[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Realspace » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 17:55

kasan wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 17:53
Literally was about to download REM when you were pushing the upload, but I have a question. 2.5 says it only contains S engines? Is that correct? If I install this, I won't be able to fly anything but S sized ships? The description isn't very descriptive.
Yes it contains all engines. The overhaul ONLY is for S engines for now, the others are identical as in REM 2.2.8. The classic travel, combat etc. M engines will be overhauled as S in next update. You can use it, all engines are covered. Sorry if I was not clear, will rewrite the description

EDIT: I had to add the patch from the dlcs otherwise those using them will have no thrusters for terrans and pirates, please update to 2.5.2. In the doing I also worked PAR and ARG M, and all M thrusters, similarly to S engines. More M (all M) will come.

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:46

Found a bug - in Greater Profit: Blue Profit fog appears and disappears, and what can I say? When fog disappears sector looks much more beautiful :wink: . Distant fog doesn't disappear though and looks good. I think it'd be a good idea to make dense foggy areas be closer to gas giant's atmosphere or rings and content some surprises/abandoned ships etc., but not to cover whole sectors like in Blue Profit.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 12:17

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:46
Found a bug - in Greater Profit: Blue Profit fog appears and disappears, and what can I say? When fog disappears sector looks much more beautiful :wink: . Distant fog doesn't disappear though and looks good. I think it'd be a good idea to make dense foggy areas be closer to gas giant's atmosphere or rings and content some surprises/abandoned ships etc., but not to cover whole sectors like in Blue Profit.
Ok, thanks. Btw there is no fog in Blue Profit, at least in current version I am playing (still not released). There is only the fog close to the rings, if you travel to the top. It's the ring's dust, away from that is clear. And if you go close to the giant, which is far, you'll have the giant's fog at a certain point. I see, the effect has probably not enough fall-off, will correct or remove

I've finished the engine's overhaul for REM, please update

REM (3) = 2.5.3 VERSION

Description:
L and XL engines work as in 2.2.8, while for all S and M engines now you'll have 3 options:

Mk1, Mk2, Mk3. ...aka: Basic, Standard, Enhanced (3 not 9!) - Thrusters too are mk1, mk2, mk3 (3 not 6!)

All old engines that are no more available to the player, are standardized into one single engine called S Universal Engine that you can not buy, but can find in a captured ship of course or in a starting scenario. This engine is nothing special, a bit less than the Standard mk2 that you can buy. These engines are particularly optimized for NPC ships as they help the AI to maneuver with ease. Not particularly fast nor have significant boost (AI don't seem to use it anyway), but have very strong deceleration engines. You'll see, the battles are perfectly fine also against big ships.

Basic engine is a cheap one, to be used for ships in carriers for instance, less travel and insignificant boost. Or for short range traders.

Standard Engine, aka MK2 is the middleground, both for the player and for player's pilots. It has good travel engine (almost on paar with Mk3) and barely usable boosters that last quite long thou. It is a good all around for traders doing long routes etc. The Standard engine should also help those who don't like too hardcore Newtonian physics. While the ship has still quite a bit of inertia, frontal push ("brake") is stronger and can stop the ship very fast.

Enhanced engine is specially suited to the player only. It has a strong booster that lasts long, not strong as previous version, still usable as afterburners, the player can use at best by cutting engines. The AI can not so it is probably a waste for other pilots. In conclusion, one can chose 3 engines: Basic Mk1 as told for short range, Standard Mk2 for ships not directly used by the player, that the AI can use better than mk3. And Mk3 Enhanced, for the player or the most skilled pilots of the fleet.

Thrusters are threated similarly, there are just 3 version (not 6!): Mk1, Mk2, Mk3. NPC use a thruster that is a bit better than player's Mk2, but less than player's Mk3.

If you prefer the classic way, there are the two other old files: REM(1) and REM(2), updated to 2.2.8.

-------------------------------------------------------

About the standard engine
As it is now, it has a low push booster that lasts quite long thou. For good boosters one has to upgrade to mk3. Was wondering if making the Standard engine diffrent, for "arcade" players. Like having the same strong booster as Mk3 but lasting as in vanilla. To NPC that could use it, it 'd make no difference but yes to the player. For hardcore players that want the inertia this would cut one option, they'd have only the mk3 because standard engine without lasting booster is not usable as afterburners, while now they are.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 14:01

Waiting for the release
Hope it will not require a new game :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 14:25

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 14:01
Waiting for the release
Hope it will not require a new game :D
It won't, but many things will be misplaced and new sectors will have no owner for a while. The logic of concentrating high-tech in core systems will not be available at beginning. Economy in general will follow after some time, I think.
While fresh start makes things instant, much faster economy, I've spent a lot of time refining every little detail. The list is so long I stopped listing them :D
This goes even beyond the mod's needs, economy is faster than vanilla despite the galaxy's size. Xenon have entire systems now, every system has plenty of resources and areas.
In the long, is to be tested..

