[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Daniel10001
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Daniel10001 » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 15:08

Tyranos Strategos wrote:
Sun, 27. Nov 22, 00:01
I remember Dead air said , he turn off rotation for asteroids , could it be case of this ?
I guess so. Presumably, the invocation/callback count when entering/leaving an asteroid field is (more precisely, proportional to) the product of asteroid count and modifications done to each asteroid: Invocation/Callback Overhead =/∝ Asteroid Count × Modification Count.
DeadAirRT did two or more ones of rotation, rotationvariation, minnoisevalue, densityfactor, with rotation being the most common one.
With the large number of asteroids in each asteroid field, I think this may be the cause of the observed performance issue.

Tyranos Strategos

Post by Tyranos Strategos » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 21:48

I allways had suspicious than Dead air's asteroid belt are more laggy than for example Flashpoint second contact , even when they dont move

Kyez
x4

Post by Kyez » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 23:13

Daniel10001 wrote:
Sat, 26. Nov 22, 20:59
Manawydn wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 00:55
So I got it running, and I noticed a few things. Bear in mind you can see how beastly of a mod list I have, so my experience is based on that. I am noticing that the sectors with yellow and/or heavy fog are killing fps down to the point where I can't really do much in sector. I'm wondering if performance is better on a much lighter mod list. I also saw that once I claimed a Deadair sector, factions did start expanding as intended. Last, Even though they are expanding as intended, all non-special stations (standard production stations) are missing docks both large and small/medium. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my mod list or not. Thanks!
Dear DeadAirRT,

I have been experiencing a similar performance issue when using the DeadAir Gate mod and may have hunted it down with days of experiments and debugging. I would like to share my note on this issue with you and anyone who may face similar issues, which is as follows:

DeadAir Gate Mod will cause performance issues when traveling through asteroid fields
- Symptom: When traveling through asteroid fields, (as indicated by Nvidia Performance Overlay,) at some moments, GPU Utilization will drop to 0%-1%, AND Rendering Latency will increase to 150-350ms.
- Solution: Remove unnecessary modifications to asteroid and debris fields from deadairgate/libraries/region_definitions.xml: (Vim Command: `:g /\/fields\/\(asteroid\|debris\).\{-}@\(rotation\|minnoisevalue\|density\)/ d`)
- Hypothesis: Modifications to asteroid/debris fields will apply to each individual asteroid/debris one by one at runtime when spawning the field, making thousands/tens of thousands of invocation and callback, causing extreme momentary CPU load when entering/leaving asteroid/debris fields, so that the CPU cannot issue draw calls in a normal rate, which leads to low GPU utilization and high rendering latency.

I hope my finding will help you or anyone who may need it, and it would be an honor if it does.
If you need the full debug note and logs, feel free to tell me.

Daniel
This actually helped fix with the lag problems I had in second contact and other asteroid belts. At first it was weird to think that was the issue but your explanation makes sense. I didn't know what exactly was the issue through all the command lines so I just moved the file out.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 11. Dec 22, 21:08

Daniel10001 wrote:
Sat, 26. Nov 22, 20:59
Manawydn wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 00:55
So I got it running, and I noticed a few things. Bear in mind you can see how beastly of a mod list I have, so my experience is based on that. I am noticing that the sectors with yellow and/or heavy fog are killing fps down to the point where I can't really do much in sector. I'm wondering if performance is better on a much lighter mod list. I also saw that once I claimed a Deadair sector, factions did start expanding as intended. Last, Even though they are expanding as intended, all non-special stations (standard production stations) are missing docks both large and small/medium. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my mod list or not. Thanks!
Dear DeadAirRT,

I have been experiencing a similar performance issue when using the DeadAir Gate mod and may have hunted it down with days of experiments and debugging. I would like to share my note on this issue with you and anyone who may face similar issues, which is as follows:

DeadAir Gate Mod will cause performance issues when traveling through asteroid fields
- Symptom: When traveling through asteroid fields, (as indicated by Nvidia Performance Overlay,) at some moments, GPU Utilization will drop to 0%-1%, AND Rendering Latency will increase to 150-350ms.
- Solution: Remove unnecessary modifications to asteroid and debris fields from deadairgate/libraries/region_definitions.xml: (Vim Command: `:g /\/fields\/\(asteroid\|debris\).\{-}@\(rotation\|minnoisevalue\|density\)/ d`)
- Hypothesis: Modifications to asteroid/debris fields will apply to each individual asteroid/debris one by one at runtime when spawning the field, making thousands/tens of thousands of invocation and callback, causing extreme momentary CPU load when entering/leaving asteroid/debris fields, so that the CPU cannot issue draw calls in a normal rate, which leads to low GPU utilization and high rendering latency.

I hope my finding will help you or anyone who may need it, and it would be an honor if it does.
If you need the full debug note and logs, feel free to tell me.

Daniel
Great find Daniel, thanks for sharing.
I was affected by this performance issue, but haven't had consistent investigation results.

Can confirm that removing those lines fixes it.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 12. Dec 22, 15:16

Could someone pastebin the resulting file? I don't understand that vim syntax completely. Delete rows based on some of those identifiers like rotation, but which are left? Just fog and resource changes?

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 14. Dec 22, 19:31

magitsu wrote:
Mon, 12. Dec 22, 15:16
Could someone pastebin the resulting file? I don't understand that vim syntax completely. Delete rows based on some of those identifiers like rotation, but which are left? Just fog and resource changes?
Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgndyphu8718g ... s.xml?dl=0
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 14. Dec 22, 20:18

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 14. Dec 22, 19:31
Here you go:
Thanks.

Saleri0
x4

Post by Saleri0 » Fri, 16. Dec 22, 00:17

Hi, first off, awesome mods, really enjoying this new playthrough with them!

