[MOD] Reaction Force

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Osbot
x4

Re: [MOD] Reaction Force

Post by Osbot » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 06:56

I have to reiterate a request, the option to react to capital ships or not.

Setting up small reaction force patrols of fighters to protect trade/mining ships turns into a nightmare when they converge on capital ships, which are largely NOT a problem for traders/miners to run away from.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 17:55

When my ship/fleet responds to a distress call it then continues with order to "Protect that ship" for so long that I have to manually cancel that order. What is the timeline for that order before they go back to doing what they were?

Also, do reaction forces respond to distress from other factions by default or is it possible to somehow turn it off?

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 19:08

Hello,

I have also a request for an option. Sometimes they react to a ship in xenon space and commit suicide. An option to toggle "fly to enemy space" would be great.

Greetings

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 22:51

Btw., any way of preventing my rep from sinking?

I just had a case in Morning Star sector where my Reaction Force attacked a Rattlesnake Marauder with ARG markings (but it seems it as a FAF in disguise since my rep with FAF went down), which kept deploying laser towers before it was destroyed, and killing it and the towers tanked my rep with Fallen Families. Is it possible to avoid this? After all, the Marauder either attacked my ship or an AI ship first, I shouldn't be getting punished for it.

chh2tx
x4

Post by chh2tx » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:50

Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 17:55
When my ship/fleet responds to a distress call it then continues with order to "Protect that ship" for so long that I have to manually cancel that order. What is the timeline for that order before they go back to doing what they were?

Also, do reaction forces respond to distress from other factions by default or is it possible to somehow turn it off?
I'm having this same issue. Unfortunate.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 18:24

chh2tx wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:50
Sturmer wrote:

I don't know for sure, but it seems like if you only select respond to player but do not select respond to ships then maybe it will only respond to your own ships and not others.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 23:51

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 18:24
I don't know for sure, but it seems like if you only select respond to player but do not select respond to ships then maybe it will only respond to your own ships and not others.
Yeah, would be great if the author actually explained the options and their effects, in the original post so we would know what they do. xD

chh2tx
x4

Post by chh2tx » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 22:13

BlackRain wrote:
chh2tx wrote:
Sturmer wrote:

Well the issue I was commenting as also experiencing is the protect that ship order being sustained for too long. I've seen it actually 'protect that ship' and fly right past the aggressors. Then since the protected ship is out of firing range, it just follows them. It's not really a reaction force unless the target is still being actively attacked when it arrives in protection range. Then even then, the protect order seems to stick for too long that they will then sit and not react to other threats in sector.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 22:22

chh2tx wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 22:13
BlackRain wrote:
chh2tx wrote:

Well the issue I was commenting as also experiencing is the protect that ship order being sustained for too long. I've seen it actually 'protect that ship' and fly right past the aggressors. Then since the protected ship is out of firing range, it just follows them. It's not really a reaction force unless the target is still being actively attacked when it arrives in protection range. Then even then, the protect order seems to stick for too long that they will then sit and not react to other threats in sector.
I think the mod author mentioned fixing that on the nexus but maybe hasn't gotten around to it yet.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 19:26

A work around for those of you using this mod.

If you go into the order.fight.reactionforce script in the aiscripts folder and do a search for "protect" you can then look for timeout and change the timeout from 300s to 10s. However, the ship will still fly to the target and protect it for ten seconds, if the ships is leaving the sector and is ahead of the ship going to defend, the ships using this script will continue to follow until they reach them. Only then will it time out after 10 seconds or 300 seconds or whatever number you set it to.

Another possibility is just to delete the protect orders, it should still go to attack any enemies but it won't linger maybe. I haven't tested it.

AiaxX
x4

Post by AiaxX » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:00

I tried it, but after i change the timeout the Command for the Reaction-Force just disappear ;(

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:12

AiaxX wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:00
I tried it, but after i change the timeout the Command for the Reaction-Force just disappear ;(
you must have done something wrong lol. It is working fine for me. I have since removed the protect command entirely, now they just attack the enemies and go back to doing what they do.

