tau stuff. My oos balancing is different and the terran travel speeds are not as nerfed compared to the other factions.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:14

ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 17:16
Is it normal that with Dynamic Wars conflicts sometime happens between friendly factions? Argon starting shooting at Antigony, when their relations is at 28+. Or the same with MIN and TEL.
This is due to vanilla police and patrol code where a ship under attack is friendly to one but not the other. Dynamic wars can be an indirect contributor but it doesn't change the code involved.

BlackDracis
x4

Post by BlackDracis » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:01

Sorry I am a little confused, cause ppl are saying on steam your not working on these. Here it looks like you are lol, So are these good to go with all DLC and the 4.0 update?
If so can assume just the steam ones are not working then?

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 20:07

These are good to go and Steam versions are up to date as well as far as I know. Steam versions are showing the same update timestamp as the GitHub source.
I‘m using the Steam ones without a problem.
Make sure to only use the ones listed in the OP though. There are some older mods from DeadAir that are no longer maintained, mainly the Gate Overhaul.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”