[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sturmer

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack - BROKEN in 6.0!!!

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 17:41

StoneLegionYT wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 21:46
Not sure if you know this, but you can downgrade back to 5.1 and continue to enjoy your game.
I don't want to downgrade. ;-)

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 17:49

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 08:50
You have to add save="0" in the context xml (see some other mods for example), load a savegame, save it (so that the is included) and then you can remove the mod.
Thank you kindly for the help. :)

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 02:48

Any progress? I love the variety that this mod adds and eagerly await it (and VRO).

I've took a crack at updating some ships despite not really knowing blender and made some progress.

Have one ship from another mod updated and tested, and working my way through the L ships here.
So far I've built or am building the following (Maybe using too high a detail with how long it's taking, testing also needs done.)
Spoiler
Show
units_arg_size_l_dest_a
units_arg_size_l_dest_b
units_arg_size_l_liquid_a
units_arg_size_l_liquid_b
units_arg_size_l_trans_a
units_arg_size_l_trans_b
However I've used the XR Converter to get the .dae files, some ships gave errors and did not convert.
Spoiler
Show
units_omi_size_xl_battle_a.xml"
Node antenna_main has invalid parent units_size_xl_cs_omicron_antenna_b

units_size_l_combat_b.xml"
Node part_detail_xs has invalid parent units_size_l_carrier_kit_front_b

units_size_l_omicron_trans_a.xml"
Node part_antenna_b has invalid parent units_size_xl_cs_omicron_antenna_b

units_size_l_omicron_trans_b.xml"
Node cargo_b_main has invalid parent units_size_xl_cs_omicron_cargo_b

units_tel_size_l_liquid_a.xml"
Node anim_livingsection_01 has invalid parent units_size_xl_te_kit_livingsection_b

units_tel_size_l_solid_a.xml"
Node anim_livingsection_01 has invalid parent units_size_xl_te_kit_livingsection_b

units_tel_size_l_trans_a.xml"
Now seeing what problems you posted earlier, a few notes:
1st, You don't need collision meshes in the .blend file you use. You shouldn't be getting "xcollision" outputs.
To give an example of what you need,
Spoiler
Show
part_main-hull.jcs
part_main-mesh.jcs
part_main-collision.xmf

Note the last one is -collision, not xcollision. and also the .xmf
Do not use the lod0, other wise ship textures go wrong.
2nd, Rotation. It's important and weird. You need to rotate 180d if fresh out of the XR Converter, front should point towards the Green Y in the XYZ axis in the corner.
Then you need to apply it via CTRL-A and select rotation, then it's not enough to rotate just the top node. You need to make sure everything aligns at 0d with the top node.
Easiest way I found, hit the top node with select hierarchy and then CTRL-A and select rotation.

I hope this is some help and made sense. Personally am running a minor fever so not sure if I being clear but with nothing to do comes boredom.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 03:28

The mod is now disappeared from steam workshop. :(

I wish the author would leave it up for people who will stay on 5.1 until thing settle down on 6.0, even if he does not plan to update it any more.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 10:29

Aranov wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 02:48
Any progress? I love the variety that this mod adds and eagerly await it (and VRO).

I've took a crack at updating some ships despite not really knowing blender and made some progress.

Have one ship from another mod updated and tested, and working my way through the L ships here.
So far I've built or am building the following (Maybe using too high a detail with how long it's taking, testing also needs done.)
Spoiler
Show
units_arg_size_l_dest_a
units_arg_size_l_dest_b
units_arg_size_l_liquid_a
units_arg_size_l_liquid_b
units_arg_size_l_trans_a
units_arg_size_l_trans_b
However I've used the XR Converter to get the .dae files, some ships gave errors and did not convert.
Spoiler
Show
units_omi_size_xl_battle_a.xml"
Node antenna_main has invalid parent units_size_xl_cs_omicron_antenna_b

units_size_l_combat_b.xml"
Node part_detail_xs has invalid parent units_size_l_carrier_kit_front_b