Basically just do this (you can leave everything else as it was)

Code: Select all

<!-- If it's a station protect the station -->
                        <!--<do_if value="$responseTarget.isclass.station">
                            <debug_text text="'SHIB Reaction Force - %s - Responding to Station %s'.[this.ship.knownname, $responseTarget.knownname]"/>
                            <create_order object="this.ship" id="'ProtectStation'">
                                <param name="station" value="$responseTarget"/>
                                <param name="timeout" value="10s"/>
                            </create_order>
                        </do_if>-->
                        <!-- If it's a ship protect the ship -->
                        <!--<do_elseif value="$responseTarget.isclass.ship">
                            <debug_text text="'SHIB Reaction Force - %s - Responding to Ship %s'.[this.ship.knownname, $responseTarget.knownname]"/>
                            <create_order object="this.ship" id="'ProtectShip'">
                                <param name="target" value="$responseTarget"/>
                            </create_order>
                        </do_elseif>-->

monish_05m
x3tc

Post by monish_05m » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 23:58

Theres some activity on his github so lets hope it comes to something.

AiaxX
x4

Post by AiaxX » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 00:19

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:12
AiaxX wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:00
you must have done something wrong lol. It is working fine for me. I have since removed the protect command entirely, now they just attack the enemies and go back to doing what they do.

Basically just do this (you can leave everything else as it was)

<!--<do_if value="$responseTarget.isclass.station">
                            <debug_text text="'SHIB Reaction Force - %s - Responding to Station %s'.[this.ship.knownname, $responseTarget.knownname]"/>
                            </create_order>
                        </do_if>-->
                        <!--<do_elseif value="$responseTarget.isclass.ship">
                            <debug_text text="'SHIB Reaction Force - %s - Responding to Ship %s'.[this.ship.knownname, $responseTarget.knownname]"/>
                            </create_order>
                        </do_elseif>-->
Thanks mate, will try :D

<do_if value="$responseTarget.isclass.station">
                            </create_order>
                        </do_if>
                        <do_elseif value="$responseTarget.isclass.ship">
                            </create_order>
                        </do_elseif> 
I just change the value timer to 10 and... the command just disapper again... Wtf?
The Folder which i have to edit is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions\shib_reactionforce , right?

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 23:52

I just got the DLC finally so this and my other mods are finally getting some TLC
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

CamdalfTheWhite
x4

Post by CamdalfTheWhite » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 09:37

Hooray! Looking forward to it. I'm not sure if it's been reported, but I tried your fix on Github, and it appears now they don’t get stuck on protect ship, but now I've noticed they sometimes get stuck on a patrol command, and while stuck on this command will ignore ships being attacked and not respond. I still have some more testing to do though, but I thought I'd let you know just in case!

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 21:52

ShiBDiB wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 23:52
I just got the DLC finally so this and my other mods are finally getting some TLC
That's good to hear! Could you also please change the notifications to actually say which sector the reaction force is reacting (preferably even which ship/fleet)? Maybe I'm missing something, but for me it only reports two long sets of numbers that I just stare helplessly at.

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 12:35

This mod is really useful. Response fleets manage to save my miners most of the time, especially after making the changes suggested above.

They do comm me constantly though, saying "Awaiting orders" whenever they kill something, which is a little annoying. Any way to prevent that?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 16:22

drowningfly wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 12:35
This mod is really useful. Response fleets manage to save my miners most of the time, especially after making the changes suggested above.

They do comm me constantly though, saying "Awaiting orders" whenever they kill something, which is a little annoying. Any way to prevent that?
Yeah, turn off the notifications in the game. There is a global option for it. I turned it off.

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 20:39

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 16:22
drowningfly wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 12:35

Yeah, turn off the notifications in the game. There is a global option for it. I turned it off.
Thank you sir!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”