[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack - BROKEN in 6.0!!!

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:48

You cannot use the mod for version 6.0 of the game until the mod author fixes it. After the release of 6.0, all ship mods and stations are broken. Start a new game without mods and wait for them to be fixed.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 23:41

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:48
You cannot use the mod for version 6.0 of the game until the mod author fixes it. After the release of 6.0, all ship mods and stations are broken. Start a new game without mods and wait for them to be fixed.
Aranov helped me a lot the last couple of days and we are making great progress. So a release of a fix for 6.0 seems closer :).
I just hope that no more issues related to 6.0 appear.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 08:01

:)
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 14:41

Max Bain wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 23:41
alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:48
Aranov helped me a lot the last couple of days and we are making great progress. So a release of a fix for 6.0 seems closer :).
I just hope that no more issues related to 6.0 appear.
It'll work out and come together. Community here is full of good peeps.

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 READY!

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:28

The new version (on Nexus) is ready for 6.0.

So far it is only available on Nexus because I still cant update my Steam version for unknown reasons. Maybe I will upload this mod as a new mod for steam to fix the issue, but first I want to be sure that the new version is as bugfree as possible.

• Fixed collision models of all ships thx a lot to Shuulo and Aranov
  • Slightly repositioned large turret on Centaur
  • Increased tolerance of automatic docking
  • Fixed Millenium cargo drones and improved repair drones waypoints
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:37

Awesome achievement Max Bain & Team! :)

I'm not using your mod but I really admire your dedication and the fact that you pioneer such a complicated change on such a scale. :thumb_up:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:38

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:28

So far it is only available on Nexus because I still cant update my Steam version for unknown reasons. Maybe I will upload this mod as a new mod for steam to fix the issue, but first I want to be sure that the new version is as bugfree as possible.

Good job! If you could explain one day how to do the waypoints for drones etc ide really appreciate that!

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:46

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:37
Awesome achievement Max Bain & Team! :)

I'm not using your mod but I really admire your dedication and the fact that you pioneer such a complicated change on such a scale. :thumb_up:
Thank you :)
Axeface wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:38
Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:28

Good job! If you could explain one day how to do the waypoints for drones etc ide really appreciate that!
Seriously! I have no clue! It is a waste of time in 90% because I just try some changes, load, check the result in game, do more changes, load again, recheck in game and so on.
I wouldbe very happy if someone could explain how it works in detail.

I believe, that it works like you give the AI some navigation points it uses until it reaches the closes navigation point to the final location (damaged module) and then it flies from that last waypoint to that location, but seriously.. I dont know if thats how it works.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:54

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:46
I just try some changes, load, check the result in game, do more changes, load again, recheck in game and so on.
Lol, thats my world 90% of the time too. Ok nevermind then. Maybe someone else will do it.

Baconnaise
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 16:34

Nice work getting this updated so quickly.

Volken32

Post by Volken32 » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 18:11

@Max Bain great job on the 6.0 update. I'm trying to change the drag values for the ships (like the avenger mk1 & avenger mk2) but i'm having weird results with the max speed. The results from changing the drag values in the ship .macro files seem inconsistent with the "max speed = thrust / drag" formula. Do you have any additional parameters that affect the max speed or drag of your ships? I found a fix by multiplying my drag by 0.38 to achieve the desired max speed, but i still dont have an explanation why i have to do this in the first place.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 22:59

Volken32 wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 18:11
@Max Bain great job on the 6.0 update. I'm trying to change the drag values for the ships (like the avenger mk1 & avenger mk2) but i'm having weird results with the max speed. The results from changing the drag values in the ship .macro files seem inconsistent with the "max speed = thrust / drag" formula. Do you have any additional parameters that affect the max speed or drag of your ships? I found a fix by multiplying my drag by 0.38 to achieve the desired max speed, but i still dont have an explanation why i have to do this in the first place.
No, I havent changed anything specific to the thrust logic. Should be the standard formula.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 01:46

• Most shipgroup values have been adjusted to match 6.0 values (defines the quantity relation of different ship types of different ship classes)
  • ONLY if you use VRO -> now VRO battleships will no longer be removed (now all battleships of VRO are unique and of high quality)
  • Scaldis Carrier is now Antigone instead of Godrealm (Arawn is now only built by Argon Federation)
  • Omicron Destroyers (Stargazer and Doomhammer) are not built by AI anymore but can still be purchased (they looked not good enough and new paranid ships look much better)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 12:27

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 01:46
  • Omicron Destroyers (Stargazer and Doomhammer) are not built by AI anymore but can still be purchased (they looked not good enough and new paranid ships look much better)
How about moving these ships to ALI faction? Since ALI is multi-race corporation, these ships would stand out much less there than in Paranid.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 12:39

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 12:27
Max Bain wrote:
How about moving these ships to ALI faction? Since ALI is multi-race corporation, these ships would stand out much less there than in Paranid.
I thought about this. But HOP would not have a battleship than what would be kinda imbalanced especially because they are in war with so many factions at start.
Not sure if that would work.
But I am open for suggestions how to fix that. Maybe with more destroyers or carriers?

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 19:01

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 12:39
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 12:27
Max Bain wrote:
I thought about this. But HOP would not have a battleship than what would be kinda imbalanced especially because they are in war with so many factions at start.
Not sure if that would work.
But I am open for suggestions how to fix that. Maybe with more destroyers or carriers?
Factions aren't really balanced afaik. I'd imagine someone who is using mods will likely use custom starts which may have certain factions lose relevance due to storyline/mission options. I'm just pointing out the odd idea that HOP even exists on a fresh start.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. May 23, 13:34

I've made my REM mod fully compatible with XR Pack. REM makes the full Newtonian physics apply to the ships

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 5. May 23, 23:33

Max Bain wrote:
  • Most shipgroup values have been adjusted to match 6.0 values (defines the quantity relation of different ship types of different ship classes)
  • ONLY if you use VRO -> now VRO battleships will no longer be removed (now all battleships of VRO are unique and of high quality)
  • Scaldis Carrier is now Antigone instead of Godrealm (Arawn is now only built by Argon Federation)
Question - is 3.14 or 3.15 compactibile with VRO on it's own, or do I need XR VRO path as well?

VRO path seems not updated:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/420

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 8. May 23, 10:07

I have some errors in the log regarding battleships that are not generated

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'holyorder_battleship_patrol_xl_01'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 8. May 23, 15:05

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 23:33
Question - is 3.14 or 3.15 compactibile with VRO on it's own, or do I need XR VRO path as well?

VRO path seems not updated:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/420
The existing VRO Patch works fine as, if I understand correctly, it just rebalances a few values to fit in with VRO. The core 6.0 changes for ships and collisions are in the base XR Ship Pack mod. Been using it (with that older VRO patch) for a while and all seems well thus far.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”