[MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v6.05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.14)

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 18:40

If you ever feel adding back support a lot of work has been done to the mules you used to know.
https://github.com/Misunderstood-Wookie ... s-Extended
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 20:02

Would like to try this mod but has Right Click API been fixed so it works with the current version of X4 and Split V?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 22:18

Malakie wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 20:02
Would like to try this mod but has Right Click API been fixed so it works with the current version of X4 and Split V?
It works with this version https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/322

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 22:25

I seem to have one small issue with the mod. I have experienced mining fleets (4-5*) and fleet leaders are doing Expert AutoMine. Though, the subordinates get only "AutoMine" command with very limited mining/selling ranges compared to vanilla command (eg. 14 gates vs 5 gates).

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 21:47

Commented on the nexus post. But I disabled the fleet renaming as it's immersion breaking and kind of annoying. Perhaps reconsider that portion of the mod
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 10:18

Hmmmmmmm

It seems we may need a v2.0 for this mod.

The v2.0 would be made to be put onto Steam (of course can still be available on Nexus, but there will be some extra steps), and would be adopting the SirNukes API to address users' queries about renaming fleets. As a result of shifting to SirNuke's API, the entire mod will have to be rewritten.

And also, with v2.0, I have the opportunity to declare support for the new version of TaterTrade and the Mules.

Of course, as usual, Imma take it slow and steady, to avoid problems and excess stress from working too fast...

Edit: on another thought, since the right click part of SirNuke's api is still not stable yet, I will only be using SirNuke's for the in-game option menu.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 19:25

@Vectorial

What all do you need from tater? I haven't looked at the code but you basically just need to know the order params to pass on, correct?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 09:00

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 19:25
@Vectorial

What all do you need from tater? I haven't looked at the code but you basically just need to know the order params to pass on, correct?
Yup, the list of parameters is what I need. Once the parameters are finalized I can safely add support to your newer v5 TaterTrade.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 11:16

In response to your post on the Nexus about Win7 compatibility (responding here since your sticky said you're more likely to see it), the -prefersinglefiles command line doesn't work. The game still 'launches' and then just hangs in the task manager at using ~50kb RAM and no CPU. It only launches in the most technical of senses as well, the .exe being active and steam saying it's in use, but aside from steam, if you didn't look in the task manager you'd never know it had.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 07:17

Nyito wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 11:16
In response to your post on the Nexus about Win7 compatibility (responding here since your sticky said you're more likely to see it), the -prefersinglefiles command line doesn't work. The game still 'launches' and then just hangs in the task manager at using ~50kb RAM and no CPU. It only launches in the most technical of senses as well, the .exe being active and steam saying it's in use, but aside from steam, if you didn't look in the task manager you'd never know it had.
Ah, thanks for reporting!

I will have to stick to the cat-dat format I guess... gotta figure out the technical details first
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Erikk
x4

Post by Erikk » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 11:53

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 07:17
Nyito wrote:

I will have to stick to the cat-dat format I guess... gotta figure out the technical details first
Sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy in the last few days...

Yes, same for me it doesn't work. Thanks anyway for your help and dedication, Vectorial !

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 18:49

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 09:00
DeadAirRT wrote:
@Vectorial

Yup, the list of parameters is what I need. Once the parameters are finalized I can safely add support to your newer v5 TaterTrade.
Here are the added parameters for tater:

Code: Select all

<param name="distancecheckpercent" default="2" type="number" text="% Penalty per Jump" comment="How much of a penalty each jump is.">
  <input_param name="startvalue" value="2"/>
  <input_param name="min" value="1"/>
  <input_param name="max" value="10"/>
  <input_param name="step" value="1"/>
</param>
<param name="trinityban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,2301}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="splitban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,2001}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="freesplitban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,1601}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="courtban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,1801}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="buccaneersban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,2401}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="fallensplitban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,1701}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 23. Apr 20, 14:25

Erikk wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 11:53
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 07:17
Nyito wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy in the last few days...