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 17:04

Sounds interesting :gruebel:
Economy is already rather alive in current version, eager to see how it's going to work in 3.5
Just please don't make xenon "vanilla style" - conquering and wrecking havoc in core systems

Btw yesterday I saw teladi defence platform built right on top of accelerator in Memory of profit :mrgreen:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 22:26

Ok, here we are.
The list of changes is too much, I will write later...

Everything has been revamped in this upgraded version, aka 3.5
You can continue with an old save but I highly suggest to make a fresh start to watch the galaxy in its full glory.

This is not intended as a patch but a fresh new version, so optimal for new starters.

Don't use it if you can't accept to see rearranged gates etc. in your current game. Just wait for the next patch 3.3.5
Indeed I will work on the previous version, 3.3.4, for bug fixing only.

Both versions are supported. Whenever reporting an issue please specify which version and if an old save or new start, thanks.

XRSGE 3.5
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 01:52

3.5 old save
Superhighways were moved too, not only jumpgate? Some of them don't work properly, only with autopilot and entry point is somewhere near shw, not inside as always. Will it change to normal after some time or new game - here I come? :lol:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 08:32

Yes a lot of shws were moved. All were doubled the distances. Some were quadrupled. I tried an old save and were updated. But I usually test in a new start, the only way to check for changes applied or not. Does it happen with all or only some? I can try changing their id. Practically removing and adding anew instead of moving.

Give a look in a new game. I am sure you'll like the differences. I'll be bug fixing the previous version in next days for continuing with old saves. "Old" galaxy was already finished. This one is for a new start, very fast economy, battles start immediately

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 10:42

Well I resume old save for now, partly because I prefer more classic gameplay - X3 style I call it, when battles are more like "skirmishes" rather than "large million ships fleet vs fleet battle in every sector". It causes "wow effect" when you discover debris after recent battle or it happens unpredictably when you don't see any battle for some time and don't expect it and then booom... Don't know how it's going to work now, but I'm afraid it will be vanillla-style: "Mm, xenons destroyed Hatikvah's Faith again....mmm...ok, I will put some laser towers near the gate again....yawn...booooring"
And partly because I'd like to check if split plot works well so as pirate plot (I WANT ASTRID) aaaand partly If I started new game it would be...for 23 time :lol:

Shw issue was in Grand Exchange, will check for more.

Maybe will start new game.... eventually :D
Last edited by ziplock815 on Sat, 4. Feb 23, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:08

Just continue with your game in 3.3 version, it is full of wonder there too. 3.5 is for those starting anew or your next playthrough. "Old" galaxy was ok and balanced, this one is on steroids :D
--------------------------
Btw I've updated REM. More standardization. All engines are Basic, then there are Standard and Enhanced to buy.
Basic has good performance, good travel, decent booster (despite limited in duration).
This should make everything more coherent, any NPC ship being more predictable.
I observed some battles and the AI is not so scarce, mean they use to make the 180° turn and boost. So having decent boosters helps them too.
Difference among Mk1 to mk3 is not big, neither the price. Same goes for thrusters. All are basic, then you can buy m2 and m3, but basic is not so scarce.
Price gap is not huge, resources needed also. I did not want the game to remain without engines bc base resources needed are higher.
They are indeed higher than the very cheap vanilla mk1 but still not so high, so they should cause not stop in production.
Mk2 and Mk3 on contrary need less resources than vanilla.

REM 2.2.6
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848/

Description:

L and XL, rebalanced, similar as in 2.2.8. For S and M engines now you'll have 3 options options instead of 9:
Mk1, Mk2, Mk3. ...aka: Basic, Standard, Enhanced - Thrusters too are mk1, mk2, mk3

All old engines, that are no more available to the player, are standardized into the Basic Engines, that you can buy too.

