[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 15:26

Hi DeadAir,

I use Tater Trader (Dead Tater option) for my auto-traders and it works pretty darn well. No complaints. However, as you utilise more and more Dead Taters, it does cause problems...

Now, this is from my friend's save - we have all the same mods, he got a copy of mine - and he's gone a little nuts with Dead Taters. He has dozens and dozens of S-Class Dead Traders zooming around. His FPS isn't so good - 45fps for me just sat there, 30-35fps for him when loading the same save - so I started digging to see what might be causing this. The biggest fps recovery was when I, as an experiment, Cancelled most of his Dead Taters - all those on S-Class ships. Immediately, I regained a lot of fps.

Now, the interesting thing here is our CPU utilisation. With all those Dead Taters running, our fps was poor, but CPU utilisation was also pretty poor. Lower than my current game in-progress. Turning off all those Dead Taters had two immediate effects:

i) Fps recovered to a decent level - 60fps for me, the limit I've set.
ii) CPU utilisation jumped a decent amount.

This suggests to me that rather than some Hardware (CPU primarily) resource limit being hit when pushing things with all those Dead Taters, some internal Engine limit was hit. I.e. The engine was asked to work harder, doing the calculations for all those Dead Taters, but there was no associated rise in CPU utilisation, quite the opposite.

My understanding of Dead Tater is that's it's better so you need less of them. I myself only have a couple of dozen L-Class Dead Taters active. My friend on the other hand has many dozen (perhaps close to 100) S-Class Dead Taters roaming around, he's just added more and more as time has gone on. I dimly recall there were performance options in the original Tater Trader, making it work a bit more slowly (hardly noticeable) but be less stressful on the game's scripting engine. Obviously Dead Tater is THE version to use now, but it does stress things when scaled up, like my friend has.

Not saying there's a problem here, just saying that it does have quite a marked FPS impact when you're using lots of them. It appears to be a Game limitation that CPU resource usage does not rise to meet this increased demand, rather dropping quite markedly.

It is cool seeing all these Traders running around, and it does provide good income. Though, as I mentioned to him, when I cancelled all the S-Class Dead Taters, his M and L-Class ones started consistently finding better deals, meaning the "credits due from Trades" actually went UP a short while after I did this, then continued to increase, hitting typically double the amount I was previously seeing. He says he's seen higher numbers with them all running, but that's not what I saw when loading his save and running for an hour or so. I suspect he as too many traders covering overlapping areas, I plan mine out a little more carefully, though they DO eventually overlap as their range increases.

I do wonder if perhaps an option to slow down Dead Taters calculation, as seen in prior Tater Trader versions, might help in this instance. What do you think? To be clear, my couple of dozen Dead Taters, running on L-Class ships are working great, but my friend's perhaps excessive numbers of S-Class Dead Taters are having a massive impact. He likes running loads of them though, I don't think that will change.

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Thu, 28. Sep 23, 22:23

We need some eve pirate factions like angel cartel or triglavians to have something to shoot at , hope DeadAir will one day come whith something

bob_alliance
x4

Post by bob_alliance » Wed, 1. Nov 23, 01:40

Does anyone know how to do the friend of the empire promotion ceremony for amarr? I have 13 standing but no mission for it?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 17:41

boy1der wrote:
Tue, 19. Sep 23, 17:40
Im trying to get the faction mods to work, but my game keeps getting stuck loading a new game at 84%, are there compatibilities I do not know about? right now i have some sector mods, but even when i disable them, the game does not load.
check folder names

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 17:42

bob_alliance wrote:
Wed, 1. Nov 23, 01:40
Does anyone know how to do the friend of the empire promotion ceremony for amarr? I have 13 standing but no mission for it?
rep is either at shipyard or wharf, if not then it's a conflict with another mod.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 17:54

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 21. Sep 23, 15:26
Hi DeadAir,

I use Tater Trader (Dead Tater option) for my auto-traders and it works pretty darn well. No complaints. However, as you utilise more and more Dead Taters, it does cause problems...

