[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phiolin
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Phiolin » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 08:40

Couple of errors showing up in DeadTater - just in case you decide to look at it again. :)

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 119674.46 Error in AI script deadtater on entity 0x3a4f5: Property lookup failed: $buyers
* Expression: $buyers.count
* Action: <do_all>, line 946
[General] 119674.46 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 119674.46 Error in AI script deadtater on entity 0x3a4f5: Property lookup failed: $sellers
* Expression: $sellers.count
* Action: <do_all>, line 1003

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:33

DocQuixotic wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 20:09
Have you considered updating the Gates mod to add conections to and from the Boron sectors? I'm kinda disappointed hoowbpoorly they are integrated with the rest of the universe. I' imagine a connection between for example ocean of fantasy and Pioneer or Antigone space, or maybe Atreus Clouds and Emperors Pride or Litany of Fury would open up a lot of gameplay opportunities...
It's definitely something I would consider if I return to modding x4.
user1679 wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 05:45
*snip*
There were a few ships I wanted to import, the main problem is that small and medium ships in X4 are vastly more complex to import. It is even more of a pain with 6.0 for all ships. If I return, I will consider it. Hopefully one of the better 3d modelers figures out a good streamlined workflow that someone as simple as me can figure out.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:38

Phiolin wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 08:40
Couple of errors showing up in DeadTater - just in case you decide to look at it again. :)

[=ERROR=] 119674.46 Error in AI script deadtater on entity 0x3a4f5: Property lookup failed: $buyers
* Expression: $buyers.count
* Action: <do_all>, line 946
[=ERROR=] 119674.46 Error in AI script deadtater on entity 0x3a4f5: Property lookup failed: $sellers
* Expression: $sellers.count
* Action: <do_all>, line 1003
That could potentially be an annoying issue if they messed with some of the basic functions for finding trades, determining police faction, or something else.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:33
DocQuixotic wrote:
Have you considered updating the Gates mod to add conections to and from the Boron sectors? I'm kinda disappointed hoowbpoorly they are integrated with the rest of the universe. I' imagine a connection between for example ocean of fantasy and Pioneer or Antigone space, or maybe Atreus Clouds and Emperors Pride or Litany of Fury would open up a lot of gameplay opportunities...
user1679 wrote:
*snip*
There were a few ships I wanted to import, the main problem is that small and medium ships in X4 are vastly more complex to import. It is even more of a pain with 6.0 for all ships. If I return, I will consider it. Hopefully one of the better 3d modelers figures out a good streamlined workflow that someone as simple as me can figure out.
Interesting, I thought the larger ships would be difficult because of all the turret placements. But I still enjoy what you've done so far. Has anyone expressed interest in updating your eve factions with compatible collision / navmesh and other 6.0 oddities? I would try it but Blender isn't something I've used often, I probably wouldn't finish until X5 came out.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 02:20

user1679 wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:50
DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 21:33
DocQuixotic wrote:
user1679 wrote:
*snip*
Interesting, I thought the larger ships would be difficult because of all the turret placements. But I still enjoy what you've done so far. Has anyone expressed interest in updating your eve factions with compatible collision / navmesh and other 6.0 oddities? I would try it but Blender isn't something I've used often, I probably wouldn't finish until X5 came out.
With eve ships you have to get the model from the client, then basically rebuild it into a watertight hull, duplicate the missing parts, scale it, apply the textures and some stuff for paint mods. The rest is easy xml stuff of placing weapons engines etc. With L/XL you place an entire cockpit object that can be basically anywhere. With S/M you have to actually incorporate the cockpit and all of it's pieces into the model itself.

volant10086

Post by volant10086 » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 00:15

Hi, I am having a problem with all the EVE mods. For some reason, I cannot build any ship that needs an XL/L size engine, it seems those blueprints do not exist, but I am able to build a smaller ship. So those titans and super cap exist, but a missing part makes me unable to build it. Any idea what causes the issue? TY

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 01:26

volant10086 wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 00:15
Hi, I am having a problem with all the EVE mods. For some reason, I cannot build any ship that needs an XL/L size engine, it seems those blueprints do not exist, but I am able to build a smaller ship. So those titans and super cap exist, but a missing part makes me unable to build it. Any idea what causes the issue? TY
6.0 update changed the physics engine, so every mod ship needs to be reworked.
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 15. Apr 23, 15:48
Jobs, ware, minor faction changes, eve factions are somewhere between minor updates and major rewrites due to how specific i wrote the diffs.