units_size_l_omicron_trans_a.xml"
Node part_antenna_b has invalid parent units_size_xl_cs_omicron_antenna_b

units_size_l_omicron_trans_b.xml"
Node cargo_b_main has invalid parent units_size_xl_cs_omicron_cargo_b

units_tel_size_l_liquid_a.xml"

units_tel_size_l_solid_a.xml"

units_tel_size_l_trans_a.xml"
Now seeing what problems you posted earlier, a few notes:
1st, You don't need collision meshes in the .blend file you use. You shouldn't be getting "xcollision" outputs.
To give an example of what you need,
Spoiler
Show
part_main-hull.jcs
part_main-mesh.jcs
part_main-collision.xmf

Note the last one is -collision, not xcollision. and also the .xmf
Do not use the lod0, other wise ship textures go wrong.
2nd, Rotation. It's important and weird. You need to rotate 180d if fresh out of the XR Converter, front should point towards the Green Y in the XYZ axis in the corner.
Then you need to apply it via CTRL-A and select rotation, then it's not enough to rotate just the top node. You need to make sure everything aligns at 0d with the top node.
Easiest way I found, hit the top node with select hierarchy and then CTRL-A and select rotation.

I hope this is some help and made sense. Personally am running a minor fever so not sure if I being clear but with nothing to do comes boredom.
Hi Aranov,

first thank you for trying to help here.
I also hope you get well soon!

I should have the original blender files on my pc, so if you reach the point where you need more files, I can upload them. But to reach that point its a long way.
The issue with the Xcollision file is already solved. Shuulo explained me my issue here.
Rotation works with 180d on the z axis (and then applying it to all nodes), but not always it seems.
Actually I am trying to fix the Arawn with Shuulos help and even when we managed to create a working collision shape for the projectiles, it still is a big issue to enter the interiour and land on the dock. So testing for each ship is important.

If you manage to finalize a ship (please test projectile collision AND docking collision as well as walking around the dock and bridge), post it here or send me a PM, so we can organize it a bit and no one does work twice.
I will focus on XL ships except the Khaak Queen. That ship I have fixed already. So better pick L ships.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 10:31

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 03:28
The mod is now disappeared from steam workshop. :(

I wish the author would leave it up for people who will stay on 5.1 until thing settle down on 6.0, even if he does not plan to update it any more.
The Steam version was outdated anyway because I couldnt update the mod over the uploader anymore. Also I dont want people with 6.0 to load the mod and complain about all the issues they get.
However there is still the mod version on Nexus (link on end of first post) which is even more up to date than the steam version was. So use this version instead of steam please.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 13:26

@bain .. on nexxus is a modder who released already working ship mods

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription this ship for example, yes its just an S ship, but he updatet it to 6.0
Updated version of the Mod for 6.0
- Created new collision meshes
- Added the new tags for the usage of engines, shields, weapons and so on

here isa ship mod too updatet for 6.0

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription

contact them, maybe they can help or give some hints advise who knows :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 14:39

Max I've got my Kea working fully - I'm going to make a video of the full process as a memory aid for both myself and the community but need to find the time to do it, hopefully within the next few days. Cyclops still wont allow me to walk on the interiors no matter what I do, its infuriating.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 14:41

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 14:39
Max I've got my Kea working fully - I'm going to make a video of the full process as a memory aid for both myself and the community but need to find the time to do it, hopefully within the next few days. Cyclops still wont allow me to walk on the interiors no matter what I do, its infuriating.

Great news about Kea! Will you be uploading the new version soon?

Is the Cyclops issue because of your changes? Cause I captained my Cyclops (that I bought and outfitted while still in 5.10) in latest 6.0 just last night and it worked without a problem.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:45

Just a short and quick update, the fever has been kicking my butt today so not much progress testing.

Some ships seem fine at first, pretty sure the Hermod is good to go for example, but I've mostly been stuck on the Braveheart and Arrakis which is in turn slowing down testing of all other ships.

