[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.40

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 18:09

Berni wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 17:00
Hello Blackrain, can you do something about the "unbalanced" economy?

i've setup Argon/Ant/Hat vs. Paranids, but the Xenon always win because they only need energy cells and ore for their ships^^

i had a few awesome spacebattles for 4-5h between the factions but now all their Wharfs and shipyards ran dry^^ no more hull parts - no more ships...

now one xenon R or I can freeroam through all systems and lay waste to everything in it's path :(

Well, it is difficult to resolve this as every game is different. In my game, the economy was going pretty strong even after ten days of actual real game time. Also, it could depend on what mods you are using too. I know with Faction war mod it seems to really drain the economy badly and you will definitely run into issues. There are some economy tweaks in that mod, but it still happens. If using the vanilla factionlogic, it shouldn't be that bad. You might have to get involved somewhat in the economy, but all I needed to do was trade in hull parts for a while and it was good. Get a few traders focused on filling shipyards/wharfs with hull parts. Also, the extra stations from this mod should help but that is assuming they get built. It all depends on if you start a new game or not too.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:04

Hi Blackrain,

As I run multiple mods, I'm not totally sure if yours is the one with the error here. However, some ships belonging to the "Dal"Family Dal Faction show as "Dal =ReadText40000-137=" followed by the ship name and ID. I've not seen this error with any regular faction ships, but that might just be coincidence.

Note: the ship in question I have this issue with currently is an "Astral" added by the XR Ship Pack, so perhaps the issue lies with that mod? I will post on that thread also.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:20

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:04
Hi Blackrain,

As I run multiple mods, I'm not totally sure if yours is the one with the error here. However, some ships belonging to the "Dal"Family Dal Faction show as "Dal =ReadText40000-137=" followed by the ship name and ID. I've not seen this error with any regular faction ships, but that might just be coincidence.

Note: the ship in question I have this issue with currently is an "Astral" added by the XR Ship Pack, so perhaps the issue lies with that mod? I will post on that thread also.

Scoob.
Yeah it is most likely that the other made makes changes to the T file and it is conflicting. The 40000 - 137 refers to my lines in the T file. I am not sure why they would conflict though. It should say Dal Family Freighter in game. Oh, are you using FOCW too? My two T files might be conflicting. I mention in the OP that you should replace the T file I have with the one in the OP if you are using FOCW

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:24

If they still conflict, try editing the T file and put all the same lines in it as the FOCW Corporations Revised.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:28

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:20
Yeah it is most likely that the other made makes changes to the T file and it is conflicting. The 40000 - 137 refers to my lines in the T file. I am not sure why they would conflict though. It should say Dal Family Freighter in game. Oh, are you using FOCW too? My two T files might be conflicting. I mention in the OP that you should replace the T file I have with the one in the OP if you are using FOCW
I have done the T file replacement as instructed, plus, when updating a mod, I always delete the folder, copy the new version then make any tweaks - such as config changes / copying that T file - again. So, I don't think I could have made a mistake.

I've been using XR Ship Pack with FOCW and Corporations Revised previously - the prior versions of each mod - and I don't recall seeing this issue. I will of course, delete both mods and copy them across again and make the edits to be sure. Just wanting to play for a bit longer and note down any examples of this issue I see so I can paint a fuller picture.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:37

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:28
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:20
I have done the T file replacement as instructed, plus, when updating a mod, I always delete the folder, copy the new version then make any tweaks - such as config changes / copying that T file - again. So, I don't think I could have made a mistake.

I've been using XR Ship Pack with FOCW and Corporations Revised previously - the prior versions of each mod - and I don't recall seeing this issue. I will of course, delete both mods and copy them across again and make the edits to be sure. Just wanting to play for a bit longer and note down any examples of this issue I see so I can paint a fuller picture.

Scoob.
You don't need to delete the whole thing, just the T file alone. There seems to be some kind of conflict with T files going on but I am not sure what. Try deleting the T file from the FOCW t folder (having the FOCW Corporations one is enough). At least for this particular issue.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:54

Ok, I'll try that. Cheers.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:16

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:54
Ok, I'll try that. Cheers.

Scoob.
Let me know if it works. It is weird because I am not seeing the issue despite using both mods, so it could be a third mod which is conflicting.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:31

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:16
Let me know if it works. It is weird because I am not seeing the issue despite using both mods, so it could be a third mod which is conflicting.
To be sure, I deleted both FOCW and Corporations Revised from my game folder. I then copied the latest versions over, deleting the 0001.xml file from FOCW. The issue persists.

