[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.1)

Post by Realspace » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 20:47

[quote=Moonrat post_id=5153312 time=1672590133 user_id=301305]
[quote=ziplock815 post_id=5153111 time=1672446351 user_id=473948]
Bug report:
After 6 hours of playing I've seen only a couple of L/XL traders and building ships, couple of magpies and that's all. I'm playing pirate gamestart. Could it be a problem connected with using Encounters mod?
P.S. No NPC's on stations in Avarice/Windfall
[/quote]
From my observations, something has may be changed (for the worse?) with the jobs file. The lack of S & M ships with "encounter" ids is also causing a problem for "Encounters" also...
[/quote]
Could you please start a game with my mod ON but jobs.xml removed? Just to see what happens to encounters. To be sure jobs is the reason bc I tried removing it and seems pirate sectors are still lacking ships :sceptic: It seems affecting Split dlc too
I remember that in the old version of XRSGE, where jobs was still vanilla and the mod did not add any, somebody reported the same issue, lacking ships in Pirate sectors. Like jobs file from the dlc is discarded. This happened with god file too then I made a total replacement and solved the issue.
I did the same with jobs but has no success apparently
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

Skaens
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.1)

Post by Skaens » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 21:05

I'm getting a microstutter every 5 or so secounds after completing the Boron Space Station storyline.
Using version 3.3.1 of XRSGE.
NebulonB100

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:08

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 2. Jan 23, 20:47
Could you please start a game with my mod ON but jobs.xml removed? Just to see what happens to encounters. To be sure jobs is the reason bc I tried removing it and seems pirate sectors are still lacking ships :sceptic: It seems affecting Split dlc too
I remember that in the old version of XRSGE, where jobs was still vanilla and the mod did not add any, somebody reported the same issue, lacking ships in Pirate sectors. Like jobs file from the dlc is discarded. This happened with god file too then I made a total replacement and solved the issue.
I did the same with jobs but has no success apparently
I've deleted jobs.file and continued my last save game - S/M ships magically appeared :mrgreen:
To start a new game...I hope you adressed it to Moonrat because...you know how many times I've statred a new game :lol:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:13

Ok guys I think I found the reason why ship won't be created in dlc's economy, it's the damn matchextension="false" attribute. Now you know too, in case you want to mess with jobs file, this attribute is very tricky.
Now Pirate sectors are full of ships, so are Split's and terran's too
I've uploaded the patch
XRSGE_PATCH 3.3.2
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

btw, I've made a new sector for Family Tkr (will be in next update) :)

Moonrat wrote:
Sun, 1. Jan 23, 17:22
From my observations, something has may be changed (for the worse?) with the jobs file. The lack of S & M ships with "encounter" ids is also causing a problem for "Encounters" also...
Please can you check that Encounters works too now? ;-)
ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:08
I've deleted jobs.file and continued my last save game - S/M ships magically appeared :mrgreen:
To start a new game...I hope you adressed it to Moonrat because...you know how many times I've statred a new game :lol:
Don't! :-D no need to start new games if not for testing, just go on with the old save, stations/ships will be added or removed accordingly ;-) The only thing that seems to mess the old saves is the damn sHWs, all the rest is updated

----------------------------------------------

This is about REM. What do you think about me making top speed half (like 2000-3000 instead of 4000-6000 as now) while keeping travel speed the same? This should minimize a lot of AI limits and even make the distances appear wider when moving at normal speeds

My only concern is NPC trade ships not using travel mode :gruebel:
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 2. Jan 23, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:55

Okay, now galaxy is full of ships and I do mean FULL, billions of patrol ships to be precise :lol:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:58

It's the jobs file finally in its full glory! :D :D :D
I can reduce them later, now let's see where this leads bc the galaxy is huge so patrols have to go in many sectors. Also I want to reduce normal speed, as told, this should make them slower since I think they use normal speeds not travel, I think..

There is this new mod in the Nexus that I think will help a lot to find things in the huge sectors of XRSGE, especially needed to quickly find the superhighways:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/967

----------------------------------------------------------------

REM 2.1 LITE VERSION
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
All normal speeds reduced to half, this should help the AI for combats
Travel speed still high even if less
If you prefer faster ships you can still use the previous version

----------------------------------------------------------------

XRSGE 3.3.3 is available
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
* Some small rearrangements
* Fixed the stuttering (this issue is as usual derived by the damage zones so I had to reduce the damage zone in the Void at 48km from the previous 180km)
* Fixed cutscenes happening not at the right gate (I've rewritten many mission md's. Vanilla game uses dlc's as setting values to find race's sectors, my mod has multiple sectors from all dlc + 60 added by the mod, they are all together so I had to specify each sector's belonging).
* Added 2 NEW SECTORS, one in Family Tkr's system, one in Greater Profit's system
* Reduced patrols of S ships
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 3. Jan 23, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 15:31

