[MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v6.05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nyito
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.14)

Post by Nyito » Thu, 23. Apr 20, 19:34

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 23. Apr 20, 14:25
There is this new CDE file now available on Nexus, see if that works for Win7. If it works, then I can try a bit with Steam upload.
Tried the cat/dat format version; same issue, sadly. Game 'launches' and then nothing. Have to kill the process via task manager to shut the game down.

Alberto.Rota
x4

Post by Alberto.Rota » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 09:08

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 10:18
Edit: on another thought, since the right click part of SirNuke's api is still not stable yet, I will only be using SirNuke's for the in-game option menu.
I'm using it in "Better piracy" (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=424589) without any kind of problem.
It is fully functional and has all the features you might need!
It's also so easy to integrate that adapting to any change he might do should not be a problem, while at the same time, using it now will allow you to provide feedback a request features now that he is still open to doing them ;)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 10:48

Alberto.Rota wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 09:08
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 10:18
Edit: on another thought, since the right click part of SirNuke's api is still not stable yet, I will only be using SirNuke's for the in-game option menu.
I'm using it in "Better piracy" (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=424589) without any kind of problem.
It is fully functional and has all the features you might need!
It's also so easy to integrate that adapting to any change he might do should not be a problem, while at the same time, using it now will allow you to provide feedback a request features now that he is still open to doing them ;)
Eventually, I should ask SirNukes if he could mimic what my mod is doing with the right click part, but not now, since I'm getting busy with finals and what not, so I'm gonna do it slowly and start with the extensions options only.

Meanwhile I updated the CDE pack for Win7 with a different packing strategy in mind. There are two changes:
  • The *.lua are converted to *.txt
  • An extra md.xsd is added, to see if it fixes the problem.
Edit: Rabbit hole deeper than I thought. Will need to think of a plan to single out the exact cause of error. More info on the Nexus comment section.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

FlankStrike

Post by FlankStrike » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 06:21

EDIT: Sorry if the issue has been mentions before, but after researching... I have a mix of nexus mods and steam workshop mods... Copying the documents folder extensions and moving them to the steamapps common folder fixed this mod as well as many others!!!

Hey, total X series noob here.

I was super excited to find this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded what I think is the most recent version of G Workaround but no go (I also have RightClickAPI)

Is this mod currently functioning for the rest of you?

evilbenfranklin
x4

Post by evilbenfranklin » Mon, 4. May 20, 21:18

FlankStrike wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 06:21
EDIT: Sorry if the issue has been mentions before, but after researching... I have a mix of nexus mods and steam workshop mods... Copying the documents folder extensions and moving them to the steamapps common folder fixed this mod as well as many others!!!

I was super excited to find this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded what I think is the most recent version of G Workaround but no go (I also have RightClickAPI)

I've got the most up to date versions of CivFleets, G-Workaround, and RightClickAPI, and they're showing up in the mod list, but something appears to be broken as right-clicking gives none of the expected options.

Looking at commentary on Nexus for G-Workaround/RightClickAPI, it seems the 3.10 update may have broken them : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... ry79456778

Snowfious
x4

Post by Snowfious » Tue, 5. May 20, 21:18

evilbenfranklin wrote:
Mon, 4. May 20, 21:18
FlankStrike wrote:

I've got the most up to date versions of CivFleets, G-Workaround, and RightClickAPI, and they're showing up in the mod list, but something appears to be broken as right-clicking gives none of the expected options.

Looking at commentary on Nexus for G-Workaround/RightClickAPI, it seems the 3.10 update may have broken them : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... ry79456778
As of 3.20 public beta that released today, RightClickAPI is broken and does not work. So this Mod will not work sadly. Hope it gets fixed fast.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Wed, 6. May 20, 11:31

hi any chance you can add Reaction Force support

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 6. May 20, 12:32

rosssack wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 11:31
While it would no longer be civilian, I see no problems adding support to Reaction Forces.