Braveheart 's front and rear collision aren't being picked up by the game, and the Arrakis's wings are showing along the top and bottom of the ship in blender, rather then the sides.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 22:06

Sounds like progress is being made, even if it's a hard slog. Your efforts are much appreciated guys.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:00

Aranov wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:45
Just a short and quick update, the fever has been kicking my butt today so not much progress testing.

Some ships seem fine at first, pretty sure the Hermod is good to go for example, but I've mostly been stuck on the Braveheart and Arrakis which is in turn slowing down testing of all other ships.

Braveheart 's front and rear collision aren't being picked up by the game, and the Arrakis's wings are showing along the top and bottom of the ship in blender, rather then the sides.
Aranov... I send you a PM. If you have issues with blender files generated by the converter, better ask me for the original files.
But if you are sick, please take a rest first! Its just a game...

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:17

Axeface wrote:
The thing is, I think I already understand how the tool works. The issue is that there are problems with some invisible walls at locations where there shouldnt be anything and in xml I couldnt find anything as well. The strange thing is that collision for projectiles works perfectly.

By the way, if anyone else has the idea to fix some ships: Here are ships that are already fixed:
Q
Queen
Terror
Arakis
Bravehart
Mirage (gas)
Mirage (Mineral)
Arawn
Scylla

Working on Arawn and Scylla actually.

So no one is doing work twice.
Last edited by Max Bain on Thu, 20. Apr 23, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 00:42

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:17
Axeface wrote:
The thing is, I think I already understand how the tool works. The issue is that there are problems with some invisible walls at locations where there shouldnt be anything and in xml I couldnt find anything as well. The strange thing is that collision for projectiles works perfectly.

By the way, if anyone else has the idea to fix some ships: Here are ships that are already fixed:
Q
Queen
Terror
Arakis
Bravehart
Mirage (gas)
Mirage (Mineral)

Working on Arawn and Scylla actually.

So no one is doing work twice.
Understood, not sure if its the same problem as with your ships but today I got the cyclops stuck-on-docks and cockpit issue solved. Shuulo mentioned that it might be the gun because I made a bespoke gun for it.... it was the gun breaking walking for the entire ship of all things. Shuulo had said earlier in one of the threads here that it was missing collision for one of the ships components but I never thought that might mean a weapon, especially as the weapon is in a seperate mod from the ship!

Ive got invisible wall problems too by the way - cant dock on the cyclops now but can walk on it, and the hulls I generated look good - have to regenerate :evil: :lol:

jambock
x4

Post by jambock » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 06:20

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 20:58
Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 12:47
just realisied that all ships are broken. Even if some have working collision meshes, you can not land on them.
I'm guessing it's impossible to remove the mod from a save?
You have to add save="0" in the context xml (see some other mods for example), load a savegame, save it (so that the is included) and then you can remove the mod.

Before saving I would sell the ships, to get the money back ;)
Can anyone please help me with this? I have no idea of how to do this and i would like to erase this mod from my save. Tyvm in advance.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 08:04

jambock wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 06:20
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 20:58

I'm guessing it's impossible to remove the mod from a save?

Can anyone please help me with this? I have no idea of how to do this and i would like to erase this mod from my save. Tyvm in advance.
if the savegame loads on 6.0
  • goto the extension folder
  • goto the mod you want to uninstall
  • open the content.xml
  • in the main node add save="0"
  • save the file
  • start the game, load the save
  • sell your ships
  • save the game
  • close the game
  • delete the folder
if the savegame does not load on 6.0
  • downgrade the game to 5.x
  • open the content.xml
  • save the file
  • sell your ships
  • save the game
  • close the game
  • delete the folder
  • update the game to 6.0
example from a random mod i found on my disc:

Code: Select all

<content id="asdf" name="The mod named ASDF" description="asdf" author="idkfa" version="1" date="2023-01-22" save="0" enabled="1" sync="false" lastupdate="1674374544">
If you have to downgrade, copy the full folder of the game before, rename it to 4x_backup (or whatever), do the stuff, i wrote and just rename it back auf the cleanup. So you dont have to download everything again.

