[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Komotz
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (27 ships now)

Post by Komotz » Thu, 6. Feb 20, 04:32

I'm super thankful for your work on this mod, loved the ships in X-Rebirth, especially the Omicron Lyrae ships (mainly the Fulmekron, Olmekron, and Lyramekron). Very excited when you start work on those, I'll test those things straight into the ground.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 6. Feb 20, 09:33

Glad you like it.
It is very likely that I will add some more omicron ships (especially the transports) in the future, but I dont have any time frame yet. The next version will be a smaller one with just some bug fixes.
I finally found out how to make carriers behave like real carriers with supply and repair options :).
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 6. Feb 20, 20:23

Just uploaded 1.0.7. It mainly contains bug fixes and little changes. But for carriers it is very important (you might need to rebuild them to use the new resuply/repair ability - havent tried it).
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 13:40

Thanks for this awesome mod!

With 3.0 on the horizon, I'm using the VRO 2.0 beta and have all of the other mods recommended. I started a save but have realized from your Nexus Mods comments that this pack is (of course) not balanced around VRO and existing saves will remain that way. If you have the VRO-balanced files around, is it possible to acquire them to restart and not put any more time into a messed-up universe? Even as a "beta" or unofficial, no-support release.

Would love to play with your beautiful ships. Cheers!

Edit: would it work to play without this but with VRO 2.0 beta, then grab this mod when the VRO compatibility is released? Or must it be installed from the start?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 17:09

HateDread wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 13:40

With 3.0 on the horizon, I'm using the VRO 2.0 beta and have all of the other mods recommended. I started a save but have realized from your Nexus Mods comments that this pack is (of course) not balanced around VRO and existing saves will remain that way. If you have the VRO-balanced files around, is it possible to acquire them to restart and not put any more time into a messed-up universe? Even as a "beta" or unofficial, no-support release.

Edit: would it work to play without this but with VRO 2.0 beta, then grab this mod when the VRO compatibility is released? Or must it be installed from the start?
Hi,

there are 2 scenarios possible:

1. you play with the actual XR Ship Pack and VRO 2.0. In this case the ships are not very balanced. L and XL ships from the Ship Pack have less hull points and are a bit cheaper in general.
Later when the XR Ship Pack Submod for the VRO Balance comes out, all your already bought ships and all NPC ships that are already built will get the new balanced ship hull values (and some freighters get increased capacities). Never the less, the already built ships will not get the new internal shields that come with VRO 2.0. That means, that the regeneration of shields will be way slower than it should. All ships that you will buy after you have installed the VRO Ship Pack version (when it comes out) will sure get the internal shields, so this is only relevant for all to date existing ships.
Advantage: AI will produce the new ships right from start.
Disadvantage: L and XL ships are weaker and a bit cheaper

2. You wait until the SHip Pack VRO version comes out. Then all new ships will get the new values and internal shields. This sure means, that the AI too has to start building the new ships from scratch. So it will take a lot more time until you will see some flying around.
Advantage: good balance from start but no new ships until VRO Version comes out
Disadvantage: AI will not use the new ships until VRO Version comes out.

Both scenarios are completely possible. Over a long play time you lose nothing in both.

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03

Max Bain wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 17:09
HateDread wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 13:40

Hi,

there are 2 scenarios possible:

1. you play with the actual XR Ship Pack and VRO 2.0. In this case the ships are not very balanced. L and XL ships from the Ship Pack have less hull points and are a bit cheaper in general.
Later when the XR Ship Pack Submod for the VRO Balance comes out, all your already bought ships and all NPC ships that are already built will get the new balanced ship hull values (and some freighters get increased capacities). Never the less, the already built ships will not get the new internal shields that come with VRO 2.0. That means, that the regeneration of shields will be way slower than it should. All ships that you will buy after you have installed the VRO Ship Pack version (when it comes out) will sure get the internal shields, so this is only relevant for all to date existing ships.
Advantage: AI will produce the new ships right from start.
Disadvantage: L and XL ships are weaker and a bit cheaper

2. You wait until the SHip Pack VRO version comes out. Then all new ships will get the new values and internal shields. This sure means, that the AI too has to start building the new ships from scratch. So it will take a lot more time until you will see some flying around.
Advantage: good balance from start but no new ships until VRO Version comes out
Disadvantage: AI will not use the new ships until VRO Version comes out.