TKCaesar

Post by TKCaesar » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 02:18

I'm clueless on what the settings for Dynamic wars do could anyone explain thme to me please?

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 19:00

user1679 wrote:
Small request... if you decide to update these factions to 6.0, would you consider adding some more of the Caldari ships? I always liked the Caldari aesthetic. I'm particularly interested in the haulers, here's how I would configure them:

Badger - a S trader because this was the Tech I ship with around 4k storage and was considered a "light hauler"
Tayra - this is the redesign of the Badger and would fit well as a M trader with its 7k storage
Bustard - this is the Tech II of the Tayra but has less cargo in favor of a "fleet hangar" so for X4 it seems like this might fit as an XL carrier. But in X4 I would bump its cargo up from 5k to 10k as well as providing some M and S sized docks.

Also, I would love to see some Caldari M and S ships, here are my thoughts on the matter :) :

I think bringing in the Merlin for a S sized interceptor with guns/missile turrets (the Merlin can use rockets in EVE) would be fun or my favorite, the Kestrel for a 4 launcher S fighter. And since the Caldari don't have an M ship in X4, perhaps the Ferox for a hybrid gun/missile boat or the Cormorant for a full blown M sized missile rig. Oh, and my favorite the Osprey (before they nerfed the mining bonus) as an M miner with several turret hardpoints for mining drills / missile launchers.

Thanks!
Why would the Cormorant be a missile ship? It's literally a sniper in eve. You fit it with railguns and blap frigates. You'd want the Corax for a missile platform. The Posprey wouldn't greatly make sense since it's a logistic cruiser and the X games don't have a real system for them (which would be cool in the base game. It exists with mods, but the AI doesn't know how to use repair lasers on ships). You'd want the Moa.

I'd love to see the Tech 2 ships brought over to X4, but it'd be super hard to balance them with existing ships with out just breaking the game with how over powered they'd be. We did get the Tengu (if I remember) in it's hybrid turret configuration.

Honestly I'd love to see the Zelot added to Ammar just because it's a baller looking ship. I thought about trying to convert some but every time I open blender I get overwhelmed since I don't have any kind of an art background (other than music.)

Edit: You should also link to the eve university wiki instead of the fandom wiki. It's scraped from the actual APIs instead of relying on user input to change things.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 21:07

kasan wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 19:00
user1679 wrote:
Small request... if you decide to update these factions to 6.0, would you consider adding some more of the Caldari ships? I always liked the Caldari aesthetic. I'm particularly interested in the haulers, here's how I would configure them:

Badger - a S trader because this was the Tech I ship with around 4k storage and was considered a "light hauler"
Tayra - this is the redesign of the Badger and would fit well as a M trader with its 7k storage
Bustard - this is the Tech II of the Tayra but has less cargo in favor of a "fleet hangar" so for X4 it seems like this might fit as an XL carrier. But in X4 I would bump its cargo up from 5k to 10k as well as providing some M and S sized docks.

Also, I would love to see some Caldari M and S ships, here are my thoughts on the matter :) :

I think bringing in the Merlin for a S sized interceptor with guns/missile turrets (the Merlin can use rockets in EVE) would be fun or my favorite, the Kestrel for a 4 launcher S fighter. And since the Caldari don't have an M ship in X4, perhaps the Ferox for a hybrid gun/missile boat or the Cormorant for a full blown M sized missile rig. Oh, and my favorite the Osprey (before they nerfed the mining bonus) as an M miner with several turret hardpoints for mining drills / missile launchers.

Thanks!
Why would the Cormorant be a missile ship? It's literally a sniper in eve. You fit it with railguns and blap frigates. You'd want the Corax for a missile platform. The Posprey wouldn't greatly make sense since it's a logistic cruiser and the X games don't have a real system for them (which would be cool in the base game. It exists with mods, but the AI doesn't know how to use repair lasers on ships). You'd want the Moa.

I'd love to see the Tech 2 ships brought over to X4, but it'd be super hard to balance them with existing ships with out just breaking the game with how over powered they'd be. We did get the Tengu (if I remember) in it's hybrid turret configuration.

