[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StarKelp
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.2.5

Post by StarKelp » Fri, 12. May 23, 05:22

Hi there, I was enjoying your mod alongside a relatively full mod list, and I ended up getting a Hard Crash after loading my save on Hotfix #4. Removing this mod resolved it. Additional note that this mod was played with only the Terran and Split DLCs enabled.

Attempts to get a useful debug log have failed on every front, much to my annoyance, so I apologize that this is all I can offer, and understand if this falls under 'too little information' or 'too many other mods involved' to be fixable, as this was part a relatively chunky mod list. Save loads properly and the crash is reproducible with just SirNukes and Deadair Gates. Save was played with Dynamic Wars before hand, to explain the odd faction relations, and I can provide a full mod list if desired.

Steps to reproduce: Fleet 2 and Fleet 3 are approaching to siege a Xenon position up in Split space. Simply let them engage the enemies, commanding the Destroyers to attack the station directly to speed up the process if desired, and the game will hard crash within 5 minutes without SETA, much quicker with.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvOX7g ... share_link
Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v2aO_J ... share_link

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Sat, 13. May 23, 02:49

Gallows wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 18:34
Now, just a thought, but if you cared to take a gander at the mod, "Enhanced Bailing" and take it under your wing and make it compatible for 6.0 that would be wonderful. The author hasn't been around for a very long time. the mod allows for better AI vs AI bailing. I found it a fun addition because of the more frequent chance to find ships of all sizes abandoned due to near fatal attacks. Much fewer suicidal pilots willing to go down with their ships. Anyway, just a hopeful thought.
Oh man I loved that mod. Finding more abandoned ships around the universe telling stories of past fights was really cool. I'd love to see it updated as well.

Wanted to say again BR how much I love this mod FOCW Corporations in particular. I'm once again starting it mid-save (about 30h in) and it's been fun seeing corporations pop up and their stations. Just adds a whole new element to the universe and makes me actually take the time to peruse a sector and look at what stations actually are, rather than just blizting through spamming long range scan while doing a sick flight-assist-off drift at travel speeds before disappearing forever out the opposite gate.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 13. May 23, 03:17

Happy to hear people enjoying the mod. As for the issues you are having StarKelp, this is something which probably has nothing to do with my mod in particular, but may be the cause of something having a bad effect on it, not sure. I mean, I have tested FOCW Corporations a lot and never had a crash because of it. I looked at the log and didn't see anything in there to give any clues. You certainly have a ton of errors from faction war though.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 13. May 23, 04:32

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 13. May 23, 03:17
Happy to hear people enjoying the mod. As for the issues you are having StarKelp, this is something which probably has nothing to do with my mod in particular, but may be the cause of something having a bad effect on it, not sure. I mean, I have tested FOCW Corporations a lot and never had a crash because of it. I looked at the log and didn't see anything in there to give any clues. You certainly have a ton of errors from faction war though.
I'm really enjoying it. I reduced the number of stations a bit, along with disabling the jobs files from certain other mods and my FPS is back to above 60. I left the VRO jobs file intact and use FOCW to control how many other ships are in my galaxy. I found reducing the stations that need to be simulated like ships helped but it still populates the galaxy some and makes it busy.

StarKelp
x4

Post by StarKelp » Sat, 13. May 23, 18:13

Entirely fair, I did greatly enjoy the mod prior to that. In particular it was a nice interactive source of build station missions that one could tap into, so I will most assuredly install it again on future playthroughs, minus Dynamic Wars.

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 15:57

Interesting mod, reminds me of litcubes universe mod from x3ap and the phanon corporation that was an enemy corp playing the game like you pretty much, buying ships, stations, expanding and they would attack your assets when possible. If you ignored them you could lose the game because they could get too strong. That would still take a long time and it would be very hard to actually lose the game especially once you fully understood how to play x3. I assume this mod isn't really like that from reading the description? but man i wish someone would do something similar, it would probably be a big undertaking though

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 17:29

Crypticguy wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 15:57
Interesting mod, reminds me of litcubes universe mod from x3ap and the phanon corporation that was an enemy corp playing the game like you pretty much, buying ships, stations, expanding and they would attack your assets when possible. If you ignored them you could lose the game because they could get too strong. That would still take a long time and it would be very hard to actually lose the game especially once you fully understood how to play x3. I assume this mod isn't really like that from reading the description? but man i wish someone would do something similar, it would probably be a big undertaking though
Yeah this isn’t like that. This is meant to be more for immersion. You can fight the corporations but they wouldn’t be much of a threat to the player honestly.