However, i have a problem with XL shields, they are not available to be added either on purchase or upgrade, or when building and having the blueprints. Most of the new faction XL ships are fine, but the standard ships does not allow XL shields to be added. E.g. elephant, raptor etc etc

I have the latest versions of your mods from GitHub and i am on version 5.1 beta.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Sat, 7. Jan 23, 21:51

I try many times with no mods actived,only :
deadairRT 0.91
DeadAirGOD
DairAirJobs
i am missing something or with this mods there i no same map with vversion 1 of this mods??because map no change when start game

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 10:24

GDI-BOSS wrote:
Sat, 7. Jan 23, 21:51
I try many times with no mods actived,only :
deadairRT 0.91
DeadAirGOD
DairAirJobs
i am missing something or with this mods there i no same map with vversion 1 of this mods??because map no change when start game
Only DeadAir Gate changes map items. Even then there shouldn't be any new sectors, just jump gates from Antigone to Second Contact etc.
God and Jobs change the number of stations or how many production modules they spawn with, how much they inputs they use, fleets etc.

Xeneonic
x4

Post by Xeneonic » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 14:47

Any reason why DeadAir Ware removes Hull Parts as a building requirement from most modules, but leaves in all the Silicon Carbide requirements from Terran modules? Was this an oversight? (Using VRO with DeadAir mods, I apologize sincerely if it happens to be VRO doing this and not DeadAir Ware mod)

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 23:06

Is dead air jobs significant enough in adding ships that with player help, faction A can win war against faction B? (For example, HOP being completely wiped out?) I know that factions will keep rebuilding, but as long as other factions can claim all sectors, that’s good enough for me.

Currently, when I play longer games, current job system ends up in stagnation, even if I let AI build ships at my shipyard.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 09:25

I searched for "VRO" in this thread but didn't see an answer to ths question: Why do the ship mods require DeadAirFactions_VRO?

DeadAirFactionDaldari can be added without DeadAirFactions_VRO and the AI will build Caldari ships but if I also want to add DeadAirFactionDaldariShips so the ships
are added to the shipyards, I have to add DeadAirFactions_VRO. If the ships already exist in DeadAirFactionDaldari, why does the VRO have to be applied before the
player can build them?

I was using the original VRO but stopped because I found S / M ships too fragile. I know your VRO-Lite is different but I wanted to avoid stat modifiers if possible.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 00:48

Regarding DeadAirFill, I do not want it to ever spawn wares, only remove and add shipmods, from what I understand setting Min Trading Station Ware % and Min Shipyard/Wharf Ware % to 0 will achieve this.

I'm unsure of what the other settings do however, what do the:
  • Adjusted Max Trading Station Ware %
  • Adjusted Min Trading Station Ware %
  • Adjusted Min Shipyard/Wharf Ware %
settings do?
F signature

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 04:27

Posting this here because the tatertrade github page doesn't have a button for bug reports:

When I assign tatertrade or deadtater as a job, the icon attached to my ship on the map is a blue square. I notice in the mod, it is looking for this:

assets\fx\gui\textures\order\order_traderoutine.tga

but this file doesn't exist in the mod or the base game itself. When I extracted the assets from the game, there is an "order_tradeexchange.gz" and a few others
and they all share the same icon, a white basket with a + sign. I know this isn't a vram issue because I have an RTX 3060 with 12 GB vram and Afterburner shows less than 4 GB
in use.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Tue, 14. Feb 23, 14:56

user1679 wrote:
Sat, 11. Feb 23, 04:27
Posting this here because the tatertrade github page doesn't have a button for bug reports:

When I assign tatertrade or deadtater as a job, the icon attached to my ship on the map is a blue square. I notice in the mod, it is looking for this:

but this file doesn't exist in the mod or the base game itself. When I extracted the assets from the game, there is an "order_tradeexchange.gz" and a few others
and they all share the same icon, a white basket with a + sign. I know this isn't a vram issue because I have an RTX 3060 with 12 GB vram and Afterburner shows less than 4 GB
in use.
I can't find any reference to order_traderoutine.tga in either DeadAirRT's fork of tatertrade or the original repository, so I don't think the issue is with the mod.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 03:51

kasan wrote:
Tue, 14. Feb 23, 14:56
user1679 wrote:
Sat, 11. Feb 23, 04:27

in use.
I can't find any reference to order_traderoutine.tga in either DeadAirRT's fork of tatertrade or the original repository, so I don't think the issue is with the mod.
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/TaterTrade ... /icons.xml
<icon name="order_tatertrade" texture="assets\fx\gui\textures\order\order_traderoutine.tga"
but there is no assets folder in the mod and when you extract the assets folder from the base game, there is no "order_traderoutine.gz" in there.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Mon, 20. Feb 23, 16:24

user1679 wrote:
Wed, 15. Feb 23, 03:51
but there is no assets folder in the mod and when you extract the assets folder from the base game, there is no "order_traderoutine.gz" in there.
I see. Most likely it's a placeholder that's never going to get fixed. DeadAir quit X4 modding, so you aren't going to get a fix for it.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 02:13

kasan wrote:
Mon, 20. Feb 23, 16:24
user1679 wrote:
Wed, 15. Feb 23, 03:51
I see. Most likely it's a placeholder that's never going to get fixed. DeadAir quit X4 modding, so you aren't going to get a fix for it.
Ok but strangely, if I create the assets folder, copy the base game's icon file to it and change the name in DeadAIR's mod it still doesn't work. I also tried
just using the path to the base game's icon in his mod but also still get the blue box.

At least I know the blue box is tatertrade since it's the only mod that does it... :)

XOSPECTRE

Post by XOSPECTRE » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 05:08

I reaaly want finish his mod factions and ships , but i need ask dead air rt few questions about models need help

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”