Like increased patrosl for now - there was one good khaak incursion in Argon Prime and now there're more than one colossus patroling so I can make easy money by capturing them :D
Haven't tried new version yet, have you checked Fires of Defeat planet? Is it something in my side or it's a bug? :gruebel:

Btw, what do you think about a suggestion to decrease local fog and debris fields in some sectors by making them more "zoned"? And about more variety in backgrounds and nebulae - you make magnificent bacgrounds so it'd be good to see more variety in distant/border systems: purple, bright orange nebulae, distant galaxies in the background etc. to make the feeling that jumpgate network is covering different zones of the Universe, not only Milky Way galaxy.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 16:28

Yes I've checked, the planet is perfectly fine with fires on the surface. If you decompressed, some mesh can get corrupted, it happens

About the fog, I am checking during the gameplay, removing some foggy sector in favor of local fog only but I try to keep the scale, you know, asteroid belt that is hundreds thousands of kms, not a few km. I removed the thick fog in Herron's nebula core sectors, for instance.
You should look the new backdrops, I already changed some from bluish to more varied, multicolour. Need latest STARS to have them in game

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 10:07

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:13
Ok guys I think I found the reason why ship won't be created in dlc's economy, it's the damn matchextension="false" attribute. Now you know too, in case you want to mess with jobs file, this attribute is very tricky.
I've uploaded the patch
I've just loaded up the new patches and ships and objects are now being generated in deepspace once again. :)
Not 100% sure the positioning is sometimes Ok but the changes I made in v1.4.1 seem to be functioning fine as far as I can tell. As always feedback is welcome... but changes take time! :wink:
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 17:38

Moonrat wrote:
Wed, 4. Jan 23, 10:07
Realspace wrote:
Mon, 2. Jan 23, 22:13
I've uploaded the patch
I've just loaded up the new patches and ships and objects are now being generated in deepspace once again. :)
Not 100% sure the positioning is sometimes Ok but the changes I made in v1.4.1 seem to be functioning fine as far as I can tell. As always feedback is welcome... but changes take time! :wink:
Great, downloading...
Taking a look I see an add to setup_dlc_pirate.xml. Do you mind adding these sectors too?
macro.cluster_501_sector002_macro
macro.cluster_502_sector002_macro
macro.cluster_503_sector002_macro
They would make the encounters work as intended by you in XRSGE and I imagine would make no harm, being ignored by the script, in vanilla ;-)
Similarly, in setup_dlc_terran.xml adding _sector002_macro to the list of sectors.
Except cluster_100 which is shared between Terran and Antigone, being Circle of Labour (asteroid Belt is 101_sector002). So there only sector001 belongs to Terran

In general, in XRSGE there is always a sector002 for every existing vanilla 001, from base to all dlcs (not a 003 except Avarice).

About encounter's number, does it change the frequency and general units in the universe if I increase Xenon numbers in the jobs? Or does it affect only the quantity in a wing?
As for instance this:

Code: Select all

<!-- Xenon Encounters -->

<job id="xenon_fighter_s_deepspace_single" name="{20204,3401}">
    <modifiers commandeerable="false"/>
    <orders>
      <order order="Patrol" default="true">
        <param name="range" value="class.zone"/>
      </order>
    </orders>
    <category faction="xenon" tags="[military, fighter]" size="ship_s"/>
    <quota galaxy="45"/>
    <location matchextension="false" class="galaxy" macro="xu_ep2_universe_macro" faction="xenon" relation="self" comparison="exact" />
    <environment buildatshipyard="true"/>
    <encounters id="xenon_s_lone"/>
    <ship>
      <select faction="xenon" tags="[fighter, heavy]" size="ship_s"/>
      <owner exact="xenon" overridenpc="true"/>
    </ship>
  </job>
Vanilla is only 15, so I wonder what happens, will the wings contain more ships or will there be more wings /encounters around?
I need to balance for the galaxy, which contains more than 3x the number of sectors (vanilla x2 + dlcs x2 + 60 RSsectors x 2)
Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------

REM 2.1.1 available
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
Bug fix: crazy high travel speed of a combat engine mk3 :D

----------------------------------------------------

Things that are fixed, for the next release of XRSGE:
* superhighways in Hewa twin The Cove - Spaceweed Drift
* accelerator Ministry of Finance I to II

Unfortunally moving superhighways is not updated in next save, while all gates are.
If you see INACTIVE ACCELERATORS (acclerators, NOT gates, those could be intentional), please report, thanks
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 5. Jan 23, 12:29, edited 3 times in total.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 21:51

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 4. Jan 23, 17:38
Taking a look I see an add to setup_dlc_pirate.xml. Do you mind adding these sectors too?
macro.cluster_501_sector002_macro
macro.cluster_502_sector002_macro
macro.cluster_503_sector002_macro
They would make the encounters work as intended by you in XRSGE and I imagine would make no harm, being ignored by the script, in vanilla ;-)
Similarly, in setup_dlc_terran.xml adding _sector002_macro to the list of sectors.
Except cluster_100 which is shared between Terran and Antigone, being Circle of Labour (asteroid Belt is 101_sector002). So there only sector001 belongs to Terran

In general, in XRSGE there is always a sector002 for every existing vanilla 001, from base to all dlcs (not a 003 except Avarice).