Now, this is from my friend's save - we have all the same mods, he got a copy of mine - and he's gone a little nuts with Dead Taters. He has dozens and dozens of S-Class Dead Traders zooming around. His FPS isn't so good - 45fps for me just sat there, 30-35fps for him when loading the same save - so I started digging to see what might be causing this. The biggest fps recovery was when I, as an experiment, Cancelled most of his Dead Taters - all those on S-Class ships. Immediately, I regained a lot of fps.

Now, the interesting thing here is our CPU utilisation. With all those Dead Taters running, our fps was poor, but CPU utilisation was also pretty poor. Lower than my current game in-progress. Turning off all those Dead Taters had two immediate effects:

i) Fps recovered to a decent level - 60fps for me, the limit I've set.
ii) CPU utilisation jumped a decent amount.

This suggests to me that rather than some Hardware (CPU primarily) resource limit being hit when pushing things with all those Dead Taters, some internal Engine limit was hit. I.e. The engine was asked to work harder, doing the calculations for all those Dead Taters, but there was no associated rise in CPU utilisation, quite the opposite.

My understanding of Dead Tater is that's it's better so you need less of them. I myself only have a couple of dozen L-Class Dead Taters active. My friend on the other hand has many dozen (perhaps close to 100) S-Class Dead Taters roaming around, he's just added more and more as time has gone on. I dimly recall there were performance options in the original Tater Trader, making it work a bit more slowly (hardly noticeable) but be less stressful on the game's scripting engine. Obviously Dead Tater is THE version to use now, but it does stress things when scaled up, like my friend has.

Not saying there's a problem here, just saying that it does have quite a marked FPS impact when you're using lots of them. It appears to be a Game limitation that CPU resource usage does not rise to meet this increased demand, rather dropping quite markedly.

It is cool seeing all these Traders running around, and it does provide good income. Though, as I mentioned to him, when I cancelled all the S-Class Dead Taters, his M and L-Class ones started consistently finding better deals, meaning the "credits due from Trades" actually went UP a short while after I did this, then continued to increase, hitting typically double the amount I was previously seeing. He says he's seen higher numbers with them all running, but that's not what I saw when loading his save and running for an hour or so. I suspect he as too many traders covering overlapping areas, I plan mine out a little more carefully, though they DO eventually overlap as their range increases.

I do wonder if perhaps an option to slow down Dead Taters calculation, as seen in prior Tater Trader versions, might help in this instance. What do you think? To be clear, my couple of dozen Dead Taters, running on L-Class ships are working great, but my friend's perhaps excessive numbers of S-Class Dead Taters are having a massive impact. He likes running loads of them though, I don't think that will change.
It's likely a memory bottleneck if I had to guess. DeadTaters are much less intensive overall due to the amount of delays built in and the scan rate from tater wouldn't help. They only scan through at most the 5 best offers per ware per tick.

The best bet is to reduce the number of traders all running in the same area since it will reduce the number of traders doubling up on trades in the same tick which will also help with performance. I may develop a centralized queuing system for the traders but it would be quite the undertaking compared to people just not going crazy with the number of ships.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 17:57

DaPunk wrote:
Mon, 28. Aug 23, 10:14
HI - i found a problem with DeadAir God

i disabled all mods except of DeadAir God and started a new Split Zyarth Game - and the Rattlesnake in the beginning that should be friednly turned red after a few seconds. This only happens with that mod activated. i tried 2 hours of different cominations of mods. But it seems to me this mod turned the rattlesnake red - can someone try this and confirm?

x4 6.2 - all dlc´s activated - Deadair God v6.0.1
The mod doesn't change ownership of anything like that, it's probably an issue with a storyline. I don't do storylines at all but if I get time, I can try to look into it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 2. Dec 23, 14:43

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 1. Dec 23, 17:54
It's likely a memory bottleneck if I had to guess. DeadTaters are much less intensive overall due to the amount of delays built in and the scan rate from tater wouldn't help. They only scan through at most the 5 best offers per ware per tick.

