[Mod] XR Ship Pack (27 ships now)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (16 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 21. Dec 19, 16:03

GDS_dmitry wrote:
Sat, 21. Dec 19, 14:28
Waiting for Olmekron and Fulmekron. They will be beasts.
Just uploaded 0.9.7.
It is more a bugfix and improve version. Main goal for now is to polish/balance the mod before I add new ships.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

LucianDragos
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed, 28. Mar 12, 00:29
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (16 ships now)

Post by LucianDragos » Sat, 21. Dec 19, 18:36

Can't wait to try 0.9.7 out when I get home but as far as the Nexus I can't seem to find a mod with the Stormvok... Do you remember where you saw it?


Edit: The Balor looks great but two small details.. One big one is now the cockpit view is to far back to the antenna masts poke though the windows and one smaller issue is the rims of the side drone docking bays have the same problem as the Excalibur's body did (disappearing on any zoom out)

Edit2: ok playing around with the XML's Moving the tower back some from a "Z" of -188 to -210 still looks good and doesn't interfere with the cockpit's placement since idk if moving the cockpit itself has nav mesh issues for NPC's

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (16 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 21. Dec 19, 23:18

LucianDragos wrote:
Sat, 21. Dec 19, 18:36
Edit: The Balor looks great but two small details.. One big one is now the cockpit view is to far back to the antenna masts poke though the windows and one smaller issue is the rims of the side drone docking bays have the same problem as the Excalibur's body did (disappearing on any zoom out)

Edit2: ok playing around with the XML's Moving the tower back some from a "Z" of -188 to -210 still looks good and doesn't interfere with the cockpit's placement since idk if moving the cockpit itself has nav mesh issues for NPC's
The first problem with the side docks disappearing when zoomed out is a vanilla problem that happens with all ship details. I have changed my renderparameters.xml in library to increase the sight distances for details and ships so I dont have these problems anymore.

Have you moved just the bridge model or the "view location" of the player when he is inside the bridge?
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

LucianDragos
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed, 28. Mar 12, 00:29
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (16 ships now)

Post by LucianDragos » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 02:17

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 21. Dec 19, 23:18


The first problem with the side docks disappearing when zoomed out is a vanilla problem that happens with all ship details. I have changed my renderparameters.xml in library to increase the sight distances for details and ships so I dont have these problems anymore.

Have you moved just the bridge model or the "view location" of the player when he is inside the bridge?
I moved the model because I wasn't sure if the AI waypoints\Nav mesh would cause problems moving the view point

And can you post the changes you made to the render xml? and is this the file you meant? "renderparam_library.xml"

User avatar
alexalsp
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri, 18. Jul 14, 05:28
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (16 ships now)

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 11:55

Max Bain

Code: Select all

XR_ShipPack\assets\props\surfaceelements\unit_kit_xl_ar_doors_b_01.xml
Check file structure

Code: Select all

<connections>
	<connection name="container" tags="contents" value="0" optional="0"/>
	<connection name="position" tags="position" value="1" optional="1"/>
	<connection name="space" tags="destructible"><offset/>
	</connection>
	<connection name="Connection01" tags="part animation  ">
	
		<!-- </animations> -->

Tag - </animations> = > <animations/> or <!-- </animations> -->

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (16 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 14:12

alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 22. Dec 19, 11:55
...
Thank you :)
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 03:20

New version 0.9.8 available.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

User avatar
alexalsp
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri, 18. Jul 14, 05:28
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 10:47

Code: Select all

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 'units_size_xl_cargo_hauler_2' has ungrouped engine connection 'con_engine_01'! @Artists
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Non-virtual module 'dockarea_units_player_m_macro' does not have a wreck geometry defined
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#anim_lights), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#fx_lights), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#part_detail_s_alpha), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#part_detail_xs), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [JobDB] Warning: JobID: 'argon_battleship_escort_xl_01' is defining a 'wing' quota but is not set to startactive="false", this may result in double the ships!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [JobDB] Warning: JobID: 'antigone_battleship_escort_xl_01' is defining a 'wing' quota but is not set to startactive="false", this may result in double the ships!



Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 11:57

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 10:47

Code: Select all

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 'units_size_xl_cargo_hauler_2' has ungrouped engine connection 'con_engine_01'! @Artists
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Non-virtual module 'dockarea_units_player_m_macro' does not have a wreck geometry defined
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#anim_lights), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#fx_lights), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#part_detail_s_alpha), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xr_shippack\assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_combat_a_data#part_detail_xs), pls fix!
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [JobDB] Warning: JobID: 'argon_battleship_escort_xl_01' is defining a 'wing' quota but is not set to startactive="false", this may result in double the ships!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [JobDB] Warning: JobID: 'antigone_battleship_escort_xl_01' is defining a 'wing' quota but is not set to startactive="false", this may result in double the ships!


Thank you. These are all more like warnings and should not effect the game in any way.

The first two warnings will be fixed in the next version, but I dont know how I can remove the warnings after that about the missing collision meshes. All the listed parts of the units_size_l_combat_a ship have the nocollision tag, so I dont know why this warning still appears.

I have added the startactive=false tag to the jobs, even if I dont know what it means. But the escorts in the vanilla job do have the same tag, so it should be ok.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

User avatar
alexalsp
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri, 18. Jul 14, 05:28
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:30

For more detailed error logging, start the game with the parameters.

Code: Select all

-skipintro -logfile debuglog.txt 
In this case, you can, before the release of the mod, check it for errors.

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:33

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:30
For more detailed error logging, start the game with the parameters.

Code: Select all

-skipintro -logfile debuglog.txt 
In this case, you can, before the release of the mod, check it for errors.
I have this enabled already, but I normally play with other mods as well and they produce a lot of errors as well. So sometimes I miss some errors and some errors I know but I dont know how to fix and they are harmless (like missing collision mesh).
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

User avatar
alexalsp
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri, 18. Jul 14, 05:28
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 13:43

just start a new game with one mod and check)). And it will not be necessary to leaf through kilometers of lines. :P

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 14:57

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 13:43
just start a new game with one mod and check)). And it will not be necessary to leaf through kilometers of lines. :P
In theory that is a good way, but some mods have dependancies and then it results in several restarts before you can test it and have all mods reactivated again. Sometimes I do this but often I am too lazy becauseI I also test the things out in game and when there are no bugs I am happy with it.
Also I have you ;).
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

User avatar
alexalsp
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri, 18. Jul 14, 05:28
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 17:00

Just rename the Extention folder to Extention 1, and create a new Extention folder))). And you don’t need to Off anything :)

Max Bain
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (17 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 18:34

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 17:00
Just rename the Extention folder to Extention 1, and create a new Extention folder))). And you don’t need to Off anything :)
Ah and then I have another folder I name Extension and put only XR Ship Pack inside? Thats a nice hack if it works!
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”