New Resource Areas: updating existing uncovered map

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nidaren
x4

New Resource Areas: updating existing uncovered map

Post by nidaren » Wed, 30. Oct 19, 16:37

Hello Everyone,

Is there currently a way to patch existing uncovered map with added resource areas?

I added several resource regions to the sector, but they only appear if the area was not discovered yet and in new saves.

I was wondering if there is a way to patch the existing uncovered space with them. Tried patchactions and patch_macro, but sadly they have no effect.

My modding experience comes from X:R there all map changes were imported dynamically into saves but the X:R did not cache the discovered resource regions.

EDIT: DocAce was kind enough to answer me on Discord and said that this is a known bug in the current build in the game, some fixes to it may be coming in 3.0

SirNukes
x4

Re: New Resource Areas: updating existing uncovered map

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 31. Oct 19, 04:16

For what it's worth, in Rebirth I made a patch to move a poorly placed pirate station of the way of cross traffic. In this case, the "patch" was just an xml diff on the file specifying where the station was placed. It only worked if the patch was applied on a save where the player was in a different sector. If the save had the station actively loaded in sector when the patch was applied (eg. the extension enabled and the save loaded), the patch would have no effect, even when leaving/reentering the sector.

I don't know if your problem would be related.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”