I am thinking of making something in that vein though. Although it won’t exactly be like that, but I am thinking of making an enemy corporation that will grow and get stronger over time and come after the player. I have different ideas than phanon and it wouldn’t be quite as sophisticated but it should be able to do something similar. Basically the idea is, they start by building one station and will eventually build more, the more stations they have the more ships they can build, etc. you can wipe them out by destroying all stations, etc.

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 19:01

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 17:29
Crypticguy wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 15:57
Yeah this isn’t like that. This is meant to be more for immersion. You can fight the corporations but they wouldn’t be much of a threat to the player honestly.

I am thinking of making something in that vein though. Although it won’t exactly be like that, but I am thinking of making an enemy corporation that will grow and get stronger over time and come after the player. I have different ideas than phanon and it wouldn’t be quite as sophisticated but it should be able to do something similar. Basically the idea is, they start by building one station and will eventually build more, the more stations they have the more ships they can build, etc. you can wipe them out by destroying all stations, etc.
that sounds very good, looking forward to it

wildfoodiemiku

Post by wildfoodiemiku » Thu, 22. Jun 23, 02:16

Hi, let me report a issue after 6.1 update.
issue:
building an Orca with predefined loadout in boron shipyard, game CTD at the point when it finish building. some other player finding the trigger of this issue related to adding manager/pilot as crew so I narrow down here. (they also notice it affect 'ships from the last 2 expansions')

some test:
Temporarily remove this mod for a test and no CTD happens, can you have a check when you have time?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 22. Jun 23, 16:22

wildfoodiemiku wrote:
Thu, 22. Jun 23, 02:16
issue:
building an Orca with predefined loadout in boron shipyard, game CTD at the point when it finish building. some other player finding the trigger of this issue related to adding manager/pilot as crew so I narrow down here. (they also notice it affect 'ships from the last 2 expansions')

some test:
Temporarily remove this mod for a test and no CTD happens, can you have a check when you have time?
Are you saying that a CTD was caused when you tried to hire a manager/pilot after building a new ship? Ah, maybe because I didn't add boron to the manager/pilot options or something.

wildfoodiemiku

Post by wildfoodiemiku » Fri, 23. Jun 23, 12:33

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 22. Jun 23, 16:22
wildfoodiemiku wrote:
issue:

some test:
Are you saying that a CTD was caused when you tried to hire a manager/pilot after building a new ship? Ah, maybe because I didn't add boron to the manager/pilot options or something.
In my case I build the Orca from Born shipyard with high preset loadout (it will recruit crew, marine, pilot and manager for the ship), then when ship finish building it justCTD.

Other users claim they found the issue is triggered by adding pilot/manager as crew but they do not know which mod is doing this. I know focw corporation is adding this so I did a test to disable the mod and issue is gone. I have no idea how do they locate issue to this specific part though.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 23. Jun 23, 15:04

wildfoodiemiku wrote:
Fri, 23. Jun 23, 12:33
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 22. Jun 23, 16:22
wildfoodiemiku wrote:
issue:

some test:
In my case I build the Orca from Born shipyard with high preset loadout (it will recruit crew, marine, pilot and manager for the ship), then when ship finish building it justCTD.

Other users claim they found the issue is triggered by adding pilot/manager as crew but they do not know which mod is doing this. I know focw corporation is adding this so I did a test to disable the mod and issue is gone. I have no idea how do they locate issue to this specific part though.
It is happening because you are ordering a ship from the BORON and hiring a pilot/manager that doesn't exist. I didn't set it up for the boron I think. I might have forgotten so maybe that is why.

