[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 29 Sep: Kuda: game-freezing bug-fix, and 7 other updates

Post by kuertee » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 04:07

Hey debstar! Thanks heaps for the links. I'll investigate.

There was a bug in versions before 5.1.0308 that prevented the ships from using the MOVE TO ENGAGE POSITION behaviour.
That behaviour prevented the ships from ramming into their targets.
But it sounds like what you're experiencing is something else.
I'll investigate.

Re: VRO, the mod should be fine with VRO.
A player has been helping me with the next version by testing my (almost daily) dev versions and by suggesting features and changes.
Our convo is in the mod's Nexusmods page.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Newinger
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 29 Sep: Kuda: game-freezing bug-fix, and 7 other updates

Post by Newinger » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 09:43

Hi Kuertee,

once again thanks for your hard work. Most of your mods have become essential for playing X4 for me.

If I may, I have one idea for another mod, and I can imagine that you are competent enough to maybe realise such thing :D

Let's call it "planetary upkeep" or "faction civil upkeep". One thing always nagging me was that the whole X economy is only in space. Everything is produced in space, but not, as it should be, for the normal citzens living on planets. Also it is only used for keeping the war machine going. Actually, living in the X4 universe must be a dystopian nightmare. If I'd be a government building a factory in space, I'd do it first and foremost for the planet below, to feed my people, without destroying the natural enviroment.

To satisfy this my mental nagging without too much effort, in the current X4, it could be symbolized with some kind of "planetary upkeep tax", but not paid in money, but in goods (symbolizing the goods shipped to planets).

To make it even easier, this "planetary upkeep tax in goods" would be taken by the normal factions (i.e. Teladi, Terrans, Argonians, Paranid, Split), but not the various pirates, Xenon, Khaak. Regularly, they would simply take away a fixed percentage of the goods stored in some types of factories (food, medicine, power plants). This percentage would just be removed from these stations inventory and "vanish" from actual gameplay (this is the symbolized "tax paid in goods"). (Maybe visually it could be shown with an increased mass traffic during that time or something like that).

UI-wise, it could be just another new menu (similiar like the professions) - a screen or table for each station summarizing which and how many goods have been transferred away.

-> so basically, reduce the amount of wares in storage regularly and make a UI calling it "goods used for planetary upkeep" (and thus not available for war gameplay).

I could imagine that you could program such a thing easily :D (This is not a real request... well... maybe it is ... but of course only if it is interesting for you too.)

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 12:30

Newinger wrote:
Sun, 9. Oct 22, 09:43
To make it even easier, this "planetary upkeep tax in goods" would be taken by the normal factions (i.e. Teladi, Terrans, Argonians, Paranid, Split), but not the various pirates, Xenon, Khaak. Regularly, they would simply take away a fixed percentage of the goods stored in some types of factories (food, medicine, power plants). This percentage would just be removed from these stations inventory and "vanish" from actual gameplay (this is the symbolized "tax paid in goods"). (Maybe visually it could be shown with an increased mass traffic during that time or something like that).
This kind of feature already exists in a mod: DeadAir Fill.
It can be used to fill or remove from stations. Most players likely use it to fill the AI stations so they can build more ships for war heavy starts. But the mod developer himself uses it for emptying stations, if I remember right.
viewtopic.php?t=434243
DeadAir Fill
Removes/Adds cargo from tradestations/shipyards/wharfs/equipment docks at adjustable intervals
Allows user to define minimum and maximum cargo levels for Trade Stations (TS)
Allows user to define minimum cargo level at Shipyard/Wharf/Equipdock
Rewards random L/XL ship with a shipmod if faction reaches %max ware at TS
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/deadairfil ... /tag/v1.25

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 12:42

magitsu wrote:
Sun, 9. Oct 22, 12:30
Thanks for the heads up - gameplay wise it would probably have a similar effect. I think I just want the removed ware focused on civilian products only and having some place in the user interface that tells me: Here, these products went to the Argonian civil population (because war is not everything). :D

