[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

scrab21
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (finally with paintjobs)

Post by scrab21 » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 20:57

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 20:44
scrab21 wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 19:35
any way to only get the xenon ship?
You need to remove all wares except the Q and you need to remove all ships from the shipgroups except the Q. I guess thats all. Maybe you also need to remove the jobs.xml but dont know.
i see hmm, thank you so much, i'll try different workarounds :gruebel:

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:13

Patch is needed for last version ?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 12:29

ObsidianOne wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:13
Patch is needed for last version ?
No, but it is online now anyway :P.

• Added Braveheart as Argon (Ant) missile destroyer
  • Added Polaris as large Argon (Ant) freighter
  • Added Polaris (Gas) as large Argon (Ant) gas miner
  • Added Rahanis as large Argon (Ant) freighter
  • Added Rahanis (Gas) as large Argon (Ant) gas miner
  • Added Khaak Queen as destroyer (will spawn to defend Khaak installations or roam around the universe - it should not spawn at miners [not yet])
  • Added Arrakis as Argon (Arg) large destroyer
  • Added Harvester (Gas) as large Teladi miner
  • Added Harvester (Mineral) as large Teladi miner
  • Added Starlifter as large Teladi transport
  • Added Ragnarokh as heavy Teladi destroyer
  • Added Dreadnought as Paranid (Par) extralarge battleship
  • Added Terror as Paranid (Hol) battleship
  • Added Mirage (Gas) as Paranid (God) large gas miner
  • Added Mirage (Mineral) as Paranid (God) large miner
  • Added Klendathu as Paranid (God) L destroyer
  • Terror replaces Thanatos (AI wont build Thanatos anymore, but the ship stays in game to stay compatibile with older saves)
  • In the name list on the map "Gas" or "Mineral" were added for better visibility for all XR miners
  • Adjusted ship production components for all ships to match 4.0 economy (selling XR ships to AI should give the same margins as vanilla ships now)
  • Increased speed and agility of Kraken
  • Changed dock position for Excalibur
  • Changed name of Shark to Centurion
  • Changed weapon and main shield positions on PAR Shark (now Centurion) destroyer
  • Increased missile capacity on Centurion
  • Increased price of Xenon Q
  • Added a third weapon to Paranid Doomhammer
  • Adjusted all gas miners to 4.0 changes (no gather rate anymore)
  • Fixed several log errors
  • Fixed wrong alignment of bottom M turrets on Titurel
  • Fixed docking procedure when loading/unloading the Titurel
  • Fixed several log errors
  • Just in case you wanna support me, you can now become my patreon =) (see mod page if interested)
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 14:04

Thanks for the update, much appreciated! :)

Scoob.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 14:42

Nice , thanks for update haha.Best timing ever :D

Phinixa
x4

Post by Phinixa » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:06

Asking because Im about to download the mod: Is there any way to remove it on an existing save manually? For example destroying ALL existing ships(via cheats)?

EDIT: Also, can you add the Vortex download button to the newest version on nexusmods?
Last edited by Phinixa on Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
***modified*** 4 life!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:07

Edit: Looks like I had missing entries in a t-file for FOCW Corporations Revised.

Hi,

I've spotted an error not totally sure which mod is to blame as the ship's in question appear to be both XR Ship Mod added ships and ship belonging to one of the FOCW Corporations Revised new Faction.

Here's what I posted on the FOCW Corporations Revised thread:

"As I run multiple mods, I'm not totally sure if yours is the one with the error here. However, some ships belonging to the "Dal"Family Dal Faction show as "Dal =ReadText40000-137=" followed by the ship name and ID. I've not seen this error with any regular faction ships, but that might just be coincidence.

Note: the ship in question I have this issue with currently is an "Astral" added by the XR Ship Pack, so perhaps the issue lies with that mod? I will post on that thread also."