Basic engine is a cheaper one (not so cheap as vanilla) still good enough to be used for ships in carriers for instance, having average travel and average boost that lasts less. Good for short range traders too

Standard Engine, aka MK2 is the middleground, both for the player and for player's pilots. It has good travel engine (almost on paar with Mk3) and very usable boosters. It is a good all around for traders doing long routes etc. The Standard engine should also help those who don't like too hardcore Newtonian physics. While the ship has still quite a bit of inertia, frontal push ("brake") is stronger and can stop the ship very fast.

Enhanced engine is specially suited to the player. It has a strong booster that lasts long, not strong as previous version, still usable as afterburners, the player can use at best by cutting engines.

Thrusters are threated similarly, there are just 3 version (not 6!): Mk1, Mk2, Mk3. NPC use the basic thruster.
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 6. Feb 23, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 13:00

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:08
"Old" galaxy was ok and balanced, this one is on steroids :D
Well I hope it is still balanced?

The most important feature for your mod is that everything is slower. Not as stressful as vanilla game. Your mod was mostly fine, only minor issues. I was just hoping for a polished FINAL version.

But now I get the impression that you have again changed everything for a totally different gameplay feel?

Edit: And PLEASE update and shorten your Nexus mod descriptions (severley outdated and confusing) and screenshots.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 14:09

I've made many things but the fast economy is not a must have of this version, that can work without, or with old economy. I implemented it in this new version because people asked for but i can easily make a slower game.

I don't think that the current 3.5 will resolve as in vanilla simply because the systems are so much bigger and protected. And it is full of empty systems. So I don't expect sector's changes in short, only more battles at the borders. Which is fine, makes the universe alive around the player not fast changes.

It is simply meant as new game, for those who want to start now, but the old one is fine and I will correct the few bugs for those who continue the old save.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 16:37

I've already updated to 3.5 and saved, but I have old saves so I'll make backup, just in case :)
Hope SHW's "heal" after some time in game
For now everything is fine, I have almost completed pirate plot. Interesting to see what happens with Leap of Faith sector. I hope there will be no critical issues like that one with accelerator in split plot, will check

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 17:11

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 14:09
I don't think that the current 3.5 will resolve as in vanilla simply because the systems are so much bigger and protected. And it is full of empty systems. So I don't expect sector's changes in short, only more battles at the borders. Which is fine, makes the universe alive around the player not fast changes.
Okay, thanks for clarification.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 17:40

Little thing I noticed right now in 3.5 in the encyclopedia:

Sector "Empire's Edge" has planets "Pious Mists b" with the moon "Pious Mists b I"

Sector "Pious Mists" has planet "Unoly Retribution c" with the moon "Unholy Retribution c I"

Are the sector's related?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 10:05

Nope, it's an error. Thanks

REM updated

REM (3) = 2.5.8 version
(2.5.6 > 2.5.7: difference is basic engines have more boost and travel but less duration and longer attack)
(2.5.7 > 2.5.8: S traders and Miners have better storage, some has also better performance)

I've reduced the gap between engines, so basic engines are better. Good booster, that lasts less, and good travel, that requires longer to attack.

BTW I've added an optional file for starting a different Young Gun Scenario:

* NO SHIP
* 650.000cr (averaging the price of an Elite)
* SETA
...but enemy factions are more

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch for XRSGE Ultimate Plus 3.5
XRSGE = 3.5.1 version
Jobs reduced for a better performance. If your pc can handle the 3.5 version, no need to update. My pc can't...

Expect +70% fps with this patch (and less ships around of course)

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 21:58

Found small issue: when using SHW from Ianamus Zura: New Seizwell Beta to New Seizwell Gamma you fly through planet textures. Actually, no big deal, just a little bit immersion breaking.
In Hewa's Twin Planet Ak Gamma sector description there's "readText"

Arsaneus
x4

Post by Arsaneus » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 12:57

Just wanted to let you guys know that the graphical issues I had (those fancy triangles) in the background are...gone.

One thing has changed. I've installed a new GPU (Went from 6800 XT to a 7900XTX). Same driver version (I've updated after the test). I've tested and had the same issue on my laptop. The laptop was using no dedicate GPU but it was also an RDNA2 based integrated GPU.
So perhaps the issue had something to do with RDNA2 based GPUs? Either way - it magically works now and I can finally start a run :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 17:37

Very good..wish I had not spent days chasing the culprit :mrgreen:
I am going to release the update for 3.5 having the small bug corrections plus some more love for the Pirate/rough sectors aka Sigma Tau and Silent Witness :)
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 10. Feb 23, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”