Both scenarios are completely possible. Over a long play time you lose nothing in both.
Hey, thanks for your detailed answer! The situation makes more sense now. Just to be clear - is there no way to convert ships built before the new version, perhaps even with cheats? I'm at the financial stage of being able to buy the ship pack's capital ships :) I suppose it's not a big deal since they're cheaper, thus balanced in a way.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:26

HateDread wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03
Hey, thanks for your detailed answer! The situation makes more sense now. Just to be clear - is there no way to convert ships built before the new version, perhaps even with cheats? I'm at the financial stage of being able to buy the ship pack's capital ships :) I suppose it's not a big deal since they're cheaper, thus balanced in a way.
I am pretty sure that it would be possible by editing your safe game, but I have no idea how complicated that is. You would have to add the internal shield component (which is individual for each ship) to each of your built ships. Can be easy, but also can be difficult. I never have done this and you should ask someone else for more help here - sorry.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 2. Mar 20, 00:23

IMO, can be easier just sell and buy new ship, while loosing credits and time its the most painless way.

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (28 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 16:45

Hi guys,

I just uploaded 1.0.8 to Nexus (and not to Steam).

I want you to test something out for me if possible. I changed the Fedhelm transport to an asteroid miner because there are already 4 L sized transports for Argons and the ship fits better to a miner because of the Hermod as an liquid miner. and similar design.
So I changed the cargo type (and some other values and modules).
All existing Fedhelms need to dock and get an L mining turret and some mining drones. Additionally, the orders need to change from auto trade to auto mine.

Can you please tell me if that works without big problems? If yes, I will upload it to Steam as well. Thank you.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 08:21

Really appreciate your work max bain
Hope you'll do something similar with XR stations in the future

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 14:31

Riccardoman wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 08:21
Really appreciate your work max bain
Hope you'll do something similar with XR stations in the future
Thank you, but I must disappoint you. Stations are out of scope of this mod and it would take a ton of work to add new stations (and what role would they have?).

Apart from that I want to switch from modding to playing in the near future (that was the whole plan). So if the Ship Pack is compatible with Vendetta, I will start playing the game finally. I might add some M ships in the future, but I can not promise them at all.

AaronS
x3

Post by AaronS » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 11:46

I love the ships, the scaldis reminds me on the ww2 era carriers and so far is my favourite.
Thanks for giving of your time to bring us these ships.
If I wanted to add turrets and move some of the docks (so that they are uniform) how would I go about doing that?
Any advise you could give I would appreciate it. I have looked at the ship tutorials, but they weren't very helpful.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:44

AaronS wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 11:46
I love the ships, the scaldis reminds me on the ww2 era carriers and so far is my favourite.
Thanks for giving of your time to bring us these ships.
If I wanted to add turrets and move some of the docks (so that they are uniform) how would I go about doing that?
Any advise you could give I would appreciate it. I have looked at the ship tutorials, but they weren't very helpful.
Thank you!

Adding turrets is not very easy and takes time if you havent done it before. Removing on the other hand is quite simple.
In the shipname.xml files (not the macro file) there are all coordinates of the modules listed and what type of module it is.

But to get these coodrinates you need to work with Blender or 3DSMax, a tool to make readable 3D files (.dae files) for the program and a tool to generate the coordinates for the new modules if you dont want to calculate them by hand (what I strongly suggest).
It is not easy to explain how the whole work chain works and there is at least one good tutorial from BrummBear in the modding forum for doing this I think.
But dont think that it is a task you can do in a few minutes. Even when you know how to do it, it takes some time until you have a good looking place for a module and everything works right.

AaronS
x3

Post by AaronS » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:52

What I had in mind was to add large turrets to the cutouts on the front, and four medium turrets per side two on top and two on bottom.
The docks I wanted too move them around so that they were connected.
I don't know if they ai would interfere with each other though.
I wanted to make it resemble the ww2 carriers, the USS Saipan used to have two five inch guns on the front for support.
I love the sight of the small ships screaming out of the hold.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 12:19

Are you planning to add any ships to Split?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:26

Meme Turtle wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 12:19
Are you planning to add any ships to Split?
Because there is just one Split ship in X Rebirth the Split will only get one ship. This is the Red Knight btw, so this ship will switch from Paranids to Split.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 18:34

If you are creating a new update, I may make a couple of suggestions:

1.) The AI has quite a bit of problem with "upside-down" docking bays. OOS mining with, say, the Fedheim is fine, but in-sector the drones don't seem to be able to dock.
2.) The Sulaco's bridge is too far aft. This I just noticed: the model has a bridge-like piece immediately over top of the original model's drone bay.
3.) PLEASE bring over the X:R cargo ships. The Plutarch trade ships were some of my favorite cargo vessels ever. The X:4 cargo ships are dull.