Thought I should comment on both threads as the ships in question - at least the one's I've spotted - appear to subject to BOTH mods.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:00

Phinixa wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:06
Asking because Im about to download the mod: Is there any way to remove it on an existing save manually? For example destroying ALL existing ships(via cheats)?
I have not done this yet, so I can not tell you exactly how it works. But I think you would need to load the game with the mod active and while you are in game you need to change the mod to save game compatible (change flag in content.xml). Then save it and it should be loadable with the mod deactivated. But I am not sure what happens with the content from the mod. I guess that it will just disappear but maybe it is not possible to load the game at all. So you need to try out.
Phinixa wrote:
EDIT: Also, can you add the Vortex download button to the newest version on nexusmods?
No. I did that in the first versions and it produced many problems and people were not able to use the mod. Thats why I deactivated it.

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:07
Edit: Looks like I had missing entries in a t-file for FOCW Corporations Revised.

Hi,

I've spotted an error not totally sure which mod is to blame as the ship's in question appear to be both XR Ship Mod added ships and ship belonging to one of the FOCW Corporations Revised new Faction.

Here's what I posted on the FOCW Corporations Revised thread:

"As I run multiple mods, I'm not totally sure if yours is the one with the error here. However, some ships belonging to the "Dal"Family Dal Faction show as "Dal =ReadText40000-137=" followed by the ship name and ID. I've not seen this error with any regular faction ships, but that might just be coincidence.

Note: the ship in question I have this issue with currently is an "Astral" added by the XR Ship Pack, so perhaps the issue lies with that mod? I will post on that thread also."

Thought I should comment on both threads as the ships in question - at least the one's I've spotted - appear to subject to BOTH mods.

Cheers,

Scoob.
Pretty sure that this is not from this mod because I dont have a text code "40000-137"
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:45

That's weird. There's an entire paragraph missing from my edit. I went on to explain that this was a FOCW Corporations Revised issue - basically two lines in the 0001.xml file were missing from the version I downloaded. It was purely coincidental that the first 4-5 ships I spotted with this error were ones added by XR Ship Mod.

Scoob.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 01:53

I'm kind of surprised to see the newly added Dreadnaught is a Paranid ship, it very much reminds me of a terran ship from x3.... Why give it to the Paranid, it doesn't seem to fit with their style all that well?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 13:14

AkiraR wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 01:53
I'm kind of surprised to see the newly added Dreadnaught is a Paranid ship, it very much reminds me of a terran ship from x3.... Why give it to the Paranid, it doesn't seem to fit with their style all that well?
I thought about it, but I decided against it.

1. It has clearly the same style as the Sucellus, Klendathu and the other XR terran ships (look at the wings in the back) which I would all have to switch over to the Terrans as well
2. this would result in Godrealm having a lot less differnt ships
3. most important this would mean I would see more uggly L and XL vanilla Paranid ships which I dont want
4. Terrans dont lack new ships as urgent as the older factions (they have 2 destroyers and 1 battleship)

When I have enough different Paranid ships to completely switch all XR Terran ships over or if Egosoft releases a paranid ship model overhaul dlc, I will think about this again.

Edit: to make it a bit more clear: I want to do it, but only if Paranids still would have enough nice ships left

Phinixa
x4

Post by Phinixa » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 13:33

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:00
Phinixa wrote:
I have not done this yet, so I can not tell you exactly how it works. But I think you would need to load the game with the mod active and while you are in game you need to change the mod to save game compatible (change flag in content.xml). Then save it and it should be loadable with the mod deactivated. But I am not sure what happens with the content from the mod. I guess that it will just disappear but maybe it is not possible to load the game at all. So you need to try out.
Phinixa wrote:
No. I did that in the first versions and it produced many problems and people were not able to use the mod. Thats why I deactivated it.
Thanks für the info, guess its time to give your mod a shot! As for the Nexus Button: That sucks to hear :/ Guess I just have to remember to manually disable it to not pollute other savegames.
***modified*** 4 life!

