[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sturmer

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. May 22, 22:31

Action_Parsnip wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 14:48
HI

Love the mod, had it in my run throughs for over a year.

Small bug though: I can't get to the bridge on the Paranid Dreadnought Battleship. I get into the elevator thing, set it to go to the bridge and can't physically step out of that area. There is an invisible wall stopping me from moving out the door. Can you help?

Thanks!
Dunno what's causing it (iirc some folks have claimed a specific turret mounted on the ship to be a cause), but can you move at all? Or are you stuck in place when you appear in the life?

Action_Parsnip

Post by Action_Parsnip » Sat, 7. May 22, 23:49

Sturmer wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 22:31
Action_Parsnip wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 14:48
HI

Love the mod, had it in my run throughs for over a year.

Small bug though: I can't get to the bridge on the Paranid Dreadnought Battleship. I get into the elevator thing, set it to go to the bridge and can't physically step out of that area. There is an invisible wall stopping me from moving out the door. Can you help?

Thanks!
Dunno what's causing it (iirc some folks have claimed a specific turret mounted on the ship to be a cause), but can you move at all? Or are you stuck in place when you appear in the life?
Hi!

Sadly I am stuck in the lift, cannot move or crouch or interact with the control panel. It's even bugged when I try to exit a fighter docked on the ship, I get down the ladder and cannot move around on the ground or even get back up the ladder.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 8. May 22, 07:44

It is not specific to XR ship pack. I have the problem in at least two other mods. It seems not related to a mod conflict. I experienced the problem having a very few mods installed, all from me and mostly not uploaded for public use.

I experienced this using teleport ; I was stuck in the elevator and unable to move to the corridor to access the bridge.

Landing on the small dock of the XL or L ship, I moved to the elevator related to this docking but once in the elevator I cant do anything ; elevator console is off no interaction possible. Impossible to go to the main bridge.

Worst case ; landing on the xl ship, I jumped from my small fighter to the docking pad to join the elevator, but i m stuck on the dockinbay when my feet touch it ;impossible to move, but I can teleport back to the fighter.

I think it is specific to the V5. I never experienced it before. I had the problem on ships where this problem never happened before with the V4.xx

I had also the case where the problem was delayed. I can teleport or land and use the elevator and all is normal. I can play the game, ctrl D and let the ship to the AI, move to navigation command console and press F2 to look outside with camera view, but 5 minutes later when I come back to the bridge and try to move to retake ship command I cant ; I m stuck on the main bridge and cant move anymore. Once more I can anyway teleport to an other ship where I m free to walk, move and act.

Recently One complain he wasnt able to reach the paranid dreadnought bridge. I download the XR ship pack and started a custom game ; I had no problem letting the game play 10 minutes. I landed, teleported and used the elevator several time, and walked everywhere without any problems. I have other exemple of the same ship with the same game version where one guy have a problem and an other not. It is why I thought first to a mod conflict, but I m not too sure now it can be the explanation.

Action_Parsnip

Post by Action_Parsnip » Mon, 9. May 22, 02:07

Malchar wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 07:44
It is not specific to XR ship pack. I have the problem in at least two other mods. It seems not related to a mod conflict. I experienced the problem having a very few mods installed, all from me and mostly not uploaded for public use.

I experienced this using teleport ; I was stuck in the elevator and unable to move to the corridor to access the bridge.

Landing on the small dock of the XL or L ship, I moved to the elevator related to this docking but once in the elevator I cant do anything ; elevator console is off no interaction possible. Impossible to go to the main bridge.

Worst case ; landing on the xl ship, I jumped from my small fighter to the docking pad to join the elevator, but i m stuck on the dockinbay when my feet touch it ;impossible to move, but I can teleport back to the fighter.

I think it is specific to the V5. I never experienced it before. I had the problem on ships where this problem never happened before with the V4.xx

I had also the case where the problem was delayed. I can teleport or land and use the elevator and all is normal. I can play the game, ctrl D and let the ship to the AI, move to navigation command console and press F2 to look outside with camera view, but 5 minutes later when I come back to the bridge and try to move to retake ship command I cant ; I m stuck on the main bridge and cant move anymore. Once more I can anyway teleport to an other ship where I m free to walk, move and act.

Recently One complain he wasnt able to reach the paranid dreadnought bridge. I download the XR ship pack and started a custom game ; I had no problem letting the game play 10 minutes. I landed, teleported and used the elevator several time, and walked everywhere without any problems. I have other exemple of the same ship with the same game version where one guy have a problem and an other not. It is why I thought first to a mod conflict, but I m not too sure now it can be the explanation.
Well funnily enough the latest patch notes for VRO mention exactly this problem and say it's fixed! Will test it out tomorrow.