About encounter's number, does it change the frequency and general units in the universe if I increase Xenon numbers in the jobs? Or does it affect only the quantity in a wing?

Vanilla is only 15, so I wonder what happens, will the wings contain more ships or will there be more wings /encounters around?
I need to balance for the galaxy, which contains more than 3x the number of sectors (vanilla x2 + dlcs x2 + 60 RSsectors x 2)
I will look to see what I need to do to add those extra clusters for the next version. On the subject of job numbers, I think the wing elements won't affect anything unless they have an "encounters id=" within them but IIRC it tends to be the main parent job that has those. The more jobs with an "encounter id" within them will increase the likelihood of them generating content via my mod. But it's not a one-to-one relationship, and it varies depending on which "encounter id" it is... To be honest it's been a bit hit-and-miss getting the ship/object frequencies right (and even more so as each player probably has their own view of what too much or too little is). EGOSOFT (and others :D ) keep altering the encounter numbers in the jobs.xml file, so depending on the (destructive) activity in the X-Universe, the results can be varied... which is may be not a bad thing. Organic is what I am aiming for... even for the Xenon!!
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 11:52

I would like to know how ingame economy develops for other players. Do factions build, expand and conquer in a noticeable way? In other terms: can someone share a few Screenshots of a developed galaxy after, say, 100 hours?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 12:37

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 11:52
I would like to know how ingame economy develops for other players. Do factions build, expand and conquer in a noticeable way? In other terms: can someone share a few Screenshots of a developed galaxy after, say, 100 hours?
I am still playing my old save and after making the job file working as intended, economy is very flourish, there are even too many ships around (fps hit) so will probably reduce at least the builders I had increased to let the npc build new stations.

As last, a good news: I found a way to make superhighways update in next save if changing their position, the solution was easy and under my eyes: remove the old, add new, instead of simply modifying the old sHW. This means that from here on there is NOT a single element that will break the old save.
Also, job changes are applied very fast in the game.

These are the corrections that will be in next update and don't require a new start:
* superhighways to Oberon
* superhighways in Hewa twin The Cove - Spaceweed Drift
* accelerator and superhighway Ministry of Finance I to II
* missing moon in Lasting vengeance

Things added for next update:
*2 more sectors in Ministry of Finance system
*More equipment/wharf/shipyard
*New, 4 scaleplate tradestations and a few scaleplate defense stations
*Many more trade stations for each race. I did not reach the level of X3 and of my Galaxy Mod for X3 where a lot of trade stations simulated the demand from the planets and kept the (fake) economy going. If I understand correctly, nothing is created from thin air in X4 so trade stations don't create/destroy wares by script, right? Still I suppose they make factories not being stuck with storages full..that's the idea. If somebody has any clue about, if they can help the economy I can add even more trade stations

Please report any misalligned (works out of sector but player ship can't find the entrance) or broken superhighway, there should be none or very few left by now

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 16:18

Installed last version of the mod without unpacking it, still haing issue with planet textures in Fires of defeat/victory :rant:

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Or it's something on my side? Although I don't have an idea what it could be...maybe some mod interfering? But I don't have any mod installed that changes universe :gruebel:

myfirstme

Post by myfirstme » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 19:07

Hi, is this compatible with disabling highways at game start? Or is there a map of the sectors?

I seem to be trapped in Sonra I. A super highway leads in, but I can't find an exit other than to Sonra Sol, where I haven't been able to find another way out. Is there one?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I found the gate to Black Hole Sun. But it still feels weird that there should be a highway only in one direction. I am still not sure that I will be able to get back to the rest of Sonra and if so it will be a big detour...
Last edited by myfirstme on Thu, 5. Jan 23, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Skaens
x4

Post by Skaens » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 19:58

Hewa twin's the cove and spaceweed drift still seems messed up. The superhighway from spaceweed to the cove just dumps you into the middle of nowhere.