I backupped the 5.x Game before i updated, because i knew, there migth be issues ;)
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

jambock
x4

Post by jambock » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 08:51

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 08:04
jambock wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 06:20
|K.O.S.H. wrote:

if the savegame loads on 6.0
  • open the content.xml
  • save the file
  • sell your ships
  • save the game
  • close the game
  • delete the folder
if the savegame does not load on 6.0
  • downgrade the game to 5.x
  • open the content.xml
  • save the file
  • sell your ships
  • save the game
  • close the game
  • delete the folder
  • update the game to 6.0
example from a random mod i found on my disc:

<content id="asdf" name="The mod named ASDF" description="asdf" author="idkfa" version="1" date="2023-01-22" save="0" enabled="1" sync="false" lastupdate="1674374544">
If you have to downgrade, copy the full folder of the game before, rename it to 4x_backup (or whatever), do the stuff, i wrote and just rename it back auf the cleanup. So you dont have to download everything again.

I backupped the 5.x Game before i updated, because i knew, there migth be issues ;)
Ty for the answer; but it seems that i messed up the things before i read your answer; simple because i had it (xr shippack) installed via Steam, but since it was not available via steam anymore i decided to reinstall it with the Nexus version before try to "erase" it; now my saves don't load... Is very late here (4AM); i'll try again during the day, again thanks and if you can help me witch any more info i will be very grateful.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 11:10

jambock wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 08:51
Ty for the answer; but it seems that i messed up the things before i read your answer; simple because i had it (xr shippack) installed via Steam, but since it was not available via steam anymore i decided to reinstall it with the Nexus version before try to "erase" it; now my saves don't load... Is very late here (4AM); i'll try again during the day, again thanks and if you can help me witch any more info i will be very grateful.
is the ship pack the only mod, you have installed?
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 11:46

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 11:10
jambock wrote:
Open the save file in a text editor that can open large files.
Find at the top of the line like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<savegame>
<info>
<save name="#001" date="1545321720"/>
<game id="X4" version="150" build="326009" time="122982.575" code="381994" original="150" start="x4ep1_gamestart_fight" seed="470613274" guid="CAD9E93F-3B45-48DC-951C-20F76ABEF8C8"/>
<player name="Аманкалат" location="{20004,470011}" money="7618186507"/>
<patches>
<patch extension="Behemoth_Renegade" version="230" name="Behemoth Renegade"/>
<patch extension="Sonra_Prototype" version="1" name="Sonra Prototype"/>
</patches>
</info>
Find your mod here

<patches>
</patches>
and delete the line with it. Save the file and try.
Before doing this, make a backup copy of the file, just in case.

jambock
x4

Post by jambock » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 18:32

Hi, good day. Thanks for the answers.
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 11:10
jambock wrote:
Yes, it's the only one.
alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 11:46

Open the save file in a text editor that can open large files.
Find at the top of the line like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<savegame>
<info>
<save name="#001" date="1545321720"/>
<game id="X4" version="150" build="326009" time="122982.575" code="381994" original="150" start="x4ep1_gamestart_fight" seed="470613274" guid="CAD9E93F-3B45-48DC-951C-20F76ABEF8C8"/>
<player name="Аманкалат" location="{20004,470011}" money="7618186507"/>
<patches>
</patches>
</info>
Find your mod here

<patches>
</patches>
and delete the line with it. Save the file and try.
Before doing this, make a backup copy of the file, just in case.
Just tried this, now i can load the modified save; but most ships (mine and NPC) don't move. The ones that i own i discovered that if i take command and then let the pilot back to command everything get back to normal; the npc ones i have no idea of what i can do...

Edit: After try for some time reinstall the Nexus mod version the saves are finally working again, but with the mod in the state of not being compatible with 6.0.

Edit 2: Tried the solution that K.O.S.H. explained (save 0) and it appears to have worked; i still see one or other ship that don't move on the map but very few; i'll try to keep playing this way and see if things get back to normal with time. Thank you very much for all the help guys; if you have anything to add please be my guest. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”