Edit: Had a go today, it works! All ships work perfectly.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Mon, 9. May 22, 05:28

Related to a turret for VRO. I had no problem either with the paranid dreadnought, except the ship is so ugly it can be a problem in itself :lol:

TCG1988
x4

Post by TCG1988 » Sun, 22. May 22, 13:50

First i wanna thank you for your Mod. I played X4 with VRO and your ships for quite a while now. But i personally dont like the style of the new paranide ships. Ist just my own taste so no critics of your work. I therefore wanna ask for your OK If im gonna try to remove this ships from your Mod ( Just my Personal use, not gonna redestribute this anywhere). If you even could tell me how to do it, i would be very Happy :)

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 20. Jul 22, 14:13

TCG1988 wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 13:50
First i wanna thank you for your Mod. I played X4 with VRO and your ships for quite a while now. But i personally dont like the style of the new paranide ships. Ist just my own taste so no critics of your work. I therefore wanna ask for your OK If im gonna try to remove this ships from your Mod ( Just my Personal use, not gonna redestribute this anywhere). If you even could tell me how to do it, i would be very Happy :)
Bumping this question. I find some ships - Paranid destroyers especially, even more so after Paranid visual overhaul - out of place and would like to remove them while keeping the rest.
I edited "jobs" file to set fleets to "false". Let's see if this will prevent AI from building ships from the mod.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 20. Jul 22, 22:00

what happened to this mod ? no more updates, new ships, nothing.
and the last ships we got are .. well dunno how to say it .. worthg a sh1t...

i love this mod and i would nto play without it ofc but honestly ... some ships realy realy realy needs a rework in desing .....they start looking like shit.. like ... done fast in 4 mins just to have some more ships ...

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Tue, 13. Sep 22, 09:35

I did not find how top disable some ships in this mod, but I found a way to increase their cost in ressources dramatically :lol:
if I do this will it bug the game ? or will they simply skip building them ?

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 09:14

I managed to delete all ships I did not want here is how I did it

SirSnuffles —
@Bozz unpack the XR ship pack mod using the X catolog tool which you can find in the modding tools and tutorial thread in the x4 scripting forums. unpack the cat files into the XR ship pack folder in your extensions folder. once done delete the cat/dat folders but keep the content.xml file as is. Now onto modding the actuall files. go to assets/units/ship size (and the ship size of the ships you want to get rid of) fine the relevent folders with the ship name you dont like, and delete them. This should work but may require a new start to enable the changes

took some restarts because the files don't match the ships names but I managed to delete all those I did not want.

thanks to SirSnuffles

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 01:01

I have to say Max Bain, out of all the mods in the community this would be the 1st one I would want to nominate to be integrated into the game.

More diverse ships that handle different rolls is exactly what I thought it was missing the most and all I can say is thank you for doing the time and efforts to create and implement a magnificent mod.

That all being said, since you have a handle on L to XL ships, have you thought of some of the smaller ones with more specialized roles like a bomber or sniper ship? Will you also be doing capitol ships for Terran and pirate races?
Would also like to see carriers for Xenon and Kha'ak filled with smaller fighters and support ships. The Xenon can get tug ships, grab salvage from whatever they destroy, take it back to their carrier and continuously spew out new ships at set rates.

Not sure how the AI would handle that, but it would add that much more diversity.
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Wed, 21. Dec 22, 10:54

Hello, I like your mod especially the Arawn. And I think it would be really nice to add pirate ships for the Avarice's factions, for Yaki and another pirates like common pirate ships, this is lost sector mod in XR, there photos are exemple of pirate ship :

M => L size : https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 72309.jpeg |||||||| the same : https://i.imgur.com/hD1pdmv.jpeg

XL => XL size : https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 53053.jpeg

L => L size : https://apocalypse.moy.su/_fr/8/5331044.jpg ///|||\\\ the same but modified later L => XL size : https://i.imgur.com/wDUwUjx.jpeg ||||||| the same https://i.imgur.com/WOa3fqz.jpeg

But I remenber to saw pirate ships with an circle around and differents ship like that on L size.

What do you think about this idea ?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 4. Mar 23, 17:46

Will you be updating the mod for 6.0 beta?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 17:14

Looks like 6.0 breaks loadouts (shields, weapons, turrets, etc.) for ships of this mod. Can't upgrade any ship, not even "low, mid, high" presets work. As it stands this mod is unfit for anyone wanting to own ships within it, but it works for enemies.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 18:17

Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 12. Mar 23, 17:14
Looks like 6.0 breaks loadouts (shields, weapons, turrets, etc.) for ships of this mod. Can't upgrade any ship, not even "low, mid, high" presets work. As it stands this mod is unfit for anyone wanting to own ships within it, but it works for enemies.
I think everyone already knows that ship mods need to be updated for 6.0.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 00:47

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 12. Mar 23, 18:17
I think everyone already knows that ship mods need to be updated for 6.0.
Do they? The author of this mod was last online at the end of January. He may not be following forums or anything going on with this game, so he may not know about issues with his mod, but he may receive notifications of posts on his thread in his email box and thus read it - which is why I wrote this so bluntly here.

Wargear

Post by Wargear » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:25

My best guess is (And I'd do the same thing) that with a mod this extensive and popular he's not going to do anything or release an update until the betas are over and the final is released. Otherwise, bugs will likely keep popping up better to fix once than constantly chasing fires...
WGI Industries [modified]

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 04:03

The mod got updated on Nexus and now the turrets and engines are working. Thank you, Optimus!

mcjanu
x2

Post by mcjanu » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 09:23

Hi,

is there any ship statistic table for ships from this mode? It would be nice to have a tool to compare ships.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 13:44

There is still the collision issue, so most of the ships dont have a working collision model anymore.

I must admit, that if I would have to fix this in blender for each ship individually and export, convert and replace it one by one, that I most probably can not do this in the next days/weeks. I really hope that Egosoft can fix the issue on their end and just convert collision models when loading a mod automatically.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”