[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.0

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 13:26

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 25. Jul 23, 12:45
Cool, it'd be interesting to see SCA as a proper faction with their own ship building facilities, maybe one day lol.

So, are the Boron Corporations limited to building in Boron space, or can they expand beyond that? Does the implementation of where they build obey the "open gates" rule, in that they cannot expand past that closed (until certain plot point) gate linking the first set of Boron territories to Heretic's End? Further, how about when the second set of sectors opens up? Just don't want to see Boron Corporations appearing before they should, if you know what I mean. The game will already spawn Boron NPC's on my own stations before the Gate is open, which is jarring, don't know if they've fixed that in the current Beta or not.
Well the Boron corporations are set up to build in mainly boron owned sectors but I did allow for the chance to build in hatikvah owned sectors. So it is possible they build in Hatikvah controlled sectors before you open the gate but the chance is extremely small so it probably won’t happen. They should mainly build in boron controlled space. Also, you will receive messages about the boron corps just like with other corps. That is how it is setup currently as I didn’t consider the plot as I never do the plot anymore lol. I guess it is possible to change it if necessary

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 13:42

The Boron DLC is of course unique in how it opens up the new sectors. I sorta wish the other DLC's did that as well, rather than having them all there at a new start. It was nice seeing the Split arrive when I continued an existing game, but new DLC = fresh start for me usually. I've wondered before if it's possible to delay the opening of Split, Terran and Windfall/Avarice sectors via modding... I personally would welcome a mission lined to open up these sectors too. Anyway, that's a different topic entirely lol.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 22:14

FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.1
1) Fixed an issue with Hatikvah shipyard not having XL engines or L travel drive.
2) Fixed Boron fighter squadrons (corps couldn't order them).
3) some minor fixes to code.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 26. Jul 23, 02:25

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 25. Jul 23, 13:42
The Boron DLC is of course unique in how it opens up the new sectors. I sorta wish the other DLC's did that as well, rather than having them all there at a new start. It was nice seeing the Split arrive when I continued an existing game, but new DLC = fresh start for me usually. I've wondered before if it's possible to delay the opening of Split, Terran and Windfall/Avarice sectors via modding... I personally would welcome a mission lined to open up these sectors too. Anyway, that's a different topic entirely lol.
I am just testing the code to see if it works for activating/deactivating the boron corps depending on whether you have done the questline and opened the gate or not. If all goes well, I will have a new version up soon.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.1

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 26. Jul 23, 02:51

FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2
1) Now, the Boron Corporations will only be active if you have completed the plot. They will not be active at all until the plot is done or if you start a new game with the boron plot completed

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.1

Post by Scoob » Wed, 26. Jul 23, 13:03

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 26. Jul 23, 02:51
FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2
1) Now, the Boron Corporations will only be active if you have completed the plot. They will not be active at all until the plot is done or if you start a new game with the boron plot completed
Good stuff! Not had chance to play yet, so your timing with this update is perfect.

shovelmonkey
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 07:27

First off, loving the update the new Boron Corps are great!

Small bug report:

What I am assuming is one of your corps, "Jupiter Flux", has some strange text when looking at the relation's screen (an maybe others).

https://i.imgur.com/tN3AWQd.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 31. Jul 23, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 15:31

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 31. Jul 23, 07:27
First off, loving the update the new Boron Corps are great!

Small bug report:

What I am assuming is one of your corps, "Jupiter Flux", has some strange text when looking at the relation's screen (an maybe others).

https://i.imgur.com/tN3AWQd.jpg
Thanks for the report, I was going to put in Terran Corporations but I got lazy because it is a pain to add new corps (a lot of repetitive work that takes forever.

I will remove that stuff though.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 15:47

You can just redownload the mod now, I didn't change the version number or anything. I just removed any mention of the terran corporations. It should be fine now maybe? I didn't have time to check for bugs or anything but there shouldn't be any unless I did something minor in my haste. Let me know if there are any issues.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 16:18

Hi,

I don't know if it's in any way related, but the only change I've made to my game is updating FOCW Corporations - I applied the unversioned tweak to v3.2 today.

What I'm seeing since doing this, is that any ships I order from my own Shipyard / Wharf are coming with a full Five Star Pilot. That's 5* in Piloting and Morale, giving an overall 5* rating. I also built a Freighter, and all the Service crew at 5* in Engineering and Morale. It feels like I'm cheating a bit here!

I usually just get regular 1-2 Star Pilots at best, when building such ships, same with Service Crew. Any ideas? I literally have just updated FOCW Corporations recently, nothing else in my current v6.10 game.

Edit: I just noticed that ALL NPC's appearing on my own stations are also 5* in all profession-relevant skills...

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:38

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 31. Jul 23, 15:47
You can just redownload the mod now, I didn't change the version number or anything. I just removed any mention of the terran corporations. It should be fine now maybe? I didn't have time to check for bugs or anything but there shouldn't be any unless I did something minor in my haste. Let me know if there are any issues.
Hi, just using quote to tag you, as I think my issues above might be a bug with Corporations. Not sure of course, but it's the only thing changed in my build recently.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:45

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:38
BlackRain wrote:
Hi, just using quote to tag you, as I think my issues above might be a bug with Corporations. Not sure of course, but it's the only thing changed in my build recently.
Whoops, yeah that is my fault. I will fix it right now.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:48

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:38
BlackRain wrote:
Okay, redownload the file now, I just uploaded a fix. I didn't change the version number or anything. Now they will be between 1 and 3 stars. You can edit characters.xml in the library folder if you don't like that (3 is 1 star, 9 is 3 stars)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:54

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 1. Aug 23, 21:48
Okay, redownload the file now, I just uploaded a fix. I didn't change the version number or anything. Now they will be between 1 and 3 stars. You can edit characters.xml in the library folder if you don't like that (3 is 1 star, 9 is 3 stars)

Tassekaffe
x4

Post by Tassekaffe » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 10:43

is it possible to get a version without the boron?
don´t have the dlc..

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 20:34

Tassekaffe wrote:
Wed, 2. Aug 23, 10:43
is it possible to get a version without the boron?
don´t have the dlc..
It isn't hard to do just takes time. You can go through the files and just delete anything that mentions boron or boronenergy, boronmining, boronrefined. I may or may not get around to doing it but I am not sure when.

Tassekaffe
x4

Post by Tassekaffe » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 21:20

hm,i did that but i noticed that the war convo modpart causes read txt,so i disabled it and then nothing worked^^
the corps vanished from any menu and the allready built fabs were abandoned.....
well,thanks anyway :gruebel: i think of something :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 23:19

Tassekaffe wrote:
Wed, 2. Aug 23, 21:20
hm,i did that but i noticed that the war convo modpart causes read txt,so i disabled it and then nothing worked^^
the corps vanished from any menu and the allready built fabs were abandoned.....
well,thanks anyway :gruebel: i think of something :D
That means you did something wrong lol, you need to delete any mention of boron from every file, including the T file, etc.

Tassekaffe
x4

Post by Tassekaffe » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 09:11

working on it :D
but i just shot my old gtx 960 in theback and have problems with the new card....so x4 is my least problem :lol:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 20:40

Tassekaffe wrote:
Thu, 3. Aug 23, 09:11
working on it :D
but i just shot my old gtx 960 in theback and have problems with the new card....so x4 is my least problem :lol:
I am sorry to hear that :( I just upgraded my pc with all new stuff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”