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 00:37

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 13:14
AkiraR wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 01:53
I thought about it, but I decided against it.

1. It has clearly the same style as the Sucellus, Klendathu and the other XR terran ships (look at the wings in the back) which I would all have to switch over to the Terrans as well
2. this would result in Godrealm having a lot less differnt ships
3. most important this would mean I would see more uggly L and XL vanilla Paranid ships which I dont want
4. Terrans dont lack new ships as urgent as the older factions (they have 2 destroyers and 1 battleship)

When I have enough different Paranid ships to completely switch all XR Terran ships over or if Egosoft releases a paranid ship model overhaul dlc, I will think about this again.

Edit: to make it a bit more clear: I want to do it, but only if Paranids still would have enough nice ships left
Gotcha ok that makes some sense. I have XR but I only played it for exactly 66 minutes before I decided I wasn't a fan and had gone back to x3, after doing some reading I see that the Paranid weren't really included in XR so you don't really have anything to pull from...

While I am not at all a fan of the paranid design they are at least somewhat consistent with the design from x3, although much too bulbous, the destroyer in x3 had the same basic profile but was sharper and sleeker, these ones are too rounded and fat looking.

*sigh* well every one can't agree on everything and I wish that there was a mod with more ships that actually fit the Paranid design language, the other ships you added for them always confused me as well but this one is even more Terran looking than the others with those disks.

I am not super familiar with how X4 mod loading works, but are doing things like submods possible? For instance if I wanted to create a submod for XRshippack that takes the Terran ships from the Paranid and gives them back to the Terrans, would I be able to do such a thing through XML edits alone or would it necessitate redistribution of assets? (something I would rather not do) The fact that patches such as the VRO patch are doable suggests this should be doable. I have fairly extensive experience working on mods for Kerbal Space Program and Skyrim, but mostly form the coding, scripting and config file editing side of things, so replacing them with something new is likely beyond what I could do, unless the kit-bashing approach I have seen some other mods take is not overly complicated.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 07:42

Yeah, I agree with AkiraR and was surprised too seeing Dreadnaught in PAR faction.
It combines two Terran Tokyos together: https://seizewell.de/x3-tc/ships/Tokyo.jpg and fits with it's style to TER faction more.
Another example being Terror ship - for me also doesn't fit with style and naming to PAR faction.
But I understand that there are other reasons.

I'm really hoping Egosoft would redo rushed PAR ships (and other ones) from the base game.
Speaking of consistency - I really like base game ships naming convention - TER having Japanese cities as large ships, PAR having god's names, TEL uses bird's names, split reptiles etc.
Would be nice to have XRSP ships named like that.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Volken32

Post by Volken32 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:44

Great mod, thanks for the effort. I've made a forum account just to leave you some feedback. I've noticed that in the most recent update you've added a Khaak destroyer and i'm getting really bad performance issues around them. I think it happens when fighters try to dock with it and it causes extreme FPS drops.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:32

AkiraR wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 00:37
Gotcha ok that makes some sense. I have XR but I only played it for exactly 66 minutes before I decided I wasn't a fan and had gone back to x3, after doing some reading I see that the Paranid weren't really included in XR so you don't really have anything to pull from...

While I am not at all a fan of the paranid design they are at least somewhat consistent with the design from x3, although much too bulbous, the destroyer in x3 had the same basic profile but was sharper and sleeker, these ones are too rounded and fat looking.

*sigh* well every one can't agree on everything and I wish that there was a mod with more ships that actually fit the Paranid design language, the other ships you added for them always confused me as well but this one is even more Terran looking than the others with those disks.

