[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.31) - "Engines Mod" (1.8) - "X4RSGE" (2.55)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 5. Oct 22, 18:57

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 17:55
Realspace wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 17:44
I really hope this is the last... :doh:
I suggest you stop a few days updating. I have started my systematic exploration and taking notes for possible bugs. Started in Sol system, travelling sector by sector. Found already some. I will give you a complete report when I am done.
Yes indeed!

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.31) - "Engines Mod" (1.8) - "X4RSGE" (2.55)

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 5. Oct 22, 22:38

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 08:01
I am investigating....did it happen elsewhere? Black hole sun, no more?
Nope, haven't found this bug in Black hole sun and Grand Exchange....yet :D

Btw love the idea with sector names like in X3. Definitely nostalgic. But I suggest to name sectors with numbers like in earlier versions so that it'd be more lore friendly, because sectors like Cloudbase southwest, priest rings, Aladna hill, Montalaar etc.are whole different systems in x3, but they are just sectors in Argon prime and Morning star systems in the mod. Maybe you could make such sectors to become independent systems with own sectors and bring back numbers? With the exception of Herron's Nebula, for example, which is definitely located in Argon prime system in X3.

P.S. Issue in Profit center alpha still occurs, but now you can see half of the planet lurking behind the gas giant :)
Bug with jumpgate-to-accelerator in Bright profit occurs too, but seems like exorciism cured that strange deformed accelerator.
Using last version of the mod .
Last edited by ziplock815 on Thu, 6. Oct 22, 00:07, edited 2 times in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 5. Oct 22, 23:26

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 22:38
Maybe you could make such sectors to become independent systems with own sectors
This would mean another major overhaul of the mod and all the sectors - when all these sectors would become own systems, each of them needs several new sectors, which all have to be designed, connected to the rest, texts written ... also the number of sectors would become even higher than it is already... if Realspace wants to do that work, he should go for it, but ... I'd prefer a finished mod for finally starting a real game instead of beta testing :D

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 5. Oct 22, 23:55

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 23:26
ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 22:38
Maybe you could make such sectors to become independent systems with own sectors
This would mean another major overhaul of the mod and all the sectors - when all these sectors would become own systems, each of them needs several new sectors, which all have to be designed, connected to the rest, texts written ... also the number of sectors would become even higher than it is already... if Realspace wants to do that work, he should go for it, but ... I'd prefer a finished mod for finally starting a real game instead of beta testing :D
You definitely have a point :)
It's just because I like this mod a lot that I keep dreaming of X4 with all of X3 sectors as independent systems. That'd be...let me think...1000+ sectors :D

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 09:03

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 23:55
It's just because I like this mod a lot that I keep dreaming of X4 with all of X3 sectors as independent systems. That'd be...let me think...1000+ sectors :D
I guess that could be a new separate project, with lessons learned from the "smaller" X4RSGE project. And it is something where Realspace really would need a modding team. Like Tamriel Rebuilt for Morrowind :D

I think for now it is better to optimize and then also to really review how the game economy develops, and if the ecoomic and military game is still enjoyable - without too much waiting. I am also doing some tests here currently, along with my bug hunt exploration.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 13:09

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 09:03
ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 5. Oct 22, 23:55
I guess that could be a new separate project, with lessons learned from the "smaller" X4RSGE project. And it is something where Realspace really would need a modding team. Like Tamriel Rebuilt for Morrowind :D

I think for now it is better to optimize and then also to really review how the game economy develops, and if the ecoomic and military game is still enjoyable - without too much waiting. I am also doing some tests here currently, along with my bug hunt exploration.
Talking about ambitious projects:there are also Skyblivion, Fallout 4 New Vegas and of course Star Citizen which is going to be released in 2077
Btw, am I only one experiencing troubles with split plot not starting? I recieved a mission from Dal Busta to find the gate leading to split territories and when I find it -nothing happens :gruebel:

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 13:56

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 13:09
Btw, am I only one experiencing troubles with split plot not starting? I recieved a mission from Dal Busta to find the gate leading to split territories and when I find it -nothing happens :gruebel:
Apparently not, was reported as a bug earlier in September:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... 7?tab=bugs

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 16:46

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 13:56
ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 13:09
Apparently not, was reported as a bug earlier in September:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... 7?tab=bugs
Aaaaall right...I think I can finally take a look at other starts too. I've taken another half day to cure many many nuances. So I see the end of the tunnel..my god. I uploaded the 2.5.7..don't even add the link, it's always the same.
About the names...my idea, when everything is finally bug-free, and I think we are close, is to add brand new systems. They will be new so no issue with plots, etc. These systems will take some names that are now used...I know I know, it is a bit of confusion but I liked the nostalgic idea of X3 names, they work also like now if one forgets the past. The galaxy should expand in the way that my X3-FL Galaxy expansion did, but with whole systems this time.

