[Mod] Weapon Pack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] Weapon Pack

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 21:08

Good that it works now :).
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:55

The auto cannon needs a nerf imo. It absolutely melts anything it touches and impossible to dodge too.

Edit: I deleted the quote
Last edited by Warnoise on Fri, 3. Apr 20, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 08:22

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:55
The auto cannon needs a nerf imo. It absolutely melts anything it touches and impossible to dodge too.
You dont need to quote the full mod description ;).

You must be wrong here. I think you mixed some weapons.

The 280mm autocannon (there is an S version whot comes from VRO mod that has nothing to do with this variant) which can only be mounted on L ships is pretty inaccurate and for sure will more miss than hit. ALso its DPS is pretty normal with 590. Plasma turret does 680 with a longer range but more misses for example. The CIWS has 419 DPS but hits waaaay more times and is for sure better as anti fighter weapon. Just check the encyclopedia for more details please.
But I agree that for its price its a bit too good. Its cheaper than CIWS and Flak and does more damage. WIll think about a nerf for the next version.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 16:16

Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this and the XR Ship pack, I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

One suggestion (for this post and your other ones). Put the download links at/near the top of the post. I know it's a REALLY minor gripe, but it would be nice not to have to scroll past the change log :P
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 10:12

Drewgamer wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 16:16
Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this and the XR Ship pack, I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

One suggestion (for this post and your other ones). Put the download links at/near the top of the post. I know it's a REALLY minor gripe, but it would be nice not to have to scroll past the change log :P
You are welcome!
The dl link at the bottom is intended. So I can try to force people to read the last changes before they spam asking questions they would have known the answer by reading them in many cases ;).

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:25

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 10:12
Drewgamer wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 16:16

You are welcome!
The dl link at the bottom is intended. So I can try to force people to read the last changes before they spam asking questions they would have known the answer by reading them in many cases ;).
Haha fair enough :lol:
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

ALEX Bemelmans
x3

Post by ALEX Bemelmans » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 23:54

hi
may you help me?
how do you had icon in shop instead of [ ? ]
my textid range: 909700-909799

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 07:30

ALEX Bemelmans wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 23:54
hi
may you help me?
how do you had icon in shop instead of [ ? ]
In the bullet macro file located in assets/fx/weaponfx/macros there is a tag named icon. This is for the icon in the buy menu.

ALEX Bemelmans
x3

Post by ALEX Bemelmans » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 05:14

this one change the HUD weapon's icon and the tiny little one on bottom left in shop menu

what i am looking for is the big icon where you see the item in the shop menu where you buy equipements like shield or engine...it is because all stuff i had to the game,whether it is weapons, shields, engines or other, i have a grey icon with a "?" and a grey weapon under it

images are more explicit...
ImageImage

sorry for the off topic...
my textid range: 909700-909799

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 09:04

Ahh... that one took a while to find out. That is inside:
extensions\WeaponPack\assets\fx\gui\textures\upgrades

but you also need a script so that the game knows these items. Just have a look at the icons.xml inside libraries for that.

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:17

Hi Max Bain.
Started a new game. I noticed that the new weapon led to the appearance of turret components at the xenon shipyard.
How critical is this bug, and is it possible to play with it?

Vannila game:
Spoiler
Show
Game with your mod:
Spoiler
Show

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:37

Hi,

that is strange. You sure that it comes from my mod?

Xenon ships do all have their default weapon loadouts so they should not use my weapons (maybe stations but Xenons shouldnt have the possibility to build my weapons at all).
Also they dont have any stations producing turret components or advanced electronics and all other races have -30 relation to them, so how could they fill their storage?

Somehow it makes no sense what I see here if it would come from this mod.

What other mods do you use?

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:52

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:37
Absolutely sure.
Initially, I noticed a similar bug in VRO, which I wrote to the developer about. His mod adds missile components.
If i put your mod only, then the turrets components appear, and the Xenon Defence stations put "280 mm Autocannon" on themselves.

The screenshot is shown using only your mod, so I think you can easily check it.
From which I come to the conclusion that the mods, that add new weapons, one way or another, hurt the xenon shipyard storage.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:56

MrBubble wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:52
Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:37
Absolutely sure.
Initially, I noticed a similar bug in VRO, which I wrote to the developer about. His mod adds missile components.
If i put your mod only, then the turrets components appear, and the Xenon Defence stations put "280 mm Autocannon" on themselves.

The screenshot is shown using only your mod, so I think you can easily check it.
Ok good to know. Hm I dont know how I can forbid Xenon to use my turrets.. normally I explicitly say which weapons the races can use and I did that not for Xenon. So I dont know why they use the turrets I must admit. Will check the wares.xml file later, but other than that, I dont know where the problem could be.
Also I am still wondering how they could get the components. Seems they just spawn... or is there a race they are neutral with that produce these?

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:01

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 12:56
Also I am still wondering how they could get the components. Seems they just spawn... or is there a race they are neutral with that produce these?
I think it is generated at the start of the game. The problem is that they have nowhere to get new components.
That's why I asked initially how critical this bug is, and is it even possible to play with it?)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:17

Give me some minutes. I need to reproduce it and check if I can fix it.
If you are right it could make some trouble depending on how many of the turrets they want to build from mine. If its 100% then this will result in stations without turrets for Xenons. If its 10% its no big deal.

Edit: I just checked the wares file and there are no Xenon mentioned. I am a bit confused how they can build the turrets.

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:53

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:17
Edit: I just checked the wares file and there are no Xenon mentioned. I am a bit confused how they can build the turrets.
I don’t know) But I’m sure that this is somehow connected with the addition of turrets.
A good example, just started a new game with a Weapon Pack only and Split DLC.

Xenon Defence Station:
Spoiler
Show
Xenon Power Plant:
Spoiler
Show
Xenon Shipyard and Wharf has autocannons too.

Xenon Wharf is ok:
Spoiler
Show
But Xenon Shipyard is not:
Spoiler
Show

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:22

MrBubble wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 13:53
stuff
You dont need to send me more screenshots. I already fixed it (I think). I added a militaryequipment license as requirement to build the turrets and after that I couldnt find any Xenon stations with 280mm guns anymore. All other turrets had such a restriction already, so this might be the reason why you only saw this gun on Xenon stations.

You might double check if it works on your side as well.

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 19:13

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:22
You dont need to send me more screenshots. I already fixed it (I think). I added a militaryequipment license as requirement to build the turrets and after that I couldnt find any Xenon stations with 280mm guns anymore. All other turrets had such a restriction already, so this might be the reason why you only saw this gun on Xenon stations.

You might double check if it works on your side as well.
Thank's man.
It really helped. Not only the turrets from the stations disappeared, but the turret components at the start of a new game also ceased to appear at the xenon shipyard)

zedfactor
x4

Post by zedfactor » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 21:01

What are the implications to an existing game? Will it simply sort itself out over time or does it break their economy, etc.?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”