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 10. Oct 22, 15:24

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 9. Oct 22, 04:07
Hey debstar! Thanks heaps for the links. I'll investigate. ... SNIPPED ... Re: VRO, the mod should be fine with VRO. A player has been helping me with the next version by testing my (almost daily) dev versions and by suggesting features and changes. Our convo is in the mod's Nexusmods page.
Hey depstart, I tested your save, and it looks like the ships are performing as expected (but with Kuda's new unreleased version). I'm hoping to release it in the next couple of days. It's been in "heavy" development since the last release with the help of EagleFour (from Nexusmods convo) who has been testing and giving me feedback on it.

https://imgur.com/a/3nZPIHq

EDIT: By the way, the fleet's formation, currently CROSS, is kept intact even with Kuda enabled. END EDIT.

Newinger wrote:
Sun, 9. Oct 22, 09:43
Hi Kuertee, once again thanks for your hard work. Most of your mods have become essential for playing X4 for me. ... SNIPPED ... "planetary upkeep tax", but not paid in money, but in goods (symbolizing the goods shipped to planets). ... This percentage would just be removed from these stations inventory and "vanish" from actual gameplay (this is the symbolized "tax paid in goods"). (Maybe visually it could be shown with an increased mass traffic during that time or something like that). ... UI-wise, it could be just another new menu (similiar like the professions) - a screen or table for each station summarizing which and how many goods have been transferred away. ... -> so basically, reduce the amount of wares in storage regularly and make a UI calling it "goods used for planetary upkeep" (and thus not available for war gameplay). I could imagine that you could program such a thing easily :D (This is not a real request... well... maybe it is ... but of course only if it is interesting for you too.)
magitsu wrote:
Sun, 9. Oct 22, 12:30
It can be used to fill or remove from stations. ... SNIPPED
You know, I never considered any of the planets in the X4 galaxy to be habitable. I always considered the population living "elsewhere" and migrating to the stations to live their lives in the X4 galaxy. But ... of course! some of the planets would be habited. I've seen city lights on the dark side of planets - if my memory is correct. My brain just didn't kick over to thinking that they would be. (Also, I've not even gotten near to the terraforming missions. I don't even know which missions lead to them :D)

As for the general populace, I did have an idea of emulating ste3ll4r15's luxury goods economy. The mod would have new wares named "home goods", "luxury goods", etc. And the mod would also have other adjustments to productivity based on mood and have other things like revolt, etc.

But ... I'm too busy as it is. Thanks for your suggestions anyway. But, yes, more suggestions that the planets are also alive would definitely help with the immersion - even if they would just be numbers in the UI.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:16

Hi,

Something odd is going on in my game. I took my base, modded install - in which I have a game in progress - and added several of your mods, namely:

Kuda AI Tweaks
Emergent Missions
More Generic Missions
NPC Reactions
UI Extensions

I already have Sir Nuke's UI tweaks (latest) installed.

I started a fresh game, Young Gun start, and have noticed that I no longer get the "Surrender" Dialogue option...ever. I've tested this vs. multiple ships now, and the option is just never there any more. Literally the only change I've made to the build is the items listed above, I wonder if I've missed something and this dialogue option has changed? Should any of these items removed the Surrender option? I do, traditionally, get the occasional bail from using it, plus it can be used on other ships in combat of course, those not directly engaged by the player, for the odd, rare, cheeky bail.

Edit: Ok, I'm getting general UI gremlins with these items installed, and one of them appears to be the culprit. I'm having a generally less responsive UI than usual, plus it'll often simply not populate the sector list on the left. It shows player Property Owned - just one ship, I just started - but not all the other ships and stations belonging to the other factions...it's most odd! Some sort of mod conflict perhaps?

