[MOD] Would you use this? "Smaller Sectors" - smaller sectors, but more of them

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Would you play a mod with smaller sectors?

Yes
50%
No
21%
Maybe
29%

Total votes: 14

SpaceCadet11864
x4

[MOD] Would you use this? "Smaller Sectors" - smaller sectors, but more of them

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 21:39

I am thinking of creating a mod that shrinks the busiest sectors down by having less stations in each of them, but also increasing the amount of sectors in the game. OF course, the sectors can grow if you explore, but he goal would be to reduce the CPU overhead in the busier sector, potentially increasing FPS and improving the flight experience.

My first take would be to cap the amount of NPC stations allowed in each sector on "galaxy generation" - and split the sectors that exceed that cap into multiple ones and use accelerators to keep them in the same system. That way, the game will feel more or less the same, but give the CPU a lot more breathing room.

teleportationwars

Re: [MOD] Would you use this? "Smaller Sectors" - smaller sectors, but more of them

Post by teleportationwars » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 00:37

This wouldn't reduce cpu load.

captainradish
x4

Re: [MOD] Would you use this? "Smaller Sectors" - smaller sectors, but more of them

Post by captainradish » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 21:01

Even if it wouldn't reduce CPU load (which I tend to agree wouldn't happen due to how the game handles out of- and in-sector ships) it would make warfare a bit more interesting due to sectors generally being closer together. I would try this out!

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 03:13

captainradish wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 21:01
Even if it wouldn't reduce CPU load (which I tend to agree wouldn't happen due to how the game handles out of- and in-sector ships) it would make warfare a bit more interesting due to sectors generally being closer together. I would try this out!
Its actually a really simple mod to make the sectors smaller. I see no benefit, but you do you!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”