Yes, same for me it doesn't work. Thanks anyway for your help and dedication, Vectorial !
There is this new CDE file now available on Nexus, see if that works for Win7. If it works, then I can try a bit with Steam upload.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 23. Apr 20, 14:28

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 18:49
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 09:00
DeadAirRT wrote:
@Vectorial

Here are the added parameters for tater:

Code: Select all

<param name="distancecheckpercent" default="2" type="number" text="% Penalty per Jump" comment="How much of a penalty each jump is.">
  <input_param name="startvalue" value="2"/>
  <input_param name="min" value="1"/>
  <input_param name="max" value="10"/>
  <input_param name="step" value="1"/>
</param>
<param name="trinityban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,2301}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="splitban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,2001}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="freesplitban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,1601}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="courtban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,1801}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="buccaneersban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,2401}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
<param name="fallensplitban" type="bool" default="false" text="{20203,1701}" comment="Ban faction from trade lists?" />
Misunderstood Wookie wrote:
Wed, 15. Apr 20, 18:40
If you ever feel adding back support a lot of work has been done to the mules you used to know.
https://github.com/Misunderstood-Wookie ... s-Extended
Thanks for the updates! Now it is time for me to provide support to the two mods; it will be a new golden age for trading.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

dnatabar
x4

Post by dnatabar » Thu, 23. Apr 20, 16:11

Looking forward to TaterTrader support!
Keep up the good work :)

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Thu, 23. Apr 20, 19:34

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 23. Apr 20, 14:25
There is this new CDE file now available on Nexus, see if that works for Win7. If it works, then I can try a bit with Steam upload.
Tried the cat/dat format version; same issue, sadly. Game 'launches' and then nothing. Have to kill the process via task manager to shut the game down.

Alberto.Rota
x4

Post by Alberto.Rota » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 09:08

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 10:18
Edit: on another thought, since the right click part of SirNuke's api is still not stable yet, I will only be using SirNuke's for the in-game option menu.
I'm using it in "Better piracy" (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=424589) without any kind of problem.
It is fully functional and has all the features you might need!
It's also so easy to integrate that adapting to any change he might do should not be a problem, while at the same time, using it now will allow you to provide feedback a request features now that he is still open to doing them ;)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 10:48

Alberto.Rota wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 09:08
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 10:18
I'm using it in "Better piracy" (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=424589) without any kind of problem.
It is fully functional and has all the features you might need!
It's also so easy to integrate that adapting to any change he might do should not be a problem, while at the same time, using it now will allow you to provide feedback a request features now that he is still open to doing them ;)
Eventually, I should ask SirNukes if he could mimic what my mod is doing with the right click part, but not now, since I'm getting busy with finals and what not, so I'm gonna do it slowly and start with the extensions options only.

Meanwhile I updated the CDE pack for Win7 with a different packing strategy in mind. There are two changes:
  • The *.lua are converted to *.txt
  • An extra md.xsd is added, to see if it fixes the problem.
Edit: Rabbit hole deeper than I thought. Will need to think of a plan to single out the exact cause of error. More info on the Nexus comment section.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

FlankStrike

Post by FlankStrike » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 06:21

EDIT: Sorry if the issue has been mentions before, but after researching... I have a mix of nexus mods and steam workshop mods... Copying the documents folder extensions and moving them to the steamapps common folder fixed this mod as well as many others!!!

Hey, total X series noob here.

I was super excited to find this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded what I think is the most recent version of G Workaround but no go (I also have RightClickAPI)

Is this mod currently functioning for the rest of you?

evilbenfranklin
x4

Post by evilbenfranklin » Mon, 4. May 20, 21:18

FlankStrike wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 06:21
EDIT: Sorry if the issue has been mentions before, but after researching... I have a mix of nexus mods and steam workshop mods... Copying the documents folder extensions and moving them to the steamapps common folder fixed this mod as well as many others!!!

Hey, total X series noob here.

I was super excited to find this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded what I think is the most recent version of G Workaround but no go (I also have RightClickAPI)

Is this mod currently functioning for the rest of you?
I've got the most up to date versions of CivFleets, G-Workaround, and RightClickAPI, and they're showing up in the mod list, but something appears to be broken as right-clicking gives none of the expected options.

Looking at commentary on Nexus for G-Workaround/RightClickAPI, it seems the 3.10 update may have broken them : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... ry79456778

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”