I am not super familiar with how X4 mod loading works, but are doing things like submods possible? For instance if I wanted to create a submod for XRshippack that takes the Terran ships from the Paranid and gives them back to the Terrans, would I be able to do such a thing through XML edits alone or would it necessitate redistribution of assets? (something I would rather not do) The fact that patches such as the VRO patch are doable suggests this should be doable. I have fairly extensive experience working on mods for Kerbal Space Program and Skyrim, but mostly form the coding, scripting and config file editing side of things, so replacing them with something new is likely beyond what I could do, unless the kit-bashing approach I have seen some other mods take is not overly complicated.
You can create a submod which switches the paranid ships over to the terran ships.
But it might be incompatible to future changes on that front once I decided to do it in this mod as well.
Mycu wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 07:42
Speaking of consistency - I really like base game ships naming convention - TER having Japanese cities as large ships, PAR having god's names, TEL uses bird's names, split reptiles etc.
Would be nice to have XRSP ships named like that.
I must admit I am against a naming and style convention for beeing forced to have only one for each race (like only gods). Think about the military of just one human army (be it USA, europe or china) even in each of these armies, there are totally different names and styles and when you now go on and think about when the whole humanity would build ships for a global star fleet, there would be different manufacturers resulting in very different styles and names and I think this is way more realistic (US navy ship names: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... tates_Navy ).

What I do agree is that ships of different races should not be mixed in style, so a par ship should never look like an argon one and so on. And thats why the Dreadnought does not fit to the terrans yet (only if I would switch all 7 (or so) over to terrans).
But as said, this is on my wishlist too, to give terran ships to the terrans but first I need a good paranid ship roster.
Volken32 wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:44
Great mod, thanks for the effort. I've made a forum account just to leave you some feedback. I've noticed that in the most recent update you've added a Khaak destroyer and i'm getting really bad performance issues around them. I think it happens when fighters try to dock with it and it causes extreme FPS drops.
I have tested the Khaak destroyer in many combats and I never had a performance issue. Can you give me some more details?

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:58

OK, I understand the necessity of needing to give the paranids something for, I have no intentions of having any submod I make be anything more than a temporary measure for those that are interested in such a thing. I probably wont even get the chance to look into creating a submod until after this semester ends (sometime in May) as my time distribution right now is school>gaming>modding and I barely get the chance to get to the gaming part lol.

Anyways I really love the mod and the work you have done, please don't take it as a criticism or anything. Cheers :)

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 08:00

Hi,

What ships gets Realm of Trinity (United Paranid Faction, after completing one of Paranid plots)

Thank you.

Volken32

Post by Volken32 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:08

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:32

I have tested the Khaak destroyer in many combats and I never had a performance issue. Can you give me some more details?
At the time there were 3-4 destroyers spawned with 3-4 squads of fighters and performance dropped sharply when they were starting to move in to blow up my stuff. Sadly I don't know any more specifics but it the FPS drop definitely had to do something with the Khaak destroyers. Now it could be some edge case scenario because I added the mod on a existing save file, where I was already in a Khaak system and I was already attacking them, which caused them to spawn immediately as I loaded in.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:44

st3k wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 08:00
Hi,

What ships gets Realm of Trinity (United Paranid Faction, after completing one of Paranid plots)

Thank you.
Wait for the next version (which I will upload soon). Actually they will only offer vanilla ships but in the next version they will offer all paranid ships (vanilla and mod ships).
Volken32 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:08
At the time there were 3-4 destroyers spawned with 3-4 squads of fighters and performance dropped sharply when they were starting to move in to blow up my stuff. Sadly I don't know any more specifics but it the FPS drop definitely had to do something with the Khaak destroyers. Now it could be some edge case scenario because I added the mod on a existing save file, where I was already in a Khaak system and I was already attacking them, which caused them to spawn immediately as I loaded in.
I just checked and fought against 4 destroyers, several fighters and a Khaak installation and my fps were always ok, like they would in every other fight (always above 50 and often above 70). So at least on my end, it seems they dont effect fps a lot. WIll keep an eye on it and see if others have this problem also.
Just in case, I removed a docking position tag on the ship model (didnt know for what it was), just in case it was the reason for the fps drops.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”