But it will be further and I won't release anything up to when finished. So for now we can enjoy THIS galaxy, even with nostalgic names. Priority is oc to have this mod fully working, then the rest.

Looking at the story, I suppose this is the part where you have to find split space:

Code: Select all

<!-- Story Mission Page: 30221-->
        <find_sector name="$SplitSectors" multiple="true" extension="'ego_dlc_split'"/>
        <find_sector name="$BaseSectors"  multiple="true" extension="''"/>
        <!-- Find all Split Sectors bordering Base Sectors -->
        <find_gate name="$Gates" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy"/>
        <create_list name="$GatesToSplitSpace"/>
        <do_for_each in="$Gates" name="$g">
          <do_if value="$g.exit">
            <do_if value="$BaseSectors.indexof.{$g.sector} and $SplitSectors.indexof.{$g.exit.sector}">
              <append_to_list name="$GatesToSplitSpace" exact="$g"/>
            </do_if>
          </do_if>
        </do_for_each>

<find_sector name="$BoneYardSector" macro="macro.cluster_425_sector001_macro" required="true" comment="The boneyard"/>
        <find_sector name="$HeartOfAcrimonySector" macro="macro.Cluster_411_Sector001_macro" required="true" comment="not the Boneyard"/>
        <find_sector name="$TharkasRavine2" macro="macro.cluster_410_sector001_macro" comment="Tharka's Ravine XVI, in Front of HoA"/>

<find_gate   name="$FuneralGate"      accelerator="true" space="$HeartOfAcrimonySector"/>
Where is the player when he has to find split space? I still have not got there..
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:25, edited 2 times in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:00

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 16:46
I've taken another half day to cure many many nuances. So I see the end of the tunnel..my god. I uploaded the 2.5.7..don't even add the link, it's always the same.
I am about 50% through my bug hunt exploration game. Will update to 2.5.7 and double check if some of the things I noticed are already gone (nothing really big apart from an unconnected sector in Guiding Star, and a jump gate connection where I would expect an accelerator, and a few text things).

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.31) - "Engines Mod" (1.8) - "X4RSGE" (2.56)

Post by Realspace » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:04

Good...thank you. Yes I am quite confident that the thing is nailed. I corrected a couple gates today...I am taking a tour in vanilla game with STARS only...well it looks very nice with STASR + Reshade...not as in XRSGE but tons better than vanilla alone. I had never watched the result of my other long work. :mrgreen: And those damn superhighways that work while in XRSGE don't, fully at least :rant:

........I am slowly considering the idea of eliminating them all...no more superhighways! :eg:

p.s. pay attention if you see a strange halo around stations or fog being white bubble. I found another today, Fires of Defeat was missing its vertex mesh
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.31) - "Engines Mod" (1.8) - "X4RSGE" (2.56)

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:34

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:04
........I am slowly considering the idea of eliminating them all...no more superhighways! :eg:
It's a two-edged sword.

On the one hand, the inactive super highways, forcing to use an AI pilot and not animated often, disturb immersion.

On the other hand, flying through them greatly enhances the feel of being in a connected universe. It's simply cool when a far-away planet grows while flying through the highway.

Have you considered contacting Egosoft and asking for help?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:49

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:34
At this point I think it is the only way, I played all my cards

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:52

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:49
Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 18:34
At this point I think it is the only way, I played all my cards
Well ... ;) But your mod is great and playable anyway.

I will now continue my bug exploration; will start a new game for that, and also try how the Deadair economy mods affect the game.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:15

At least two bugs I want to report right now:

- the sector "Guiding Star V: Light of Heart Beta" has no connection to any other sector
- southeast of Windfall is an "Unknown Sector" without any connection and also without info in the encyclopedia

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:20

I've corrected some few things, like the added split station in Split Fire and the abovementioned Fires of defeat/victory background. Don't consider those...for the rest I do think we are close to finish. Thank you for the help.