Honestly I'd love to see the Zelot added to Ammar just because it's a baller looking ship. I thought about trying to convert some but every time I open blender I get overwhelmed since I don't have any kind of an art background (other than music.)

Edit: You should also link to the eve university wiki instead of the fandom wiki. It's scraped from the actual APIs instead of relying on user input to change things.
Yes, the cormorant is a gunship in Eve but the current lineup of M ships, including modded ships, are a combination of a main weapon and some turrets. Most of them do not allow tracking turrets and have a low number of missiles they can carry (often less than 50). I was thinking of the Cormorant with all its hardpoints being able to fit standard long-range turrets or tracking turrets with a light missile capacity of 400. This would give players a true M sized light missile platform for helping manage pesky S sized fighters in a fleet battle.

The Osprey makes perfect sense as a heavy mining ship. I think you misread my post. I was talking about the old Osprey that had a mining bonus and was often used as an early game mining ship. It was able to use mining drones and also fit some launchers, the hull was thick enough that you could clean out a mission area and bring in the Osprey to mine the minerals and it could handle the random spawns that popped in.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Thu, 4. May 23, 06:13

Hi DeadAir. I heavily mod x3 but have struggled to get into modding x4 due to A. The lack of an IDE like X-Studio and B. A lack of tutorials/examples. To learn x3 I studied Joubarbe's Mayhem 2 code, which taught me so much. For x4, I'd like to study your code. There are no licenses listed on your github pages: do you mind if I release mods based off your code? This is all theoretical, of course, but I want to make sure I'm investing my time wisely. Your work seems to be closest to my area of interest in modding x4. Do you have any recommendations for me? Thank you.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 12. May 23, 15:37

So I'll probably be moving to yet another thread but wanted to get some input before I finish polishing new updates,

For the people who like/care/want the factions, is there any interest in a reduced ship option? I could potentially implement it but since I would never use it myself I've been hesitant since it will be quite a bit of work.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 12. May 23, 16:08

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 15:37
So I'll probably be moving to yet another thread but wanted to get some input before I finish polishing new updates,

For the people who like/care/want the factions, is there any interest in a reduced ship option? I could potentially implement it but since I would never use it myself I've been hesitant since it will be quite a bit of work.
I side on the no reduced ship side. Factions especially corporations are my thing. Speaking of reductions I'm firmly in the camp of boosting station modules and production rates and having their costs adjusted to reflect that change. IE I use 10x module boosts which cost 10x more to build. Instead of twenty habs I have two etc. I don't mind smaller stations with bigger outputs as that means we can generally squeeze in some more ships and fleets if necessary when in sector.
Last edited by Baconnaise on Fri, 12. May 23, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 13. May 23, 04:24

DeadAirRT wrote:

Do you mean fewer ships in the jobs files or fewer physical ships imported into the mod? I personally would like to see more physical ships added but most important would be a way to modify the spawns. I really like the way FOCW allows us to turn various ships on / off per faction. Even if you didn't go into that much detail for each ship type and just left it to each faction as a whole, it would be nice. Somethng like this where the user can modify the *_MAX_SHIPS options:

<!-- The base maximum number of ships. Gets modified by the MAX_SHIPS options below -->
BASE_MAX_SHIPS = 50

<!--

Set total ships each faction should build. If the GALAXY-wide ship count is reached for the faction, it stops building ships until they start being destroyed. All options
  include all size ships, including any fleets and their subordinates but not drones that ships may be carrying. Factions will only build ships if they have components.

0 - NO LIMIT = factions will build as many ships as they have resources / need for
  1 - LIGHT = no more than BASE_MAX_SHIPS
  2 - MEDIUM = no more than (BASE_MAX_SHIPS * 2.50))
  3 - HEAVY = no more than (BASE_MAX_SHIPS * 4.50))

Example: If you choose 1 for Caldari and they build a destroyer patrol with 3 subordinates, that one job will use 4 ships leaving the faction BASE_MAX_SHIPS - 4 available to build. They might build miners, transporters, who knows...