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:28

I tested Young Gun start with the new Kuda and those rest + more. No problem. Targeting a ship, pressing C brings up menu where 1 is surrender, 4 where can i find and 6 goodbye.
So it might be your mod setup related.
Last edited by magitsu on Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:33, edited 2 times in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:32

magitsu wrote:
Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:28
I tested Young Gun start with the new Kuda and those rest + more. No problem. Targeting a ship, pressing C brings up menu where 1 is surrender, 4 where can i find and 6 goodbye.
So it might be your mod setup related.
Thanks for testing. Must be a conflict then as it doesn't do it in my game-in-progress that doesn't have those mods. Can't think what might be conflicting though.

Edit: Hmm, must be something else. While my game-in-progress is fine, starting a new game - on that exact build - sees the Surrender option absent. I might rebuild the instance from scratch - I keep a base, clean GoG copy of the game to create a new instance, then apply mods, perhaps something has become broken.
Last edited by Scoob on Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:33

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:32
Thanks for testing. Must be a conflict then as it doesn't do it in my game-in-progress that doesn't have those mods. Can't think what might be conflicting though.
When looking at Sirnuke's Nexus comments it feels somewhat fishy. I seem to have his mod through Steam Workshop instead of Nexus. So you could try deleting it and resubscribing it at Workshop. Maybe it's corrupted download?
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/503
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2042901274

edit: oh... Gog game.. i guess you won't be subbing it on steam workshop instead of nexus.
Last edited by magitsu on Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:36

I can't subscribe to workshop items as I don't own the game on Steam, just GoG.

Edit: :) I'm redownloading anyway, just in case, also doing a file verify of my base install before creating a new instance. Whenever I do a file verify of X4 in the GoG client it *always* downloads 134MB of data... and it's done that again, so I assume that means all is well.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:42

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:36
I can't subscribe to workshop items as I don't own the game on Steam, just GoG.

Edit: :) I'm redownloading anyway, just in case, also doing a file verify of my base install before creating a new instance. Whenever I do a file verify of X4 in the GoG client it *always* downloads 134MB of data... and it's done that again, so I assume that means all is well.
Take it from this zip which I'll take down as soon as you do. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yC2A7M ... sp=sharing

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 21:49

Thanks, got it.

Edit: The only difference I can see is in the "Content.xml" Yours is 2KB mine (from Nexus, fresh download) is 1KB. Your one has some additional header stuff, that I assume is needed by Steam, but not present in the Nexus version. Will see if this version works on my GoG copy, I assume it'll be fine. I've seen Steam workshop mods uploaded to the Nexus with this header stuff before and they've worked.

Edit 2: Hmm, still no "Surrender" option when continuing that new game, will try a fresh start. I think this *isn't* linked to the listed Kuertee mods after all, odd coincidence the issues start after installing them though!

Edit 3: Nope, still no surrender option in a fresh start....this is weird. I'm evidently too tired to figure this out this eve, I'll come back to it another day.

Edit 4: As a final sanity check I fired up a fully vanilla Young Gun start....Surrender is there...must be one of my other mods miss-behaving...though they were working fine, and I've not played much X4 for a while.

Edit 5: Sorry, I can't let things go evidently. However, I *think* I've gotten to the bottom of it. I had some traces of the "Better Piracy" mod installed, which I think is what breaks the "Surrender" option as it replaces it with a context-sensitive "Harass" option in a target ship's context menu. Oddly thought, I have had this mod AND the surrender option active at the time time previously. Will do some more checking when I get time, thouh I'd best not clutter up this thread any further. Sorry for the false alarm.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 00:30

Hello !

I'm having an issue with NPC Reactions, after a few hours (~20h) I'm unable to access the player tab.

I cannot right click on the icon, if I go back to the map (or other top icon) and then go to the player tab, the last icon I've clicked will open but I can't do anything on it.

I have to press escape twice so something is opening.

It's about the same issue I had the lat time I've posted when there was a problem with G workaround (I've ditched it for a new playthrough).

Any ideas ? Could it be because I have too much loans and the Teladi are hacking my game ?

EDIT:

It seems to be an issue with the loans...