But it won't be available right away. Even as of now, there are still some changes to v2.0 (in progress) of this mod.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Wed, 6. May 20, 14:24

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 12:32
rosssack wrote:
While it would no longer be civilian, I see no problems adding support to Reaction Forces.

But it won't be available right away. Even as of now, there are still some changes to v2.0 (in progress) of this mod.
ok thanks ,,ps the right click api is buggerd again

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 6. May 20, 17:39

rosssack wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 14:24
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 12:32
rosssack wrote:

ok thanks ,,ps the right click api is buggerd again
Snowfious wrote:
Tue, 5. May 20, 21:18
evilbenfranklin wrote:
Mon, 4. May 20, 21:18
FlankStrike wrote:

As of 3.20 public beta that released today, RightClickAPI is broken and does not work. So this Mod will not work sadly. Hope it gets fixed fast.
Yup... The beta version is always breaking the Right Click API... working to make the mod somehow more resilient when that happens.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Wed, 6. May 20, 19:58

rosssack wrote:
2.0+ of reaction force has passing orders down to subordinates built into it already
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

Snowfious
x4

Post by Snowfious » Wed, 6. May 20, 20:03

FYI everyone, Vectorial1024 has worked out some kinks to where you do not need to have RightClickAPI mod. The author has added a fallback option to where it'll let you create your mining and trading fleets by assigning your ships to the "Defend, Attack, Intercept" options and they'll create the fleets to correspond with what the civilian ship is.

Here is the main file for the mod: https://github.com/Vectorial1024/v1024_civilian_fleets

Here is the fallback version to download for right now (currently getting pushed to main, so download this for now until push is finished): https://github.com/Vectorial1024/v1024_ ... ckmode-wip

I've been using it so far, and everything works correctly. Great job Vectorial1024 for the quick fix. Love this mod!

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 7. May 20, 14:44

ShiBDiB wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 19:58
rosssack wrote:
2.0+ of reaction force has passing orders down to subordinates built into it already
Thanks for the info! Glad that I haven't done anything about it on my side yet.
Snowfious wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 20:03
FYI everyone, Vectorial1024 has worked out some kinks to where you do not need to have RightClickAPI mod. The author has added a fallback option to where it'll let you create your mining and trading fleets by assigning your ships to the "Defend, Attack, Intercept" options and they'll create the fleets to correspond with what the civilian ship is.

Here is the main file for the mod: https://github.com/Vectorial1024/v1024_civilian_fleets

Here is the fallback version to download for right now (currently getting pushed to main, so download this for now until push is finished): https://github.com/Vectorial1024/v1024_ ... ckmode-wip

I've been using it so far, and everything works correctly. Great job Vectorial1024 for the quick fix. Love this mod!
Thanks for the heads up! v2.00 is now available on Nexus now, with quite a list for the changelog too.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Thu, 7. May 20, 15:40

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 14:44
v2.00 is now available on Nexus now, with quite a list for the changelog too.
Yay! Two questions though:
1) Is it compatible with 3.1 or do I need to "go beta" ;-)
2) Where's the changelog? I might be dense, but I searched everywhere, incl. github, nexus, here and couldn't find changelog for 2.0 :)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 7. May 20, 16:35

bbn wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 15:40
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 14:44
v2.00 is now available on Nexus now, with quite a list for the changelog too.
Yay! Two questions though:
1) Is it compatible with 3.1 or do I need to "go beta" ;-)
2) Where's the changelog? I might be dense, but I searched everywhere, incl. github, nexus, here and couldn't find changelog for 2.0 :)
Re 1

Totally compatible! Stay at v3.10 with Right Click API (is it working?) or go v3.20 beta without the API! Now, even when the API breaks, the Fallback Mode is resilient enough that you can remove the API until it comes back working.

