[MOD] Recycle Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

[MOD] Recycle Ships and Stations

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 17:18

Last updated or tested for game versions: 3.2; 3.2 + Vendetta

Version 0.5 adds localisation for russian and german (thank you alexalsp and LeLeon) and fixes a bunch of bugs. Check out the changelog on nexus for all changes.

This mod allows the player to disassemble his ships for 75 - 95% of all the original resources of the ship (including full equipment), gain an increasing chance for blueprints and to recycle or sell his own unwanted stations for 50% - 75% of their value.

Check out the detailed description on Nexus:
Nexus link: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/72
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Thu, 28. May 20, 22:28, edited 6 times in total.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [MOD] Recycle Ships or Stations

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 13. Jan 20, 21:44

Updated to v0.3, which allows to disassemble ur ships at your own shipyards or wharfs for resources and an increasing chance for blueprints the more you recycle.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 00:01

When to wait for multilingual support ???????

:gruebel:

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 17:49

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 14. Jan 20, 00:01
When to wait for multilingual support ???????

:gruebel:
I may add it with the next update, that will allow players to sell ships to npc shipyards/wharfs which are then dismanteled and turned into resources for the npc faction shipyard while the player can still make use of the blueprint system.
If localization will make it in will depend on how much time i have. The mod doesn't contain alot of text and should be rather self expanatory, even for people who don't know much english.
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Tue, 14. Jan 20, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] Recycle Ships and Stations

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 18:03

OK. Thanks. it will be convenient for those who do not know him at all ... :wink: :P

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 21:54

Version 0.31 is a small update that allows you to sell ships to npc factions for disassembly either by using the new passive order or by talking to the manager/shiptrader. Recources gained are added to the storage and reused to build more ships.

Localization will have to follow later, didn't have time yet, sorry. :/

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 22. Jan 20, 11:36

Localization will have to follow later, didn't have time yet, sorry. :/
We understand, believe, hope and wait :D

JanB1

Post by JanB1 » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:00

Hey, thanks for making this mod, really great idea!

I have searched around a little, and your mod is the one that's coming closest to some kind of ship salvation system. I don't want to appear rude in any way, but is this a possible future system that you could implement with your mod? The possibility of salvaging ships or stations after some battle?

There was a quick brainstorming by one guy to this topic over here:
viewtopic.php?p=4874128

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 18:39

Been there, done that partially for X-Rebirth already. ^^ I don't have the time currently.
I have 2-3 other mods on my waiting list that need to be written and my job being quite demanding lately doesn't help.
Would be definitely something i'd wanna do, but it won't happen anytime soon, sorry.

JanB1

Post by JanB1 » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 10:23

Aaah, good to know.

Yeah, your mod-portfolio is amazing! I downloaded your sector satellites and the "Learn All The Things" mod, they were a real life saver for me! Loved them!

All good, no problem. Real life first!

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 11:08

This is a really awesome mod going be adding it. I wanted to fight / hated more in my new play but I was a bit worried about blueprints and such. I love this concept a ton.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 21:09

And updated for Vendetta + a bunch of bugfixes.

Version 0.3.2:
- fixed wares gained appearing as negative number if the station's stored ware exceeds the stations preferred amount for that ware. (the negative number was only visual, wares weren't removed)
- fixed/disabled sold ships for disassembly advancing the player blueprint research, which was only intended to happen for dismantling at player owned yards/wharfs
- fixed selling ships to npc shipyards in person not paying out any money
- fixed selling ships to npc shipyards remotely sometimes resulting in the ship being transferred to a different faction as the shipyard's doing the dismantelling
- fixed an issue that could lead to parameters from the last modversion not being passed correctly, depending on what event triggered the mod on a gamestart (resulted in null errors being shown)
- stations can now be sold to major split factions
- added the ability to sell ships for disassembly by contacting a ship captain (it's alot faster than using the passive behaviour command)
- added compatibility with immersive corporations

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 01:58

Not this mods fault but an issue related to it... for some reason when i change the faction of a station it can no longer be docked with, anyone else getting this?
again it isn't caused by this mod because other mods that can change faction ownership are doing it as well.
Should add it only started over the last couple days and was working fine before but i haven't noticed a patch or installed any new mods, did ego sneak in a patch?

Edit:-
After some investigating it's 'Cheat menu' from steam workshop, after uninstalling that mod any new station i build is changing hands properly with no problems for some reason it even effects this mod changing faction ownership not just ones changed by cheat menu.
'Coming like a train baby'
'Choo choo'

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 12:12

Thanks. I didn't use the cheat menu yet, but good to know.

Currently working on an additional recycle module that allows the player to create 'scrapper warehouses', allowing the player to dismantle ships into storage giving the player access to resources and blueprint chances without the need to own a shipyard. :)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 23:34

Version 0.4:
- added the recycle module which allows to recycle ships without having ship production modules installed on a station (station-category: other modules)
- added a new command to the pilot conversation menu, so ships can be send to disassemble at own shipyards or stations with a recycling module, without having to contact the manager everytime
- removed the option to sell ships via ship order in the advanced order gui, comming the pilot is just alot faster
- fixed the rsas station manager menu not showing up when the extended conversation menu wasn't installed - sorry about that
- reduced dismantle times for larger shiptypes a bit
-increased the percentage of ship ressources gained to 75% + up to 20% depending on manager skill to a total possible amount of 95%. This is duo to the fact that fully selling a ship (including all equipment and added components seperately) is
alot more lucrative than just selling the parts

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 05:44

Russian text

But this is not the whole text of the mod ... :gruebel:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<language>
    <page id="855925" title="Sapphire line" descr="Text of the Sapphire ship line" voice="no">
      <t id="1">Модуль утилизации</t>
      <t id="2">Дает возможность станциям утилизировать корабли без использования модулей судостроения.</t>
      <t id="3">Модуль утилизации</t>
    </page>
</language>

Code: Select all

<text language="7" name="Recycle Ships And Stations" description="Игрок может разбирать свои корабли, утилизировать или продавать свои станции другим фракциям." author="iforgotmysocks" />

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 3. May 20, 15:19

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 05:44
But this is not the whole text of the mod ... :gruebel:
Thanks alex, and yes, that's only the module, but i thought i had to start somewhere. Rest will follow eventually.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 28. May 20, 22:29

And version 0.5 is out:
- added temporary fix for thrusters not being detected, now a random thruster fitting the ship class is chosen, will be updated once i'm able to find the actuall thruster of the ship
- added localization support (thanks to LeLeon)
- added russian localization (thanks to alexalsp)
- added german localization (thanks to LeLeon)
- fixed a cause of ships sometimes not being displayed in the disassembly overview
- fixed the npc command to disassemble ships not checking against the dock limit for the regarded ship size
- fixed researched components remaining listed in the blueprint overview under certain circumstances
- fixed stations not being sellable to court or trinity once they appear

Rikimarius
x4

Post by Rikimarius » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 11:48

Hi, nice mod but is it possible to NOT set sell orders when the the deconstruction is finished? In early game when i want to just hoard materials i always need to remove the sell orders after every recycle.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 12:38

Rikimarius wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 11:48
Hi, nice mod but is it possible to NOT set sell orders when the the deconstruction is finished? In early game when i want to just hoard materials i always need to remove the sell orders after every recycle.
Good point. I'll remove the automated orders or make them configurable. Thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”