The best bet is to reduce the number of traders all running in the same area since it will reduce the number of traders doubling up on trades in the same tick which will also help with performance. I may develop a centralized queuing system for the traders but it would be quite the undertaking compared to people just not going crazy with the number of ships.
Thanks for the reply. I've never gone quite as nuts as him with the DTs and not run into a problem. His game did end up with other issue, a weird freeze every couple of seconds, so perhaps there was more going on with it.

I think DT works great just how it is, makes good, solid money for the player while supporting the economy. Just a handful can make quite the difference to a Faction. Their own trade ships are pretty poor by comparison.

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Sat, 2. Dec 23, 14:47

DeadAirRT any pirate faction planed ? New ships or something i never get respond for that :gruebel:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 2. Dec 23, 15:16

Caldari Navy wrote:
Sat, 2. Dec 23, 14:47
DeadAirRT any pirate faction planed ? New ships or something i never get respond for that :gruebel:
The only things in life that are certain are death and taxes. (Nothing planned ship modding atm)

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Sat, 2. Dec 23, 15:24

Ooh wrong asnwer but ok :mrgreen:

Cadbury
x4

Post by Cadbury » Fri, 8. Dec 23, 00:38

Should the faction ship paints be working? I've tried applying the Amarr one to a Legion and the Caldari one to a Tengu but they both look... wrong? Very, very dark and very reflective to the point of being unusable. What should they look like?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 8. Dec 23, 03:44

Cadbury wrote:
Fri, 8. Dec 23, 00:38
Should the faction ship paints be working? I've tried applying the Amarr one to a Legion and the Caldari one to a Tengu but they both look... wrong? Very, very dark and very reflective to the point of being unusable. What should they look like?
The geometry of the ships isn't very compatible with the proper masking needed to apply the vertex painting for x4 skins. The ships will look best with one of the default skins granted to the player by a script included.

Munimentum
x4

Post by Munimentum » Mon, 1. Jan 24, 12:42

What happened to DeadAir Evolution?

I remember seeing it linked in a reddit thread and wanting to download it later in my game to make Xenon a more powerful end game threat but when I google it it seems like it's been removed from the workshop?

supergruntsb78
x4

Post by supergruntsb78 » Tue, 2. Jan 24, 14:57

got a question when installing the deadair mods i keep running in to some problems

deadair fill : "Location deadair fill is already used by another exptension", unknown to me what is using deadair fill besides deadair fill

deadair god & deadair jobs are automaticly disabled bij X4 everytime i activate them .. ?

what could be going on here ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 2. Jan 24, 15:46

supergruntsb78 wrote:
Tue, 2. Jan 24, 14:57
got a question when installing the deadair mods i keep running in to some problems

deadair fill : "Location deadair fill is already used by another exptension", unknown to me what is using deadair fill besides deadair fill

deadair god & deadair jobs are automaticly disabled bij X4 everytime i activate them .. ?

Sounds like steam workshop is messing everything up. Unsubscribing does not remove the actual folders/files so you would have to remove old files from extensions folder manually.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 2. Jan 24, 15:48

Munimentum wrote:
Mon, 1. Jan 24, 12:42
What happened to DeadAir Evolution?

I remember seeing it linked in a reddit thread and wanting to download it later in my game to make Xenon a more powerful end game threat but when I google it it seems like it's been removed from the workshop?
A person asked if they could upload some of my mods to workshop but it seems they recently removed them. My GitHub is where I always keep the most up to date. I very much dislike the way steam workshop is implemented and try to avoid it as much as I can.

supergruntsb78
x4

Post by supergruntsb78 » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 21:27

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 2. Jan 24, 15:46
supergruntsb78 wrote:
Tue, 2. Jan 24, 14:57

Sounds like steam workshop is messing everything up. Unsubscribing does not remove the actual folders/files so you would have to remove old files from extensions folder manually.
NEVER MIND DOWNLOADED THE VERSIONS FROM GITHUB NOW GOT IT WORKING :)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 4. Jan 24, 03:53

supergruntsb78 wrote:
Wed, 3. Jan 24, 21:27
NEVER MIND DOWNLOADED THE VERSIONS FROM GITHUB NOW GOT IT WORKING :)
Good to hear. Easy fixes = best fixes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”