When you have a lot of debt like me, the MIN hack your game to get its money back

You have to deactivate the NPC Reactions mod, launch the game, save, activate the mod, close the game, launch again and it's working

You are now debt free and the mod is working again

It could break immersion for a RP game, I was trying to pay my debt like an honest citizen but it wasn't enough

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 06:02

Mystershow wrote:
Mon, 17. Oct 22, 00:30
Hello ! I'm having an issue with NPC Reactions, after a few hours (~20h) I'm unable to access the player tab. I cannot right click on the icon, if I go back to the map (or other top icon) and then go to the player tab, the last icon I've clicked will open but I can't do anything on it. I have to press escape twice so something is opening. It's about the same issue I had the lat time I've posted when there was a problem with G workaround (I've ditched it for a new playthrough). Any ideas ? Could it be because I have too much loans and the Teladi are hacking my game ?

EDIT: It seems to be an issue with the loans... When you have a lot of debt like me, the MIN hack your game to get its money back You have to deactivate the NPC Reactions mod, launch the game, save, activate the mod, close the game, launch again and it's working You are now debt free and the mod is working again It could break immersion for a RP game, I was trying to pay my debt like an honest citizen but it wasn't enough
Hey Mystershow! I just checked this out now. I forced my one loan to be displayed 50 times. And it looks ok. I mean that it doesn't break the menu: https://imgur.com/a/m5wgmNj
Would you happen to have an old save game?
Or better yet, with that old save, provide a debug log to me at kuertee@gmail.com?
Instructions on how to get the debug log is in the "Debugging" section of NPC Reactions mod description on Nexusmods and in the read-me in the ZIP.
Just make sure that you make the mod break the game so that activity and error is logged.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 12:21

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 17. Oct 22, 06:02
EDIT: It seems to be an issue with the loans... When you have a lot of debt like me, the MIN hack your game to get its money back You have to deactivate the NPC Reactions mod, launch the game, save, activate the mod, close the game, launch again and it's working You are now debt free and the mod is working again It could break immersion for a RP game, I was trying to pay my debt like an honest citizen but it wasn't enough
It was some very old debts (like 20 hours +) so maybe it was related to that

It could be a compatibility issue but I don't think so
kuertee wrote:
Mon, 17. Oct 22, 06:02
Hey Mystershow! I just checked this out now. I forced my one loan to be displayed 50 times. And it looks ok. I mean that it doesn't break the menu: https://imgur.com/a/m5wgmNj
Would you happen to have an old save game?
Or better yet, with that old save, provide a debug log to me at kuertee@gmail.com?
Instructions on how to get the debug log is in the "Debugging" section of NPC Reactions mod description on Nexusmods and in the read-me in the ZIP.
Just make sure that you make the mod break the game so that activity and error is logged.
I'll do that later, no problem for the debug as well

I'll check a before/after save and the new one which has resolved the issue

Thanks for the quick response, it's not really an issue for me since I've found a way but I would like to understand ^^

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 31 Oct updates: Alts to death, Surf el targeting, Wear and tear, etc.