It remains the split story, I must play to get to it, can't figure out how it goes. Seems the script has to find split sectors (and since the map has changed maybe they are hidden). But looking at the md it does not seems it needs a pathway...anyway don't know how the mission starts, anywhere? After hatikva's plot?
Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:15
At least two bugs I want to report right now:

- the sector "Guiding Star V: Light of Heart Beta" has no connection to any other sector
- southeast of Windfall is an "Unknown Sector" without any connection and also without info in the encyclopedia
Unknown sector is Leap of Faith, at least I suppose it will be after some activation? I did not touch it, is there any plot for opening it?
There was a missing connection between windfall and trinity (if I remember), anyway a paranid system. I corrected.
Light of heart is missing the superhighway! I am sure there was before...damn! good catch :wink: ....corrected...

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:34

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:20
Unknown sector is Leap of Faith, at least I suppose it will be after some activation? I did not touch it, is there any plot for opening it?
Ah, interesting. Never heard of that. ^^ I did not play all vanilla and DLC plots (ever). I mostly use the creative game start.
Light of heart is missing the superhighway! I am sure there was before...damn! good catch
:)

Another thing: the accelerator from "Grand Exchange II Path to Profit Alpha" to "Grand Exchange System" is very distorted visually.

Don't know if related to the fact that there are two "Grand Exchange II Path to Profit Alpha" systems. I guess one should be called "Beta"?

Edit: The Accel. from the southern "Grand Exchange II Path to Profil Alpha" to "Grand Exchange III Nopileos Fortune Beta" is also distorted.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:57

Oook..thanks for the catch. I think they are 2 different bugs, one is the name of course, but I don't think it changes, names are overlayers, sectors have unique ids...and I suppose we are at the presence of the usual anomaly that is moving through the sectors, I'll perform the usual exorcism.....

it definetly seems like the gate is out of the normal space. This should never happen because gates are defined in zones and sectors which are always linked to a single cluster, can't live out of it. I really can't think of a way how I created this issue. Looking in the vanilla clusters having multiple sectors, sector 001 has not the offset at 0, 0, 0. But adding it seems to have resolved the issue in the past..not now. Exorcism did not work :rant:

Nopileous shows it too, one gate only :evil:

edit: ok, I think I found it. It's the damn QUATERNION! :shock: Ego uses it to define the rotation etc. of objects and it works in vanilla but somehow the identical parameters get a distorted object in the mod. I am wondering if the same thing could have happened to the superhighways, to explain why their entrance is not where it should be..

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 21:14

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:57
edit: ok, I think I found it. It's the damn QUATERNION! :shock: Ego uses it to define the rotation etc. of objects and it works in vanilla but somehow the identical parameters get a distorted object in the mod. I am wondering if the same thing could have happened to the superhighways, to explain why their entrance is not where it should be..
Sounds cool :D Well, I am sure you will fix it - and maybe also try it with the highways. Maybe it's even the reason the highways don't get active?

A small cosmetic thing: The voice when travelling from "Trinity Sanctum V Priest Rings Beta" to any neighbouring Priest Rings sector (i.e. to "Sanctum Verge" and "Priest's Pity") only says "Trinity Sanctum" (instead of TS V SV / TS V PP).

Also, when entering "Trinity Sanctum V Priest Rings Beta" from Sanctum Verge, it only says "Trinity Sanctum".

Edit: In the encyclopedia, there are two entries for Trinity Sanctum. One is the proper one with system structure, picture etc., the other not. The other also only has 2 sectors in it.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 21:56

Newinger wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 21:14
Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:57
Sounds cool :D Well, I am sure you will fix it - and maybe also try it with the highways. Maybe it's even the reason the highways don't get active?

A small cosmetic thing: The voice when travelling from "Trinity Sanctum V Priest Rings Beta" to any neighbouring Priest Rings sector (i.e. to "Sanctum Verge" and "Priest's Pity") only says "Trinity Sanctum" (instead of TS V SV / TS V PP).

Also, when entering "Trinity Sanctum V Priest Rings Beta" from Sanctum Verge, it only says "Trinity Sanctum".

Edit: In the encyclopedia, there are two entries for Trinity Sanctum. One is the proper one with system structure, picture etc., the other not. The other also only has 2 sectors in it.
Good catch..this one was not easy :mrgreen: ...solved....I've replaced all quaternions, this should have sent the anomaly back to hell :twisted: no more distorted gates...I start to see version 3.0 as finally final, a good pair with stars that is version 3 too

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 22:23

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 21:56
solved....
Cool :)

I have a thought about REM. REM is definitely needed, but some of the speeds are way too high. The Split Combat Engine MK 4 is over 40000 m/s which is neither needed (it nullifies the bigger sector feeling) nor controllable, esp. for the AI pilot (which is "in sector" needed for flying through inactive highways, accs. and gates). I think a top speed for the best travel drives should be about 15000 m/s - this would be enough even for crossing the big sectors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”