Note: FOCW retains the 0001-L081.xml as that's not mentioned, I just deleted 0001.xml from that FOC sub-folder.

Note 2: So far, it's only "Dal" ships that are affected, others are fine. I've now seen vanilla (not from mods) ships owned by "Dal" with the issue.

Scoob.
Last edited by Scoob on Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:32

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:31
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:16
To be sure, I deleted both FOCW and Corporations Revised from my game folder. I then copied the latest versions over, deleting the 0001.xml file from FOCW. The issue persists.

Note: FOCW retains the 0001-L081.xml as that's not mentioned, I just deleted 0001.xml from that FOC sub-folder.

Scoob.
What mods are you using?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:34

I'm using:

- VRO, which I don't think adjusts recipes at all
- FOCW, which added additional ship groups
- FOCW Corporations Revisited, which adds additional minor Factions
- XR Ship Pack, which adds more ships
- Tater Trader, trade scripts
- Better Kill Credit, cash rewards for player-own ship kills
- Mules and Warehouses, trade / logistics stuff
- Better Piracy and TrueCapture, guidance / tweaks to bailing.
- X4 Fire and Smoke, visual explosion effects.

(Just copied that from another thread of mine, ignore the extra bits)

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:38

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:34
I'm using:

- VRO, which I don't think adjusts recipes at all
- FOCW, which added additional ship groups
- FOCW Corporations Revisited, which adds additional minor Factions
- XR Ship Pack, which adds more ships
- Tater Trader, trade scripts
- Better Kill Credit, cash rewards for player-own ship kills
- Mules and Warehouses, trade / logistics stuff
- Better Piracy and TrueCapture, guidance / tweaks to bailing.
- X4 Fire and Smoke, visual explosion effects.

(Just copied that from another thread of mine, ignore the extra bits)

Scoob.
Can you tell me which of those has a T file?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:44

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:38
I just noticed that the 0001.xml (in Corporations Revised, the one I kept) only goes up to <t id="136> whereas the ship with the missing text is looking for entry 137.

Edit: as a quick test, I added an entry for 137 and I get a proper name for the ships now. Sure, it's just "TEST" currently, but it proves the point I think.

As for your question:

Tater Trader also uses 0001-l81.xml, as does Better Piracy and XR Ship Pack. Dunno if that's relevant?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:51

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:44
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:38
I just noticed that the 0001.xml (in Corporations Revised, the one I kept) only goes up to <t id="136> whereas the ship with the missing text is looking for entry 137.

Edit: as a quick test, I added an entry for 137 and I get a proper name for the ships now. Sure, it's just "TEST" currently, but it proves the point I think.

As for your question:

Tater Trader also uses 0001-l81.xml, as does Better Piracy and XR Ship Pack. Dunno if that's relevant?

Scoob.
Oh that is weird, maybe I forgot to put the right T file in there

It should have this at the end of it

<t id="135">Corporate Freighter</t>
<t id="136">Corporate Miner</t>
<t id="137">Family Freighter</t>
<t id="138">Family Miner</t>

Just add those lines in there if they aren't there. You need them.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 22:00

Cool, I will edit my t file accordingly.

I did download FOCW Corporations Revised on the 17th at 16:45 GMT, has there been an update since then?

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 22:12

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 22:00
Cool, I will edit my t file accordingly.

I did download FOCW Corporations Revised on the 17th at 16:45 GMT, has there been an update since then?

Scoob.
No, I just forgot to add the new t file. it should be fine now for u

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 03:09

Heya, how well does it work with Terrans? any issues?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 03:15

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 03:09
I didn't establish any Terran corporations, however it seems to work just fine. I see corporation miners and traders in Terran space. The Corporations aren't set to build in Terrans space but the miners may help. Did you want to know anything specifically? I may add some Terran Corporations in the future though.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 17:17

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 03:15
Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 03:09
I didn't establish any Terran corporations, however it seems to work just fine. I see corporation miners and traders in Terran space. The Corporations aren't set to build in Terrans space but the miners may help. Did you want to know anything specifically? I may add some Terran Corporations in the future though.
nope, thanks. Just wanted to try it for my new playthrough :)

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 18:24

This is not compatible with XRshippack i guess ?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”