[Mod] X4 Fire and Smoke

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shovelmonkey
x4

Re: [Mod] X4 Fire and Smoke

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 11. May 20, 13:13

My mod list is as long as my arm including this mod and xr_shipack.

better_kill_credit
better_piracy
deadairdynamicwars
ego_dlc_split
escape_teleport
event_driven_news
faction_fix_pack
faction_fix_pack_catchup
faction_fix_pack_econ_ai
faction_fix_pack_econ_bal
fastcrewlevel
fs_exp
gemfx
mules_and_warehouses_extended
SatNetwork
shib_reactionforce
sn_better_target_monitor
sn_extra_game_options"
sn_mod_support_apis
TaterTrader
v1024_civilian_fleets
x4_fireandsmoke
xr_shippack

I rarely get FPS below 60 flying, and usually 30-40 in the map. Using almost identical system to you guys:

ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1660ti
32gb 3200mhz ddr4

I will say I only recently upgraded to 32gb of ram and also went from 2133mhz ram to 3200mhz. That alone got me considerable FPS gains surprisingly.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. May 20, 13:56

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 12:09
Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 12:04
personal experience, every time I put that mod I get fps loss and stuttering, new game more then late game but I still get fps and stuttering even if I put it late game after a while

3600x,16gb dd4 and 1070 I played with lots of settings still the same

After I remove it or start without it all goes back to normal

Now probably not all have that experience but I would say all have at least some fps loss with xr ship pack, maybe not noticeable to some

I saw your mod list, pretty much the same as me but you do have the best cpu out there for the game
All other mods imo cant kill fps that much or at all
Mostly mods that add jobs kill fps

Hope this helps, don't take it as gospel :D

EDIT: sorry mistaken you for the original poster, that has a mod list and specs in tech section
I have the exact same PC as you have. There must be something wrong on your end. I even play with 1440p and I also use the LOD extended mod that makes objects visible from greater distance. No stutters and just sometimes lower fps in the mid 20 in asteroids or open when the map is open.
I really think that something else is producing your stutters.

Edit: It is not true that other mods can not kill fps. Check your logfile for example. I once had a mod that wrote several hundred thousands! of lines to the log file because it was buggy and it broke my performance totally. After removing it the performance was 10 times better. In fact it was the old XR Effects mod that this mod completely replaces :D.
I use that LOD mod too, still only removing ship pack helped, and play 1440 without AA, log is clear

well as I said maybe that helps, maybe not
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. May 20, 15:02

Just remembered that I use VRO, and maybe the combo VRO and shippack I get that slow downs, hmmmmmm
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 11. May 20, 15:05

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:02
Just remembered that I use VRO, and maybe the combo VRO and shippack I get that slow downs, hmmmmmm
I am also using VRO and VRO Ship Pack :D
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. May 20, 15:10

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:05
Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:02
I am also using VRO and VRO Ship Pack :D
:lol: well shucks

maseren

Post by maseren » Mon, 11. May 20, 16:36

Ok so far, someone mentioned Mules as a possible, XR ship pack? and VRO? hmm... so general consensus, which makes sense is extra jobs, and extra processing power.

My impact is MOSTLY when i am sitting in my station looking up to the sky where things are busier. Also, when lots of small peices are moving around, i guess perhaps it is the amount of graphical peices doing actions?

anyone have a large fight? did it impact you in a big way?

Recon777
x3tc

Post by Recon777 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 16:35

Is anyone still maintaining this mod? I tried it and love it but it ended up corrupting my save and causing random game crashes. I had to load a save from before I installed it because uninstalling the mod still didn't stop the crashes. I left a comment on the workshop page of the mod itself with parts of the debut txt.

Really would love to use the mod again but I have no idea why it caused crashes. Something about XU Particle.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 21:53

Recon777 wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 16:35
Is anyone still maintaining this mod? I tried it and love it but it ended up corrupting my save and causing random game crashes. I had to load a save from before I installed it because uninstalling the mod still didn't stop the crashes. I left a comment on the workshop page of the mod itself with parts of the debut txt.

Really would love to use the mod again but I have no idea why it caused crashes. Something about XU Particle.
Hi, I saw your post in the workshop and already replied to it:

1. .sig error logs are no problems because .sig files only tell people that the files are different from the vanilla files (so this is true for all mod files).
2. The only real error you posted seems not to be from this mod because I dont know that file and have looked into the mod and couldnt find it.
3. I also tested the mod in a big battle and everything worked fine. My guess is that either another mod is the reason or the new beta 6.0.
4. You wrote that the mod affected a save game of you. That is not possible because nothing this mod does will be saved. It only triggers when an explosion happens, so again, this must come from something else.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”