Also are the maps suppose to be really small against the border of the sector? Like this https://imgur.com/a/Z4iQKU0
NebulonB100

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 22:54

i have a idea though i would proably be save breaking, it would be changing the accelerators in terran and segaris space to the trans-orbitral accelerators. it would be a purely cosmetic change but would make terran spaace seem unique.
also as mutch as i like having broken superhighways the one area im not sure it works is heretics end. allowing a two way highway between last bastion and banlands colony would seem to keep it more dynamic allowing split xenon and argon to have a battleground. otherwise it would seem to become another area where xenon dominate.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 6. Jan 23, 17:54

myfirstme wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 19:07
Hi, is this compatible with disabling highways at game start? Or is there a map of the sectors?
I seem to be trapped in Sonra I. A super highway leads in, but I can't find an exit other than to Sonra Sol, where I haven't been able to find another way out. Is there one?
Thanks!
EDIT:
I found the gate to Black Hole Sun. But it still feels weird that there should be a highway only in one direction. I am still not sure that I will be able to get back to the rest of Sonra and if so it will be a big detour...
Disabling highways makes no difference, highways are disabled by the mod. Sonra has a Khaak infestation close to the sun so Argon decided to destroy the way back, it is all in the ency. Yes you will be able, but have to go the way through other systems
Skaens wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 19:58
Hewa twin's the cove and spaceweed drift still seems messed up. The superhighway from spaceweed to the cove just dumps you into the middle of nowhere.
Also are the maps suppose to be really small against the border of the sector? Like this https://imgur.com/a/Z4iQKU0
As written in my post just above, that superhighway is fixed in next update and does not require a new start. Just avoid the Cove for the moment. Thanks for the report anyway, if you find others please write here so I can fix 'em before the next update is out
craig m wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 22:54
i have a idea though i would proably be save breaking, it would be changing the accelerators in terran and segaris space to the trans-orbitral accelerators. it would be a purely cosmetic change but would make terran spaace seem unique.
also as mutch as i like having broken superhighways the one area im not sure it works is heretics end. allowing a two way highway between last bastion and banlands colony would seem to keep it more dynamic allowing split xenon and argon to have a battleground. otherwise it would seem to become another area where xenon dominate.
Yes that would make sense, it would not break any save I think, model replacements usually don't. I don't think I'll have time to make new models thou...there is vanilla models for terran gates, that are different from ancient gates. I used them in Asteroid belt and in another connection to the south systems, don't remember which one, maybe Farnham's Legend.
About Heretic's I will look, seems interesting what you say. I wanted actually to expand the system further and if I read correctly ego is going to make the connection to Borons trough Heretic's, so the system will be surelly revamped by me after the dlc is out ;-)
Last edited by Realspace on Sun, 8. Jan 23, 09:19, edited 3 times in total.

craig m
x3tc

Post by craig m » Fri, 6. Jan 23, 18:57

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 6. Jan 23, 17:54
myfirstme wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 19:07
Thanks!
EDIT:
Disabling highways makes no difference, highways are disabled by the mod. Sonra has a Khaak infestation close to the sun so Argon decided to destroy the way back, it is all in the ency. Ys you will be able, but have to go the through other systems
Skaens wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 19:58
As written in my post just above, that superhighway is fixed in next update and does not require a new start. Just avoid the Cove for the moment. Thanks for the report, if you find others please write here so I can fix 'em before the next update is out
craig m wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 22:54
Yes that would make sense, it would not break any save I think, model replacements usually don't. I don't think I'll have time to make new models thou...there is vanilla models for terran gates, that are different from ancient gates. I used them in Asteroid belt and in another connection to the south systems, don't remember which one, maybe Farnham's Legend.
About Heretic's I will look, seems interesting what you say. I wanted actually to expand the system further and if I read correctly ego is going to make the connection to Borons trough Heretic's, so the system will be surelly revamped by me after the dlc is out ;-)
The model for replacement in question is already in the geme files I believe. It came out with cradle of humanity.
Here is a link to another forum post about it

viewtopic.php?p=5100660

And link to steam workshop mod to activate the asset

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2727518009

As for the heretic’s end idea I haven’t kept up to date on the boron dlc I want to to be a surprise 🤣

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 11:35

I have started a new game with the most recent versions of your 3 mods.

I used the Vigor Syndicate gamestart.

Problem is still: Vigor Syndicate and Riptide Rakers have WAY too less ships.

Vigor Syndicate started with 1 XL and 12 S. One hour in the game, they only have 1 XL and 6 S left. Riptide Rakers started with even less, and have only 1 L left after one hour.

I know that maybe actually playing vanilla and DLC game starts may not be your main focus, but I think your mod should still allow for the vanilla and DLC factions to survive.

I think that this requires that maybe you make a break in designing sectors, but instead actually _play_ the game in the way intended by the developers - trading with factions, observing what the AI factions do and don't, so you get a better impression on what works and what does not work - so you can find a way to ensure that the economy does not come to a halt.

Sorry for the criticism. Your game universe is very very beautiful - but it should still allow for a lively game :(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”