Re 2

I was actually AFK... you should find them on Nexus now. (Though you can also find them on GitHub releases.)
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Thu, 7. May 20, 19:10

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 16:35
Totally compatible! Stay at v3.10 with Right Click API (is it working?) or go v3.20 beta without the API! Now, even when the API breaks, the Fallback Mode is resilient enough that you can remove the API until it comes back working.
Fantastic! I have to many mods installed so I would rather not rush to beta in case some of them break...
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 16:35
I was actually AFK... you should find them on Nexus now. (Though you can also find them on GitHub releases.)
Thanks! This two below are game changer for me:
> Added new configurable option: toggle civilian fleet auto-rename
> Fixed Mining Fleets with Expert AutoMine getting bad range params for their subordinates
Updating now! :)

shovelmonkey
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v2.02)

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 9. May 20, 01:36

1st off, great mod, really enjoying getting my miners and traders more easily organized.

One observation, and this may be a vanilla behavior as I've never dealt with fleets: When subordinate ships in my mining fleet sell ore it isn't reported in the logbook or queued up in the "due from trades" entry in the map. I'm getting the money when they sell, so not the end of the world, but it doesn't seem to be tracked.

Now to the question, how hard would it be when the fleet names itself to just include some small basic information in the fleet name ie, "Civilian 1 Mining Fleet *Silicon - Grand Exchange IV*" ? Just to further enhance the ability to scan the fleet list and know who is doing what and their anchor system without having to check through behaviours?
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 9. May 20, 03:12

Started my 1st TaterTrade civilian fleet, subordinate trades in this fleet are being reported in the logbook and seem to be reflected in the due from trades queue, so seems like the issue is only on mining fleets.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 9. May 20, 03:16

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 03:12
Started my 1st TaterTrade civilian fleet, subordinate trades in this fleet are being reported in the logbook and seem to be reflected in the due from trades queue, so seems like the issue is only on mining fleets.
vanilla script doesn't report subordinate actions to player

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 9. May 20, 06:48

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 01:36
1st off, great mod, really enjoying getting my miners and traders more easily organized.

One observation, and this may be a vanilla behavior as I've never dealt with fleets: When subordinate ships in my mining fleet sell ore it isn't reported in the logbook or queued up in the "due from trades" entry in the map. I'm getting the money when they sell, so not the end of the world, but it doesn't seem to be tracked.

Now to the question, how hard would it be when the fleet names itself to just include some small basic information in the fleet name ie, "Civilian 1 Mining Fleet *Silicon - Grand Exchange IV*" ? Just to further enhance the ability to scan the fleet list and know who is doing what and their anchor system without having to check through behaviours?
Re 1, ah, that perhaps explain why there are some people complaining on the Nexus page that this mod is "hurting their profits". One guy said that the TaterTrade fleet only "earned them 3 mil", but if the fleet is separated back to the individual ships, the ships "earned them 30 mil". I guess he meant the credits due value, which is kind of a reference-only value.

Re 2, additional information is technically possible, but can be tedious.

Mainly, not all kinds of civ-orders have anchor space, and even if they have anchor space, they can have different variable names. Vanilla ones call them "range", some others may call them "home", or "anchor". The naming is not standardized. And, the anchor space can be a station too, in that case, probably not gonna print the station name, because station names can get very long. (And, sector names can get very long too, like "Second Contact II Flashpoint")

For the warebaskets, of course, the variable naming is not guaranteed to be standardized, similar to above. But then, for warebaskets, there is a problem with a large basket. Sure, if there are e.g. only 1 ware in the warebasket, I can append that at the end of the name, no problem with that. But if there are e.g. 3, 5, or more wares, there will be a problem with, again, names being too long. With e.g. 10 wares or more in the basket, it's probably a good idea to omit some of the wares, and so, eventually, you gotta go back to the behaviors menu to check the warebasket anyway.

So, to conclude, since the additional text in fleet names is tedious to manage, I decided not to include them, and so I stick with the current "Civilian XX YY" format.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”