Taran14
x4

Post by Taran14 » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 02:48

Hi BlackRain! Thank you for making this mod. I really enjoyed itin a previous playthrough and would love to play around with it again. Any chance you will come back to it and update it for the Boron?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 20:12

Taran14 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jul 23, 02:48
Hi BlackRain! Thank you for making this mod. I really enjoyed itin a previous playthrough and would love to play around with it again. Any chance you will come back to it and update it for the Boron?
You can still use the mod but I know people wanted some boron companies. I do plan to get to it eventually, but no timeframe at this time.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.0

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Jul 23, 21:08

FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.0

Many changes and fixes so the version is now 3.0

1) Fully compatible now with Boron DLC. 3 Boron Corporations have joined the Universe!
2) Changed initial corporation activation, now there will be 8 Corporations activated at game start, and generally 1 corporation for Each faction will activate at game start.
3) Fixed a number of bugs and issues.
4) Fixed crash when hiring Boron Pilots and Managers.
5) Increased number of Trade and mining ships that Corporations will purchase and use.
6) Hatikvah will now build a shipyard and a wharf and may take over one or two of the unowned sectors causing corporations to focus on building stations in those sectors (Corporations will build in Hatikvah sectors in addition to their main faction sectors). This essentially creates neutral sectors where crime may be higher but there is a lot of economic activity. Mercenaries and Corp trade ships will begin to accumulate in these areas over a long period of time.

Please let me know if there are any issues, I did not have an extended time to test yet.

I didn't really have time to check the new colors for the Boron Corporations and it is a pain to change and test these lol, but if anyone has some feedback on how I should change the colors let me know. Especially if you already have numbers you can give to add to the color RGB.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Jul 23, 22:16

If you already downloaded before the time of this post, please redownload. I forgot to delete some changes which aren't supposed to be in this mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Jul 23, 22:18

I have been testing for a day now and I haven't noticed any issues as of yet, if anything it is running better than ever. Corporations have really come much more alive, hopefully you are experiencing the same. Let me know if there are any issues you notice or just let me know how things are going or what you have seen, thanks.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 24. Jul 23, 17:41

Cool, thanks for the update.

The Hatikvah ship building facilities are most welcome. Did you progress any further with offering the same for the SCA Faction? I think you mentioned your game (at the time) had such facilities, but I don't think it was from the release version of this mod or FOCW - there certainly aren't any in my game.

I have a game in progress with the previously version, in which I've deliberately not started the Boron plot line. I assume this will integrate appropriately, with no Boron Corporations appearing just yet? I assume the Boron Corps. ARE actual Borons, and not just Boron-aligned but from other races?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. Jul 23, 20:50

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 24. Jul 23, 17:41
Cool, thanks for the update.

The Hatikvah ship building facilities are most welcome. Did you progress any further with offering the same for the SCA Faction? I think you mentioned your game (at the time) had such facilities, but I don't think it was from the release version of this mod or FOCW - there certainly aren't any in my game.

I have a game in progress with the previously version, in which I've deliberately not started the Boron plot line. I assume this will integrate appropriately, with no Boron Corporations appearing just yet? I assume the Boron Corps. ARE actual Borons, and not just Boron-aligned but from other races?
Hey, I didn't do anything with SCA yet, it was just a possible idea. I may or may not do it but it would be a different mod, basically a pirate mod.

As for the Boron Corporations, they are boron race. I didn't take into account the plot at all so the factions will spawn at gamestart but you won't be able to see them or interact with them I guess until the gate gets opened.

Well, the way it works is when you start a new game, one corporation for each faction will be activated (since you aren't starting a new game this won't happen).

After that, random corporations are chosen to build stations. There are 3 Boron Corporations so it isn't guaranteed that any of them will activate and start building stuff, but there is a chance they could. I think a 1 in 8 chance that a Boron corp might be chosen.

However, if you did not activate the Boron Gate yet, you shouldn't be able to see any of them. Actually, they might be able to build in Hatikvah space but the chances are even lower for this so I doubt you will see it but again it is possible.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 12:45

Cool, it'd be interesting to see SCA as a proper faction with their own ship building facilities, maybe one day lol.

So, are the Boron Corporations limited to building in Boron space, or can they expand beyond that? Does the implementation of where they build obey the "open gates" rule, in that they cannot expand past that closed (until certain plot point) gate linking the first set of Boron territories to Heretic's End? Further, how about when the second set of sectors opens up? Just don't want to see Boron Corporations appearing before they should, if you know what I mean. The game will already spawn Boron NPC's on my own stations before the Gate is open, which is jarring, don't know if they've fixed that in the current Beta or not.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”