Excellent work, regardless! A lot of hard work must have gone into this and I love it.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 20:12

captainradish wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 18:34

1.) The AI has quite a bit of problem with "upside-down" docking bays. OOS mining with, say, the Fedheim is fine, but in-sector the drones don't seem to be able to dock.
2.) The Sulaco's bridge is too far aft. This I just noticed: the model has a bridge-like piece immediately over top of the original model's drone bay.
3.) PLEASE bring over the X:R cargo ships. The Plutarch trade ships were some of my favorite cargo vessels ever. The X:4 cargo ships are dull.

Excellent work, regardless! A lot of hard work must have gone into this and I love it.
Hi,

thanks for your feedback :).

Are you playing with Beta 3? Because I just tested the docking on the Fedhelm and my drones had absolutely no problem dockung on the landing pads on the lower side of the ship. I watched several landing procedures.

I prefer bridges where I can see some parts of the ship in front of the bridge, thats why the Sulaco has a bridge that is a bit more behind, even when the visual bridge is at its front.

Right now I dont have any more ships in the pipe. I will see how Split and 3.0 will work and what is missing the most after release, but it might take some time before I continue porting more ships. Most important now is to make it compatible with Split and 3.0 and have it bugfree.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 22:30

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 20:12
captainradish wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 18:34

Hi,

thanks for your feedback :).

Are you playing with Beta 3? Because I just tested the docking on the Fedhelm and my drones had absolutely no problem dockung on the landing pads on the lower side of the ship. I watched several landing procedures.

I prefer bridges where I can see some parts of the ship in front of the bridge, thats why the Sulaco has a bridge that is a bit more behind, even when the visual bridge is at its front.

Right now I dont have any more ships in the pipe. I will see how Split and 3.0 will work and what is missing the most after release, but it might take some time before I continue porting more ships. Most important now is to make it compatible with Split and 3.0 and have it bugfree.
Yep, playing on 3.0. I'm curious now if it is something one of my mods is doing, although I'm pretty sure I weeded out everything that affects the so called "tactical" AI. Perhaps I missed something. My drones tend to rather sputter around when trying to dock on the platforms on the bottom. Ships seem to do a little better, but they still are not happy about flipping over.

I prefer looking over my ships as well. The Sulaco is really the only ship where the model's bridge doesn't line up with the view and it somewhat bothers me. Fortunately, I typically play in 3rd person mode when I'm on the bridge of one of my big ships.

Too bad about the merchies. I love the ones that you currently have; I'm just sad about the general lack of variety compared to prior games (and the big PMC transport ships were my favorite from any X game I've played).

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 00:48

captainradish wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 22:30
Yep, playing on 3.0. I'm curious now if it is something one of my mods is doing, although I'm pretty sure I weeded out everything that affects the so called "tactical" AI. Perhaps I missed something. My drones tend to rather sputter around when trying to dock on the platforms on the bottom. Ships seem to do a little better, but they still are not happy about flipping over.

I prefer looking over my ships as well. The Sulaco is really the only ship where the model's bridge doesn't line up with the view and it somewhat bothers me. Fortunately, I typically play in 3rd person mode when I'm on the bridge of one of my big ships.

Too bad about the merchies. I love the ones that you currently have; I'm just sad about the general lack of variety compared to prior games (and the big PMC transport ships were my favorite from any X game I've played).
I tested it with mining drones. Watched about 10 docking maneuvers and all worked like a charm. So until some more people complain about ships not being able to dock on the bottom side, this will not be treated like a bug. But because I have these ships in game since a very early version and so far no one complained about this, I am pretty sure that it must be on your side.

You can adjust the sulacos bridge yourself anytime, you know. You just need to increase the Z coordinate of the cockpit position until you have a nice value.

I havent said that I will not add more ships in the future, but I must say that I am a bit tired of modding right now. I have 379 hours of X4 playtime in steam but I really played maybe 50 hours. And most of the modding time was even outside of X4 in Blender and other tools.
So I reached nearly 1000 hours of modding time while doing all this because I finally want to play the game :D.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”