-->

CALDARI_MAX_SHIPS = 0
MINMATAR_MAX_SHIPS = 0
GALLENTE_MAX_SHIPS = 0
AMAR_MAX_SHIPS = 0

<!--

TODO: Check current ship count, compare to desired ship count and build if needed

-->

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Wed, 17. May 23, 17:11

DeadAirRT wrote:

I have no interest in an option to reduce ship counts or remove some ship models. In my opinion, your modifications have been well received and would not need to capitulate such options.

By the way, the Erebus had some inside-out turrets and shields and the Rokh couldn't mount rails on one side. Those are little rotation and tag issues I thought I'd mention.

Lastly, if I may be so bold to say, with your talent you could get custom turrets in game for your faction ships mods. I think that would be a great addition.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. May 23, 02:07

Mountain_Puncher wrote:
Wed, 17. May 23, 17:11
DeadAirRT wrote:

I have no interest in an option to reduce ship counts or remove some ship models. In my opinion, your modifications have been well received and would not need to capitulate such options.

By the way, the Erebus had some inside-out turrets and shields and the Rokh couldn't mount rails on one side. Those are little rotation and tag issues I thought I'd mention.

Lastly, if I may be so bold to say, with your talent you could get custom turrets in game for your faction ships mods. I think that would be a great addition.
Oh, I'll check those ships out. TY for the bug report. My 3d modeling is actually extremely terrible, most of the ship work was just renaming and organizing. The xml document stuff is much easier than custom assets but I definitely plan on eventually refining my ships more in the future.

Also, after the feedback; I've decided to hold off on doing a drastic change to the jobs for reduced ship count but I do have a new test mod in the works that I may apply to more than just xenon. So far in 6.0 xenon have been my main focus since they are so weak with VRO right now from my testing.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 14:15

I have yet to try the deadair evolution mod but it looks interesting. I've been using FOCW and Mysterials FE packs coupled with VRO and more turret mods that support VRO. Xenon are generally better however I'm using two or three mods that adjust things. It might be easier to cut FOCW or FE packs. Do plan to make the evolution mod encompass all factions not just xenon? It feels like it would be at least in part a good addition to your dynamic wars mod.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Sun, 11. Jun 23, 17:40

Hi, I'm using (a lot) TaterTrade and, don't know if it's a known issue, L ships, used as station trader, keep getting orders to trade with supply ships, they should do it using cargo drones but they always end trying to "dock" with those, creating an unremovable critical order that keeps them busy for hours trying to sell like 22 drone parts until the "orange" error appear.

I actually don't know if it's a vanilla or mod problem trading between L and XL ships, but a single toggle to trade just with stations could be a splendid workaround.
I also miss the required cargo fill% option of deadtater, but that is a secondary issue.

Thanks anyway, that mod saved my merchant life since version 1.00 :D
Ricarica et impera!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 12. Jun 23, 13:10

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 9. Jun 23, 14:15
I have yet to try the deadair evolution mod but it looks interesting. I've been using FOCW and Mysterials FE packs coupled with VRO and more turret mods that support VRO. Xenon are generally better however I'm using two or three mods that adjust things. It might be easier to cut FOCW or FE packs. Do plan to make the evolution mod encompass all factions not just xenon? It feels like it would be at least in part a good addition to your dynamic wars mod.
Right now i don't have any plans to expand evolution. Fill already serves the purpose of making other faction ships stronger via equipment mods.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 12. Jun 23, 13:13

Pitagora wrote:
Sun, 11. Jun 23, 17:40
Hi, I'm using (a lot) TaterTrade and, don't know if it's a known issue, L ships, used as station trader, keep getting orders to trade with supply ships, they should do it using cargo drones but they always end trying to "dock" with those, creating an unremovable critical order that keeps them busy for hours trying to sell like 22 drone parts until the "orange" error appear.

I actually don't know if it's a vanilla or mod problem trading between L and XL ships, but a single toggle to trade just with stations could be a splendid workaround.
I also miss the required cargo fill% option of deadtater, but that is a secondary issue.

Thanks anyway, that mod saved my merchant life since version 1.00 :D
That is a vanilla issue that has caused me a fair bit of headaches recently. I previously removed the supply ships completely but now I'm trying to figure out how to make them not completely annoying (in other mods, it's outside the scope of tater). I might be able to incorporate an option for the trade scripts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”