Post by kuertee » Mon, 31. Oct 22, 11:15

Updates, 31 Oct 2022
Alternatives to death https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Bug-fix: The pause at 3 seconds countdown to destruction while a menu is open wasn't working.
Auto-camera, auto-pilot, and auto-pause https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Tweak: Better stop autopilot earlier code.
-Tweak: Fly-by combat camera placement tweaks. E.g. The camera is placed between the small attacking ship that it is tracking v its large ship target so that the large ship comes into view in the small ship's attack run.
-Tweak: Static combat camera placement v station. The secondary camera object is a random station module rather than the station itself. E.g. The camera would be placed so that that the attacking L/XL ship and the module are in view rather than the ship and the station origin.
Emergent missions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/780
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Bug-fix: The Sector Raid missions are now attached to War Subscriptions missions when appropriate.
-Tweak: More granular reward multiplier Extension Option.
-Tweak: Allow Sector Patrol/Raid missions to continue, if already started, even if the faction mission goal has stopped.
More generic missions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/622
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313 beta, 31 Oct 2022:
-New Extension Options setting: Stations multiplier for max missions per sector: Overriding the number of preferred missions to generate is the number of stations in the sector multiplied by this number. In the base game, this factor is 0.5. With this mod, the default is 2.
NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Spoiler
Show
v.5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Bug-fix: Clean-up of data of loans at destroyed (or removed) stations was not happening causing the UI to crash.
Reputations and professions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Tweak: Reformatted the Tour of Duties list to follow the Completed:Failed missions list.
-Tweak: Sector Raid missions that are attached to War Subscription missions from the Emergent Missions mod are now Tour of Duties.
Social standings and citizenships https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/804
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Tweak: Renamed the requirements for the Terran faction to elevate them without changing the actual requirements. "Resident" to "Settler". "Citizen" to "Colonist". "Militia" to "Base commander".
-Bug-fix: Better handling of data on station destruction.
Surface element targeting https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/710
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Bug-fix: Mission targets were not getting auto-targeted properly after destruction of one.
-Bug-fix: Surface elements destroyed by another ship were changing the player's currently targeted surface element.
-Bug-fix: Notification of surface element counts when not necessary.
Wear and tear https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/523
Spoiler
Show
v5.1.03131, 31 Oct 2022:
-Bug-fix: Clean-up of data of destroyed ships was sometimes not happening.
v5.1.0313, 31 Oct 2022:
-Bug-fix: Ships with less than 25% hull with any amount of wear and tear were constantly docking to do running repairs on the wear and tear - regardless of wear and tear amount.

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 31 Oct updates: Alts to death, Surf el targeting, Wear and tear, etc.

Post by wanderer » Wed, 2. Nov 22, 07:56

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 31. Oct 22, 11:15
More generic missions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/622
There is a small bug inside the t-file 0001-l049.xml.

Code: Select all

<t id="10">...</t></t>
It has 2 endings tags. This leads to a readtext error, one must be deletetd.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 2. Nov 22, 15:05

wanderer wrote:
Wed, 2. Nov 22, 07:56
kuertee wrote:
Mon, 31. Oct 22, 11:15
...More generic missions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/622...
There is a small bug inside the t-file 0001-l049.xml....It has 2 endings tags. This leads to a readtext error, one must be deletetd.
Good pickup! Thank you for letting me know. I uploaded the fixed version.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 23:54

I think I may have encountered a weird interaction between Alternatives to Death and the teleporter mod.

I got into a fight with a K in my Eclipse and nearly died a couple of times, to the point where Alt2Death told me to evacuate. But I recovered and the ship didn't explode. A couple minutes later, I got out of my chair, went to the teleporter to teleport over to my PHQ, and the moment the action triggered (before I "landed" on the PHQ but after I'd selected it as the target), my Eclipse exploded.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 10:37

kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 14. Nov 22, 23:54
I think I may have encountered a weird interaction between Alternatives to Death and the teleporter mod.

I got into a fight with a K in my Eclipse and nearly died a couple of times, to the point where Alt2Death told me to evacuate. But I recovered and the ship didn't explode. A couple minutes later, I got out of my chair, went to the teleporter to teleport over to my PHQ, and the moment the action triggered (before I "landed" on the PHQ but after I'd selected it as the target), my Eclipse exploded.
Hey kmunoz! Thanks for the bug report. That bug was likely introduced in the last version - when I "fixed" the "pause countdown when in a menu". I'll check it out.

I managed to play X4 in the weekend (Sat and Sun :D) and so have an update to ATD:
1. If you managed to kill your attacker (before the countdown expires, and your ship explodes), destruction is averted.
In the current version, once the mod detects a received DPS higher than your shields + hull, destruction cannot be averted.
And the only way to avert destruction is to fly evasively to decrease DPS BEFORE DPS gets more than your shields and hull.
In my new version, destroying your attacker will avert destruction even after DPS gets over your shields and hull.
2. Because of that change, destruction cannot be averted only when you have no shields and hull left.
Of course, destruction occurs after the countdown ends - allowing your escape.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”